This makes it WEIRDER!!! Check it Out: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This makes it WEIRDER!!! Check it Out:

Harrison37 said:
Something tells me after this chain of events, you wouldnt get much trade value for Ricky Williams. I would give up a 7th or 6th round pick MAX for him, just to take a chance that he wont retire, but after this, no team will give up anything half way decent for a guy who got up and left his franchise 1 week before training camp started. This of course is all under speculation that he will return, which it doesnt sound like he will.
Can they trade him if he retires? Do the Dolphins retain any rights? Once he submits his paperwork to the league his contract is null and void. There might be some protection built into the contracts to prevent players from retiring only to sign with another team, but I think at best there is a period of inelegibility. He would have to sit out a season or something like that, which from the sounds of it, he is more than happy to do.

In hearing that he had been thinking about it for awhile now, might explain the sometimes complacent, uninterested way he played the game last year.

CharlestonPhan said:
i think he is off his perscription medication and back on his self prescribed (and illegal, not to mention banned by the league) street corner medication... his mental/social problems are well documented... this is a cry for help, much as his interviews under a helmet were a few years back in N.O. also, his running off to australia and shaving his head to be anonymous in a country where no one has ever heard of him this past offseason were indicative of a relapse of his anxiety issues. having a family member with similar issues and seeing firsthand the downward spiral a person thus afflicted can go on is saddening. but being human, and flawed, and a Dolphin fan, this is still infuriating to me.
That's a very good reply, can't say this has crossed my mind yet.

Another side note, anyone look at the photo gallery of Ricky on The Herald? Look at Pic 19 when he is standing with a trainer back in June. Errrr, he has a full beard and his hair is starting to grow back. He looks kinda like Joe Greene, or some naturistic tree hugger...like the people that go on those "odd" soul searching binges. In short, he looks nothing like the RW people know.

Back
Top Bottom