The Reason We Aren't Getting V. Young | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Reason We Aren't Getting V. Young

Crowder52

Inside LB
Reaction score
I agree that he could fall to 16 based on the teams in front of us and the supposed fall his draft stock has taken. Not likely, but a possibility. However, the Vikings are in desperate need of a young QB to sit behind B. Johnson for a year or two. They would strongly consider trading up from 17 to grab him if he falls far enough.

That being said, if they were unable to work out a deal with another team, Saban's pre-draft gesturing could prove genius. If Minny thinks we are interested in Young, we could get them to do one of those trades where they only move up one pick and give up a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Here's the ESPN article quote:
Minnesota Vikings -- The Vikings have used several of their recent workouts on quarterbacks and linebackers, arguably their two biggest positions of need. The Vikings have scheduled workouts with QBs Vince Young (Texas) and Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt) next week.

Minnesota reportedly would consider moving up a few spots in order to draft Young, should he slip to the 10th overall pick (owned by the Cardinals) or beyond. There is also a sense that the team isn't willing to move up for Cutler, but would select him if he is still available at pick No. 17.

I really could not see Minnesota taking Vince Young. He's the anti-thesis of a WCO offense QB. You need a smart quarterback capable of learning a system who will make multiple reads and a smart decision. Vince Young might be a good QB in time, but the chances of him doing it in the WCO are very small.

I agree on the WCO thing, but you never know. This kid is a project, they could work on customizing the offense for him as they phase him in. Any team who takes this kid, it seems, will have to tailor their offense to him at least somewhat.

Hahaha...either way it looks like we're going to dick around the vikings for the 2nd time this year. I'll just call it the curse of Vernon Carey.

Back
Top Bottom