thing that bothers me about the UM fight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

thing that bothers me about the UM fight

Mindwarp

Captain Caveman
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
now im a noles fan as most people know, so I am not a "canes homer" but I do have to defend UM.

why did it get all that press and have all the kids called "thugs" It wasn't the only fight this week on the football feild.

I bet most of you didn't even relize that there was 2 IVY LEAGUE schools fighting. yup Dartmouth and Holy Cross hade a melee on the field also.. but oh wait, you say might say "Mindwarp, there is no video of it" to which I answer. Check youtube and you find anything http://youtube.com/watch?v=aikzTT-uPLg

there is even a article about it on espn.com but you have to dig for it.. yeah it wasn't headline news like the UM one. it really bothers me because the way EVERYONE has gone out of there way to call the kids "thugs"WTF for? for fighting? you know how much adrenaline they have running through there systems. They saw one of there one get cheap shoted.

I agree some of the players went beyond what they should have (reddick, merriweather) but in the heat of the fight, you do what you do.Most of these kids come from tough neigborhoods, were you need to fight to survice, I know I grew up in carol city along side some of them.

Why did UM get so much negative pub? yes I understand what it was but **** I saw it still LAST NIGHT on sportscenter. WEDNESDAY NIGHT. I never even heard about these Ivy league schools throwing down. To me it would have been more "news" to know these "rich boy school" accutally have some fights also.

bleh.. I guess the whole "thug" thing got to me. To me it seams like they want to play a race thing without getting introuble.. its like they want to say, its cause they are black. were are the Thugs in baseball melee's?

I know we are past this but I just wanted to vent cause I came across that IVY LEAGUE store now.

cause its a fans camera, in the stands.. not tv cameras on the field.

"After winning in overtime, Holy Cross players celebrated atop the Dartmouth "D" painted on the field, and fights broke out when the teams lined up for postgame handshakes. Some players were thrown to the ground and kicked."

from the espn article.

Mindwarp said:
now im a noles fan as most people know, so I am not a "canes homer" but I do have to defend UM.

why did it get all that press and have all the kids called "thugs" It wasn't the only fight this week on the football feild.

I bet most of you didn't even relize that there was 2 IVY LEAGUE schools fighting. yup Dartmouth and Holy Cross hade a melee on the field also.. but oh wait, you say might say "Mindwarp, there is no video of it" to which I answer. Check youtube and you find anything http://youtube.com/watch?v=aikzTT-uPLg

there is even a article about it on espn.com but you have to dig for it.. yeah it wasn't headline news like the UM one. it really bothers me because the way EVERYONE has gone out of there way to call the kids "thugs"WTF for? for fighting? you know how much adrenaline they have running through there systems. They saw one of there one get cheap shoted.

I agree some of the players went beyond what they should have (reddick, merriweather) but in the heat of the fight, you do what you do.Most of these kids come from tough neigborhoods, were you need to fight to survice, I know I grew up in carol city along side some of them.

Why did UM get so much negative pub? yes I understand what it was but **** I saw it still LAST NIGHT on sportscenter. WEDNESDAY NIGHT. I never even heard about these Ivy league schools throwing down. To me it would have been more "news" to know these "rich boy school" accutally have some fights also.

bleh.. I guess the whole "thug" thing got to me. To me it seams like they want to play a race thing without getting introuble.. its like they want to say, its cause they are black. were are the Thugs in baseball melee's?

I know we are past this but I just wanted to vent cause I came across that IVY LEAGUE store now.

just another excuse to hate on the u - was a time when there wasn't a lot of opportunity to do so - just a bunch of haters getting their shots in while they can - pretty weak if you ask me - pretty sure if you looked hard enough, you could find something/someone to dis on or pick up apart with any other team in the country - personally i've never kicked another team or situation when they were down, but then i'm not a dick...

everyone points the finger at Miami..calling them "thugs" or whatever..Miami saw one of their players slammed to the ground..what are you going to do? not protect your player? thats bs..you have to defend your teammate, not matter what happens..

I agree with ya MW..the "thug" word is used only in football, basketball..you never hear the word thug in hockey or baseball where they fight...

UM gets more grief because this is the 3rd fight in 10 months. UM has a history that you are ignoring. Holy Cross, I'm sorry, doesnt have a reputation for this kind of behavior like UM does. It goes back to the 80s and for the most part it has been an image that has been embraced. Like was pointed out before Catholics vs Convicts in the 80s came from somewhere so this repuation has followed UM for decades. They arent going to be given the benefit of the doubt or any slack when we've seen this behavior from that school for decades. Whether that's fair or not I dont know, but it is what it is

Mindwarp said:

Someone ALWAYS has to play the friggin race card.
Sick of it.

I am a UM fan but I can admit that UM built this bad reputation.
It's a reputation that they have grown away from but it's life that once your labled as something that label will never be completely gone. It's not fair but the reason this is garnering so much press is because the U is an easy target.

If there was a brawl between FAMU and Bethune Cookman which are all black schools you'd see just as much press about that as the Ivy league brawl, NONE.

Neither of those scenarios generates attention but a huge school with a history of drama does generate attention. That's the reason for the travesty of this story in the media, plus last time I checked there were white guys in the melee for both sides as well. Ridiculous view.

305TillIDie said:
everyone points the finger at Miami..calling them "thugs" or whatever..Miami saw one of their players slammed to the ground..what are you going to do? not protect your player? thats bs..you have to defend your teammate, not matter what happens..

I agree with ya MW..the "thug" word is used only in football, basketball..you never hear the word thug in hockey or baseball where they fight...

I watch hockey and have been a hockey fan for a long time.
There are certain players that have been considered "thugs" by opposing players and fans going all the way back as far as I can remember.

Baseball players? You can't be serious, they are too damn wimpy to get the thug label.

Trekbiz said:
I watch hockey and have been a hockey fan for a long time.
There are certain players that have been considered "thugs" by opposing players and fans going all the way back as far as I can remember.

Baseball players? You can't be serious, they are too damn wimpy to get the thug label.
A baseball player throws a chair and hits a fan..he was NEVER called a thug...

but Ron Artest, college football players, NFL and NBA players..ALL get called thugs....

I dont understand that...

:lol:

Just watched the video, this isn't even worth discussing.
That "brawl" was a joke and nothing like the UM FIU brawl.

It looked like they were all lined up at midfield throwing brain teasers at each other and insulting each others GPA's. Didn't see much fighting going on there.

DonShula84 said:
UM gets more grief because this is the 3rd fight in 10 months. UM has a history that you are ignoring. Holy Cross, I'm sorry, doesnt have a reputation for this kind of behavior like UM does. It goes back to the 80s and for the most part it has been an image that has been embraced. Like was pointed out before Catholics vs Convicts in the 80s came from somewhere so this repuation has followed UM for decades. They arent going to be given the benefit of the doubt or any slack when we've seen this behavior from that school for decades. Whether that's fair or not I dont know, but it is what it is
We'll always get grief, just like Catholics will always get branded with destroying entire civilizations with their religious rites of passage:rolleyes: That's ok, we're still here, and we'll still be the team to hate, because we'll be the team everybody wishes they could be, we just get put down for lack of ballz:evil:

Jaydog57 said:
We'll always get grief, just like Catholics will always get branded with destroying entire civilizations with their religious rites of passage:rolleyes: That's ok, we're still here, and we'll still be the team to hate, because we'll be the team everybody wishes they could be, we just get put down for lack of ballz:evil:

:shakeno: Plenty of teams have no interest in being the U, get over yourselves already. What your religious bashing has to do with this, beyond just being stupid, I dont know.

DonShula84 said:

:yeahthat: Miami football has made their bed, now they gotta lay in it. The school has done little to nothing to change this image. Now they suffer.

305TillIDie said:
A baseball player throws a chair and hits a fan..he was NEVER called a thug...

but Ron Artest, college football players, NFL and NBA players..ALL get called thugs....

I dont understand that...

because you have 1 baseball incident like that in how many years??

In the NBA you have a player choking a coach, Artest and other Pacers running into the stands beating up fans, you have Rodman kicking a camera guy, you have Antonio Davis running into the stand....the list could go on forever!!!

In college football you have FIU-Miami. Nuff said. Need more proof......VT football!!

And in the NFL look at the off the field problems those guys get in trouble with. Chris Henry. Randy McMichael. Jeese the entire Cincy Bengals. Michael Vick (Ron Mexico)...etc, these guys are "thugs" in their actions!!

Back
Top Bottom