Things Will Get Better | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things Will Get Better

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let's go back a few years in time.... In a playoff game, the Miami Dolphins lose to the young, upstart Jacksonville Jaguars 62-7. Jimmy Johnson, our savior, would soon resign in utter embarrassment and Danny Legend Marino, the reason many of us became Dolfans, is later forced into retirement by Dave Wannstedt. The worst season ending and offseason in the history of the Miami Dolphins.

With little expectations and many stunned fans, who now feel completely lost without Marino, Wanny guides the Dolphins on an 11-5 journey into the second round of the playoffs after taking some guy named Lamar off the scrapheap and turns him into a legitimate 1000+ yard rusher and a playoff (Colts game) hero. He puts together one of the better O-lines we've had in years and improves a young defense. Many people consider him for Coach of the Year honors.

May, 2004 - Panic in DolphinLand. A Public Relations nightmare - certainly the worst offseason this proud organization has ever experienced and everyone goes beserk after 2 playoff-less seasons.

Things will get better. Wanny needs an effective running game, and a reasonable passing attack to get us into the playoffs. Rick went after great run blockers to move piles for Ricky and I believe we'll be a better running team this year. The passing game is never easy in the NFL, but we are better this year than in past years. There's work to do , but I'm warming up to the idea that our new OC, Forester, is an excellent receivers coach and has been an integral part of productive, balanced offenses. In addition, our assistant coaches are the best in the NFL.

Although I am optimistic, I have been critical in the past. I'm not apologizing for being tough on the Dolphins organization. This team is the best in all of sports because of our overall winning record, the excellence of Shula and Marino, and the 1972 perfect season team, the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL. We deserve the best. Any coach who coaches here should feel like this is the best job in the NFL. We should not settle for mediocrity, but instead demand results. We must be reasonable and patient though. Something I'm not very good at, frankly. I think, as Dolfans, we must be critical and demanding, but not unreasonable. Many people take shots at Fiedler, for instance, that are unwarranted and unfair. We can be more credible and have a bigger impact if we are fair, reasonable, and accurate with our comments. Things will get better, because we are fans of the best organization in sports.

FinFan57 said:
Let's go back a few years in time.... In a playoff game, the Miami Dolphins lose to the young, upstart Jacksonville Jaguars 62-7. Jimmy Johnson, our savior, would soon resign in utter embarrassment and Danny Legend Marino, the reason many of us became Dolfans, is later forced into retirement by Dave Wannstedt. The worst season ending and offseason in the history of the Miami Dolphins.

With little expectations and many stunned fans, who now feel completely lost without Marino, Wanny guides the Dolphins on an 11-5 journey into the second round of the playoffs after taking some guy named Lamar off the scrapheap and turns him into a legitimate 1000+ yard rusher and a playoff (Colts game) hero. He puts together one of the better O-lines we've had in years and improves a young defense. Many people consider him for Coach of the Year honors.

May, 2004 - Panic in DolphinLand. A Public Relations nightmare - certainly the worst offseason this proud organization has ever experienced and everyone goes beserk after 2 playoff-less seasons.

Things will get better. Wanny needs an effective running game, and a reasonable passing attack to get us into the playoffs. Rick went after great run blockers to move piles for Ricky and I believe we'll be a better running team this year. The passing game is never easy in the NFL, but we are better this year than in past years. There's work to do , but I'm warming up to the idea that our new OC, Forester, is an excellent receivers coach and has been an integral part of productive, balanced offenses. In addition, our assistant coaches are the best in the NFL.

Although I am optimistic, I have been critical in the past. I'm not apologizing for being tough on the Dolphins organization. This team is the best in all of sports because of our overall winning record, the excellence of Shula and Marino, and the 1972 perfect season team, the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL. We deserve the best. Any coach who coaches here should feel like this is the best job in the NFL. We should not settle for mediocrity, but instead demand results. We must be reasonable and patient though. Something I'm not very good at, frankly. I think, as Dolfans, we must be critical and demanding, but not unreasonable. Many people take shots at Fiedler, for instance, that are unwarranted and unfair. We can be more credible and have a bigger impact if we are fair, reasonable, and accurate with our comments. Things will get better, because we are fans of the best organization in sports.

:eek: Can a brother get a moment? :cry:

Post of the Year honors? :cooldude:

FinFan57 said:
We must be reasonable and patient though. Something I'm not very good at, frankly. I think, as Dolfans, we must be critical and demanding, but not unreasonable. Many people take shots at Fiedler, for instance, that are unwarranted and unfair. We can be more credible and have a bigger impact if we are fair, reasonable, and accurate with our comments. Things will get better, because we are fans of the best organization in sports.

damn straight...this is our team

Man .. I could not have put it any better than that. Bless you FinFan ,,, you are a scholar and a gentlemen

it's wishful thinking, but I'll gladly take it over some of the negative, unsubstantiated garbage that some people spew on this board!!!

clear.gif

I agree that it was a good post.Things have been very negative around here the whole off-season.It seems like so long ago that we got killed in that game and yes, Wanny was the coach the next year when we actually did better in the playoffs.I don't think he's been the best coach but he doesn't deserves all the blame either. I'm hoping for a good season this year.

Ozzy rules!!

As a Pats fan...yes I can truely say that it can only get better. Hang in there....I did for longer than I like to say. Good Luck!

FinFan57 said:

Excellent Post.... one that will have a place of honor in Flipper's Finest!

FinFan57 said:

I agree completely with your post, but your post is also the exact reason why we are so hated by media and opposing fans.....we are arrogant because we have reason to be. And trust me...Dolphins Fans are an arrogant bunch.

Great post!!! Love to see positive thinking.. i was starting to this i was the only optimistic one here!!

:missmeth:

Back
Top Bottom