The reasons Ogun is not signed....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reasons Ogun is not signed.......

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Here are the reasons........

The talk that they are far apart is Bullcrap.......with ricky's money off the books......it frees up a ton more to give to Ogun in signing bonus........The last report was that they were okay on salary but 6 million apart on signing bonus.........

The money is now available, and still nothing......but here is the dead giveaway......There is no urgency to get him signed......they even have not had ANY discussions in the last 2 weeks!!!!

These facts point to one thing and one thing only.....They are trying to trade him because no team would like to get Ogun in a trade if they do not agree on his contract beforehand......

Everyday that passes makes it more likely that Ogun is gone via trade.......

calmlikeabomb said:
$6 mil apart????

That tells me that Wale is asking for the WORLD! :eek:

Well..the last report was that Drew had asked for 15 million...but dropped it to 13....the Dolphins had offered 7.........

Section126 said:
Well..the last report was that Drew had asked for 15 million...but dropped it to 13....the Dolphins had offered 7.........

And I don't see Rosenhaus dropping again considering Wistrom got 14 million for a signing bonus and then failed the team physical. :eek:

Man, I hope you're wrong... But I have a feeling you're right on target :shakeno:

I guess I missed the report that the FO was only offering $7 mil.

So they are offering $7 mil AND want it broken down into 2 payments?

calmlikeabomb said:
$6 mil apart????

That tells me that Wale is asking for the WORLD! :eek:

Well he should ask for his worth. Right now he is worth more than the Freak was (at his 3rd year) because his production is higher. Therefore he should be compensated for it.

calmlikeabomb said:
I guess I missed the report that the FO was only offering $7 mil.

So they are offering $7 mil AND want it broken down into 2 payments?

Yeah!!

Talk about hardball........this is beyond Hardball...this is ridiculous.....That's why I am convinced that he is trade bait.

Gary Miles said:
That's interesting. Any whispers as too who the trades talks (if any) might be with?

What I heard is the same things you all have heard......nothing new.....

The only thing I reported that was different than what you have now heard is the Marshall Faulk deal....but you can kiss that one goodbye....Faulk's contract makes the deal impossible........

They'll trade for the ghost of Reg Grange before that deal happens now.....

What I read somewhere, and sorry I do not still have the link... was that the actual number amount for the bonus they were very close on. Where the big difference occurs is that Drew Rosenbutt wants all the bonus now and the phins wanted to defer half until next season.

I still can't believe that is a sticking point. I mean both sides are getting what they want, the phins get a good DE and Ogun and rosenbutt get their money. So what if they don't get it all today. Do they really have to have that much money all at once? Hell even if he is buying a house use the part you get now as a down payment and then pay off the rest of the mortgage next year!

Oboy said:
Hell even if he is buying a house use the part you get now as a down payment and then pay off the rest of the mortgage next year!

It can't be the house thing. If he bought a 7 million dollar house the taxes would eat his @ss up.

Wait a minute :huh:

There are no property taxes in Florida :tantrum:

Actually I do recall reading something similar but not sure where. It basically said the money was agreed upon for the bonus (I thought is was $11 mil ) but the phins want it sprad over 2 years to ease the cap hit and have enough to sign Chambers. Wale should take this offer, I think it is more than fair.

Section126 said:
Here are the reasons........

The talk that they are far apart is Bullcrap.......with ricky's money off the books......it frees up a ton more to give to Ogun in signing bonus........The last report was that they were okay on salary but 6 million apart on signing bonus.........

The money is now available, and still nothing......but here is the dead giveaway......There is no urgency to get him signed......they even have not had ANY discussions in the last 2 weeks!!!!

These facts point to one thing and one thing only.....They are trying to trade him because no team would like to get Ogun in a trade if they do not agree on his contract beforehand......

Everyday that passes makes it more likely that Ogun is gone via trade.......
What you're saying makes sense,but I still hope that you end up being wrong. What do you think they would try to get for him via trade? One running back is not enough in my opinion. Sack leader, MVP, young, we would need to get a lot for him.

Back
Top Bottom