think what is our defense missing (INTs) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

think what is our defense missing (INTs)

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
one guy will change this, Alphonso Smith, he is a real playmaker. an INT machine, a bit undersized but he is a great corner

Nope. Patrick Robinson from Florida State. Best Corner in college Football that no one knows about. This is exactly who I want for our team and I really hope he declares from FSU after the season. And this is coming from a HUGE Canes fan!

PR is from Miami, went to Gulliver Prep (the school Sean Taylor (R.I.P.) attended) and had 6 picks while only starting 5 out of 12 games last year. He's 5'11, 182 lbs and ran a 4.25 40 in the spring for FSU. Cromartie-type play-making ability and lockdown potential on the boundary.

Let's get him!

the one thing we're learning so far this season is that CB and Safety is becoming top priorities... our WRs are looking better and better, we still need another rookie there, our OLBs are playing very good, we'll need to add depth obviously, but in the defensive backfield, there's nothing special. We have a tackling machine (Bell) and a good corner (allen), that's it. I'm definitely starting to change my mind (i wanted crabtree)

I'll pass. Especially considering we would need to take him in the first. P-Rob could be had in the 2nd and I want a pass rusher in the first, BAD! :up:
P-Rob is an excellent prospect, unfortunately, no way do I see him making it to our 2nd round pick. As for OLB, I'm liking what Roth has brought to the table as well as Porter, unfortunately, Porter is gettign up there in age so we do have to look at some options in the draft for OLB. Same can be said for NT with Fergy gettin old, and I'm not sold on Solai. However I'm really hoping for a MLB in the 1st. Crowder is good, and Akin is good too, but Akin is getting old. We really need a Playmaker at MLB, Crowder is solid, but not a playmaker. I liked what I seen out of both Moses and Torbor so we will have to wait and see.

This secondary lacks ballhawks. Will Allen is a nice cover corner, but most great defenses have guys that can not only cover, but snatch that ball away for an INT. Definately need to grab a CB or two in this 2009 Draft.

This secondary lacks ballhawks. Will Allen is a nice cover corner, but most great defenses have guys that can not only cover, but snatch that ball away for an INT. Definately need to grab a CB or two in this 2009 Draft.

Yup, would prefer Asomugha and CB in the draft though :up:

P-Rob is an excellent prospect, unfortunately, no way do I see him making it to our 2nd round pick. As for OLB, I'm liking what Roth has brought to the table as well as Porter, unfortunately, Porter is gettign up there in age so we do have to look at some options in the draft for OLB. Same can be said for NT with Fergy gettin old, and I'm not sold on Solai. However I'm really hoping for a MLB in the 1st. Crowder is good, and Akin is good too, but Akin is getting old. We really need a Playmaker at MLB, Crowder is solid, but not a playmaker. I liked what I seen out of both Moses and Torbor so we will have to wait and see.

I didn't know they (Moses and Torbor) showed anything? Did I miss something?

I didn't know they (Moses and Torbor) showed anything? Did I miss something?
Going by pre-season only. It might only be pre-season, but they showed that they do have some talent. To be honest, I was kind of hoping for Torbor to be starting, but then we got Ayodele, so I really didn't mind, but Torbor looked solid during preseason and while with the Giants.

i don't think Asomugha would help us getting INTs. it seems as though teams are simply afraid to throw at him. that doesn't mean i wouldn't want him though
I don't mind that at all. They're going to have to throw it his way eventually, and when they do, they will regret it. Him, Will Allen, and a nice Rookie to groom will be an outstanding secondary.

Back
Top Bottom