Things will work out for the best this way... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things will work out for the best this way...

Phin-Phan 66

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
This situation may be better than hiring Harbaugh in the long run.
Think 2012 and beyond. Don't be short sighted.
If we would have hired JH, we would have retained Jeff Ireland as our GM.
What we need is an organizational enema, not a band aid.

Now, although we have to suffer through one more year of BS with TS, next year we get a clean slate. A full make-over. New GM, new coach, new scouts, the works. Word is Bill Cowher wants to wait until 2012 anyway. Now we can target Cowher and his entire team to take over in 2012.

As far as our owner Mr. Ross, he may have bungled the process, but he was swinging for the fences and I admire that. Sure he misssed, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. I would rather have an owner that tries and fails than one who doesn't try at all.

Tomorrow they will hold a press conference and say we consulted some individuals that we trust about the direction of this team and came to the conclusion that Tony Sparano is the best man for the job blah blah blah.
They will thank Dan Henning for his service and say we are actively pursuing a new OC blah blah blah.
And they won't take questions from the media.

It stings a bit now but in 2012 things will start to look up for this team.

If we start playing for TDs and wins, then I'll start liking Sparano again. I don't mind him fist pumping, but when he does it for FGs and in losses, it makes him unpopular.

so we are going to rebuild....again? all this does is push the process back another year? its hard not to be short sighted as the NFL is a short sighted "What have you done for me lately" league. Im crushed with everyhing that has happened, not as much with harbaugh's decision, but the way Ross went about it making Tony look like a complete idiot, only to have him return. what do the players think of this and how do they view tony? I hope tony gets his team back, we bring in the right OC, and have a solid draft, FA period. im tired of mediocrity

Were all tired of mediocrity. Ross is too - that's why he went out there with guns blazing trying to get us a coach.

I can handle another rebuild if it looks promising. More Tony and Jeff does not.

Cowher in 2012!!

I have always liked Tony, but he is not a head coach. Plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom