The way I see it, only two positions need imperative additions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The way I see it, only two positions need imperative additions

Puffboy(ricky)

MVP sextoy
Reaction score
While if better talent comes available, and then sure make an upgrade at running back or receiver. But only positions that need serious attention are RG and another good DT. Timbo's

age and health are a big concern. While we have quality people there, losing Bowens would be a huge dent in the rotation. Phins appear to have addressed most areas very well with younger talent and have a bright future. Hampering upcoming drafts trading picks doesn't bode well for a team that looks to be transitioning into the team of the future very smoothly. Anybody see areas of real concern?

I think our DL is one of the strongest in the NFL. DT T. Bowens is getting old, but he's still great against the run. We've got very solid depth at DT too IMO. I've never been worried about TB going down. At all....

As for WR, I don't think we need anymore. We should be able to get solid results with what we have. As for RB, I could see us doing something before the start of the season just to be safe, but Morris and Minor are looking fine right now IMO....

Feeley and Fiedler are a fine duo. The strongest duo in the division....

PHINZ RULE!!! :eek:

I dont think DT is in serious need, or even lilttle need for that matter. If TBo goes down, Zgonina is a very capable backup. And wed still have the yound prospect Romero, who most people like alot.

I don't think we 'NEED' anyone. However, if someone of starting caliber is available after the cuts, we should try to get them. That is what the great teams do. The upgrade themselves and then their good starters now become great depth.

One thing will determine how the season goes.

The Dolphins ability to throw the ball down the field

Now, that encompasses a couple of things. First, the QB has to be able to throw those passes. Second, the line has to be able to give the QB and WR time for those routes to develop.

We need the ability to throw the ball down the field for the play action to work. Regardless if you want it to or not, the passing game will be centered around the play action off the run. Chris Forester was brought in specifically to install some of Indianapolis's play action passing tactics to this offense. This is not going to work if we can't throw the ball down the field.

More short passes will do nothing but continue to limit the offense. This team has to be able to throw the ball down the field.

I don't feel great about Wade at LT or Seth at center. They are solid starters but I feel the key to a great offense in Dec & Jan are great O-lines. And even though I am a big Jay supporter I still feel we need an upgrade at QB and RB. I will put a wait and see on Freemon at FS.

BUT of course we need a upgrade at coach more than anywhere else.

Next season's draft should include a solid DT, S, and maybe linebacker depending on Moore, Bua, Pope Etc.... our defense is aging while the influx of new, young talent continues to be on offense...

Back
Top Bottom