The Truth About Round One | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Truth About Round One

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Are we a superbowl team?

I think so. I think we are missing a few things and have a few other things that are so good they offset everything and give us a chance. But the glaring need...the most obvious aspect that we need to address...the speed in our secondary. Schulters/Tillman, Jones/Bell, Daniels, Madison and Howard would be the saddest team entry at a 40 yard dash contest. Not that a workout is that important, but where you really need quick-burst acceleration is in the secondary.

We got Will Allen. He's going to cover the right side of the field for most of the plays. I don't mean all encompassing coverage. I mean the deep bomb.

I'm convinced that we will draft a speedy defensive back in the first round at 16, or at a later pick if we choose to trade down.

I think Saban wants to upgrade and develop either a shutdown corner or a ballhawking/hardhitting free safety.

I can't see any other choice unless D'Brickashaw Ferguson slides to 16.

I think there are 3 defensive backs who will all be gone by pick 17.

I just hope we can get one of them because any one of them will solve a whole deep half of a field's worth of problems.

Michael Huff FS/CB (5 - 9)

Jimmy Williams CB/FS (9 - 20)

Antonio Cromartie CB (5 - 32)

That's it for me.

It's one of those 3 guys or we made a mistake in this draft.

If none of them are available then I go for either one of the two stud receivers (Holmes or Jackson) or I'll just be unhappy.

I'd take Broderick Bunkley too. It could happen.

But one of those 3 guys will help us infinitely more than any other move we can make, short of signing Daunte Culpepper to replace Gus Frerotte.

Huff will be gone.

Williams will bust.

Cromartie is the man.

I like Williams, I think Cromartie will have a big career. I think at safety we could get Allen or Simpson

Back
Top Bottom