The Roller Coaster Continues | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Roller Coaster Continues

Ghetti13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
If the early diagnosis is accurate, and they normally are, David Boston will be lost for the season, and realistically, he will never be the same player again. This is devastating news for Miami's offense just one day after Miami locked up the most talented recieving tandem in the league for many years to come. So, that being said, where can they turn?
Now, Miami can start Thompson, sign Tim Brown, or wait for some other camp casualty who is incapable of luring double teams away from Chris Chambers.

There is one player on Miami's roster who can get open deep, go over the middle, and most importantly make defenses think twice about single coverage.

Kendall Newson

Now, I realize the hecklers will come from miles around to pounce on this thought and dispell it as unthinkable. But, the fact of the matter is that injuries happen, and players often need to step up. Now in 1997 Jerry Rice went down and a 6'3, 226 pound second year player from Tennessee-Chattanooga, who had 35 career receptions, got his chance and established himself as a true threat at the reciever position.

The first response will be that Kendall Newson, a 6'1 193 pound second year player from Middle Tennessee State with only 2 career receptions is not Terrell Owens. There is no doubt about that. However, I can guarantee that nobody in the league knew that Terrell Owens was Terrell Owens when he was given his first opportunity.

All I know is that if David Boston is not lost for the season, Miami will have a talented reserve in Kendall Newson. But, if he is lost for the season, Miami will at least have one player with the talent to possibly be a playmaker opposite Chris Chambers, and we all know, that is all Chris will need.

Keep an eye on Mr. Newson as this pre-season plays out.

Ghetti13 said:
If the early diagnosis is accurate, and they normally are, David Boston will be lost for the season, and realistically, he will never be the same player again.

That's nonsense. Even if he's out for the season, a patella tendon injury isn't going to affect him the rest of his career.

but this will be the 2nd one in the same knee, if its a tear, but wanny said they believe its a strain, so i will cross my fingers and listen to our coach on this one....

Al13 said:
but this will be the 2nd one in the same knee, if its a tear, but wanny said they believe its a strain, so i will cross my fingers and listen to our coach on this one....

i thought they said it was on the other knee.

Thompson always shines in pre season. Maybe this year is different! Lets pray Boston is OK! Newson, well - we'll get to see plenty of him this pre-season as you can bet Chambers, and especially Boston will see only a few limited snaps!

Dave say!

JimmyJ said:
Thompson always shines in pre season. Maybe this year is different! Lets pray Boston is OK! Newson, well - we'll get to see plenty of him this pre-season as you can bet Chambers, and especially Boston will see only a few limited snaps!

Dave say that the leason was in the other leg, is gone a be a very dificult season but maybe another player could help Chambers and Thompson...., Newson, Tolver, Minnis, i hope so....

Back
Top Bottom