they plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

they plan

patswho?

winner
Reaction score
worst case scenario we finish 6-10

with our draft pick we poick up the replacement for tim bowens or seau retiring. we pick up a premier olineman
james,mckinney,olineman,mcintosh,carey
thats above average.

pick up edge and a qb (anyone got a list of FA qb's)

and we are set for the playoffs :cooldude:

With this season around the corner...I'm really not thinking of next year's draft. Hell, I'm still breaking down the Titans game, and BTW, who's to say we're not set for the playoffs this season? I've seen horrid offenses in the superbowl recently. This offense IMO is better then the Ravens or Bucs and the defense is pretty close to what we've seen from those teams in their SB run. JMO.

fint0xicated said:
With this season around the corner...I'm really not thinking of next year's draft. Hell, I'm still breaking down the Titans game, and BTW, who's to say we're not set for the playoffs this season? I've seen horrid offenses in the superbowl recently. This offense IMO is better then the Ravens or Bucs and the defense is pretty close to what we've seen from those teams in their SB run. JMO.
I agree with everything but our offences were better. That is hardly even debatable. The Ravens had a great RB and great O-Line, with a mediocre passing game. The Bucs had a mediocre line and RB, with a good QB, and good WRs.

FinFan24 said:
The Bucs had a mediocre line and RB, with a good QB, and good WRs.

This could be achievable for the fins this year with of course an acquisition at WR. Who knows, Feely could pan out well at game time, and Minor might just be better than mediocre (key words being "could" and "might"). Either way, I just can't wait for this season to start already!:D LETS DO THISSS!!

im not saying were not going to the playoffs. im saying in worst case scenario and if we follow that plan we are in the playoffs next year, i said nothing baout this seaosn

Next year.

This organization will need a real front office and a real coaching staff before the fans can start talking playoffs anytime soon. "Playoffs, you are talking playoffs???" I am watching Jim Mora Jr coach right now, he does not realize that his dad had one of the greatest quote in professional sports, it definately applies to the Miami Dolphins, a once proud franchise that has turned so sorry. Watching the Falcons vs the Ravens tonight, the Baltimore Ravens can teach a thing or two about evaluating and acquiring talent to the Miami Dolphins FO, I think the Ravens are serious contenders this year. They have a good FO (Brian Savage would have made a great GM for the Miami Dolphins, not Spielman) and, I think, a great motivator and great head coach in Brian Billick.:confused:

patswho? said:

with our draft pick we poick up the replacement for tim bowens or seau retiring. we pick up a premier olineman
thats above average.

I have to disagree we play 16 games so the worst case scenario is we finish 0-16

hal20001963 said:
This organization will need a real front office and a real coaching staff before the fans can start talking playoffs anytime soon. "Playoffs, you are talking playoffs???" I am watching Jim Mora Jr coach right now, he does not realize that his dad had one of the greatest quote in professional sports, it definately applies to the Miami Dolphins, a once proud franchise that has turned so sorry. Watching the Falcons vs the Ravens tonight, the Baltimore Ravens can teach a thing or two about evaluating and acquiring talent to the Miami Dolphins FO, I think the Ravens are serious contenders this year. They have a good FO (Brian Savage would have made a great GM for the Miami Dolphins, not Spielman) and, I think, a great motivator and great head coach in Brian Billick.:confused:

I disagree. The Dolphins are not far from being a playoff team again. Now if you had said we need a new FO and coaching staff before talking Superbowl, then I'd say you are correct.

As for Spielman, it's his first season at his new job. Cut him some slack. Nobody comes into a position like that without making some mistakes. Give him a couple of years to see what he can do. Afterall, this has been our best draft in the past few years. I'm also certain that he will learn to work FA in our favor as well. Give the guy a fair chance.

Wannstedt

Lungoystr said:
I disagree. The Dolphins are not far from being a playoff team again. Now if you had said we need a new FO and coaching staff before talking Superbowl, then I'd say you are correct.

As for Spielman, it's his first season at his new job. Cut him some slack. Nobody comes into a position like that without making some mistakes. Give him a couple of years to see what he can do. Afterall, this has been our best draft in the past few years. I'm also certain that he will learn to work FA in our favor as well. Give the guy a fair chance.
Anyone that is associated with Wannstedt needs to be removed from this organization, see the Chicago Bears.:confused:

hal20001963 said:

doom and gloom.

patswho? said:

thats above average.

Holy crap!!!! I knew I slept in late this morning........but I didn't know I slept through the ENTIRE season and it is the offseason already.
So guys what happened I have a ton of questions.
How did Minor do as a feature back?
How did Feeley do?
Did Wale resign?
How did the new O-line gel?
Did Wanny get fired?
Who won the Super Bowl?
Was the offense as bad as it look before the season started?
Did Boston return before the season ended?

Man, so many questions, does anyone have ALL 16 games on tape. I would love to see how the season unfoled.
Wow, I can't believe I slept for 6 months straight. :shakeno: :lol:

hal20001963 said:
Anyone that is associated with Wannstedt needs to be removed from this organization, see the Chicago Bears.:confused:
That is such utter garbage and you know it. Do you actually hate Dave so much that you would 86 EVERYONE on the staff?!?!:rolleyes: That's just plain pathetic. There are some good coaches in the fold now. Dave isn't even as bad as many would like to believe. The main problem with Dave is that he is not a disciplinarian. He has got to stop being a babysitter and start cracking the whip, period. It really doesn't pay to be a "players coach" in this league anymore because there are too many whiney millionaire punks that will walk all over that kind of coach.

patswho? said:
im not saying were not going to the playoffs. im saying in worst case scenario and if we follow that plan we are in the playoffs next year, i said nothing baout this seaosn
That's not a plan! And that's not an above average Oline- even with a new pick next year....James(yes), Mckinney?(WHy is he above average?), Carey(who isn't even beating out St. Claire), Macintosh(who no one wanted), and another random rookie?? Bro.....There's a game tomorrow...THe 1st of the season...Watch it....Let's pick up this conversation when we're out of the playoffs.....IF we're out.

Back
Top Bottom