The Suns are scared | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Suns are scared

Wagon Circler said:
By the way who plays an elimination game 7 and loses by 31 points?

what superstar shoots 3 times in the second half? i agree with barkley, as crazy as he is sometimes. kobe wanted to place the blame squarely on his teammates. think iverson would have gone out like that, let alone MJ?

people will say: kobe can't win. he gets criticized for gunning; he gets criticized for disappearing. in game 6, when he was gunning, brown and odom were unstoppable in the post. it wasn't even close down there on the block. brown was in foul trouble, but odom was going nuts. so kobe shoots and shoots and shoots. game 7, nobody else is doing anything, and kobe is pouting.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I thought Nash should have won the MVP this year and be backed it up with what he did against the Lakers. I knew this series was over when the Lakers got beat up in LA in game 6 like they did. When Kobe learns how to make his teammates better, he'll start to win some playoff series but until then, guys like Nash (who make everyone on their team better, from the trainer to the announcers) will continue to knock him out, despite Nash not being as talented as Kobe on the court!

Maybe if Kobe had some DECENT players around him. Kobe was trying to get his teammates involved yesterday, but they were throwing up brick after brick.

BUMP

Kobe shows his real colors. He made a point not to make any points....

Sorry, Phil Jackson is over-rated.
The Lakers opened the series playing above themselves, and gave the Suns a run...
But....SCOREBOARD

azfinfanmang said:
BUMP

Kobe shows his real colors. He made a point not to make any points....

Sorry, Phil Jackson is over-rated.
The Lakers opened the series playing above themselves, and gave the Suns a run...
But....SCOREBOARD

How do you figure?

finfansince72 said:
Im not sure what was going on with Kobe. He had what 5 shots in the second half and didn't make any of them? Thats the worst half by a superstar in a game 7 that I can remember. Pathetic.

I know he wasn't a superstar, but John Starks in game 7 of the 1994 Finals still takes the cake for worst performance on the big stage, in my opinion. 2 for 18 from the field, 0 for 6 from beyond the arc for the Knicks' best shooter. I know Kidd scored zero, but he didn't actively shoot his team out of the game.

Incidentally, mad props to the Suns. I thought they were dead and buried after game 4. Guess not. We can rip Kobe and PJ and the other Lakers not named Odom all we want, but coming back from 3-1 down takes balls.

HurriPhinFan said:
How do you figure?

He's only got 9 rings. He should CLEARLY have at least 11. ;)

(Though he probably would have 10 if "Knick" Bavetta doesn't make that dubious foul call on Scottie Pippen in the 94 Conference Finals).

The fact that Jackson got a team of Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom and 10 guys I wouldn't choose in a YMCA pick-up game to within one game of the second round is impressive. That bunch wouldn't have won 35 games with another coach.

HurriPhinFan said:
How do you figure?

The man has rings.
The man has also had Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Shaq and Kobe....

Listen, I was loving watching him when he was coaching the Red, White and Black.... But, I propose that a dozen coaches could have as many rings given the same situations that Phil has had.
The entire Zen thing and his two finger whistle has grown old. The Triangle is nice, he didnt invent it. He has done a good job of being a peace keeper, but if he was that good, Shaq would have been in LA another year or two.

I would like to have seen him get as much out of the Suns as Mike-D is.

azfinfanmang said:
But, I propose that a dozen coaches could have as many rings given the same situations that Phil has had.
The entire Zen thing and his two finger whistle has grown old. The Triangle is nice, he didnt invent it. He has done a good job of being a peace keeper, but if he was that good, Shaq would have been in LA another year or two.

I would like to have seen him get as much out of the Suns as Mike-D is.

phil is overrated because he didn't invent the triangle? red auerbach is overrated because he had bill russell when the average center of the time was a 6'5" stiff, right? don shula is overrated because tom landry invented the 4-3 defense, right?

i'm sure many teams would love to see phil coach their teams. if he ever wants another ring, he's going to have to accept a job somewhere else, IMO.

how do you figure shaq would have been in LA another year or two? shaq and phil were both run out of town in the same year, remember, the summer kobe was the de facto GM?

phil is not overrated; kobe is. it has always been about "being the next MJ" for him. guess what it was about for MJ? WINNING. kobe doesn't know how to win. he does know how to proclaim whose team it is; he does know how to chuck up 35 shots; he does know how to share the ball. he doesn't know when to pass and when to chuck up the shots, because it's all about perception for him. if he could let go and think about winning the game, he would be fine, IMO. instead, he's thinking of HOW he wants to win the game, and that's putting the cart before the horse. many people have said that kobe would rather be "the man" on a losing team than be a component of a winning team. he has done nothing to show otherwise.

steve kerr brought up a good point on ESPN radio this morning: in the second half, kobe might have tried to make his teammates better by attacking and creating. he still could have taken 3 shots if he wanted, but he could have created problems for the D and passed off to teammates. instead, he stood around and did nothing, because he was trying to prove a point (kerr did not add this last bit).

Kobe just seemed to kind of give up in the 2nd half. You would not have seen MJ do this.

DPlus47 said:
steve kerr brought up a good point on ESPN radio this morning: in the second half, kobe might have tried to make his teammates better by attacking and creating. he still could have taken 3 shots if he wanted, but he could have created problems for the D and passed off to teammates. instead, he stood around and did nothing, because he was trying to prove a point (kerr did not add this last bit).

That is a good point... Didnt think about it like that. I believe-unfortunately for Kobe, that he has a stigma pre-placed on him because of when he came into the league and his abilities. If he ever grows out of that dark shadow, he could be part of some very good teams. I dont think the entire Rape incident helped either. Guilty or not, the way it was dealt with was very bad... Lets not forget the Karl Malone incident either.

As for Phil Jackson- The man does have 9 rings, and that will be hard for any coach to duplicate, but how did he do when Jordan left for his baseball stint? And how did he do after Shaq left? He does have 9 rings, I just feel that other coaches have done more with less... Maybe not for as long a span, but that's my opinion.

I made a bet with 4 friends of 500 dollars right when the Suns were down 1-3 that they would bounce back and win this series. AND IT HAPPENED. I follow the Suns alot, and I knew they were very capable of still pulling this series. Heck, if anything the Suns should have been up 3-1 if it wasn't for a few bad plays and missed time-outs.

Great job by Phoenix overall. Steve Nash is the deserving MVP winner after the first round series over and done with.

Im pretty sure there alot of issues with alot of other good players also. Aside from the rape accusation. The only reason its in the press, radio, and TV because its Kobe. Everyone in media watches this guy everymove with magnify glass. He didnt pass the ball to his teammate who cant score or he didnt shoot a trillion points to win the game because his heart was not in it. He cant win either way. It's rediculous but it sells. Since its in the media it must be correct.:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

icephinfan said:
The Suns/ Clips series outta be good, lots of speed both ways.

It should. I wonder what the suns are going to do to stop Brand and Kayman.:evil:

icephinfan said:
The Suns/ Clips series outta be good, lots of speed both ways.

I gotta take the Suns in 6. I mean, you can't pick the Clippers to make a conference finals. You just can't. Never, ever, EVER be afraid to pick against the "just happy to be here" team.

Back
Top Bottom