This might cheer up Dolphin fans up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This might cheer up Dolphin fans up

Driven

Bling...Bling
Reaction score
This might cheer up Dolphin fans

It's not a devastating loss but it is still a big loss for the Pats. For what it's worth.

Bailey out for season
DL goes on IR after heel surgery

FOXBOROUGH -- Rodney Bailey's first season as a Patriot is over before it began.

The Patriots announced that the 24-year-old defensive lineman underwent surgery yesterday to repair a torn Achilles' tendon and was placed on injured reserve, ending his season. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Bailey had not practiced since Friday, though it was unclear exactly how he suffered the injury. Coach Bill Belichick was not available for comment last night.

The Patriots signed Bailey as a restricted free agent from Pittsburgh March 11. The Steelers had given him the lowest tender (worth $628,000), and when they declined to match New England's one-year, $1.3 million offer sheet, the Patriots got another young defensive lineman to add to their stable in exchange for a sixth-round pick, the round in which Bailey was drafted out of Ohio State in 2001.

Bailey, 6 feet 3 inches and 305 pounds, was expected to be a key member of New England's defensive line rotation that includes fellow 25-and-under ends Jarvis Green, Marquise Hill, Richard Seymour, and Ty Warren. Bailey came to the Patriots with experience in the 3-4 set. He played in every game (52, including postseason), starting one, in his three seasons with the Steelers, collecting 40 tackles and 9 1/2 sacks. He had three quarterback pressures in Pittsburgh's season-opening loss at Gillette Stadium two years ago. That year he had 5 1/2 sacks.

Bailey represented the first restricted free agent acquired by the Patriots in five attempts under Belichick. New England signed offensive tackle Spencer Folau (Baltimore) in 2000, running back Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala (Pittsburgh) in 2001, linebacker Mike Maslowski (Kansas City) in 2002, and defensive tackle Cedric Woodard (Seattle) last year, but each time the player's old team matched.

The developments of the past few days figure to affect negotiations between the team and Bailey's agent, Neil Cornrich, over a long-term contract.

"This is the first injury Rodney has sustained since high school," Cornrich said. "Fortunately, it's coming at time in the season where he'll have a full year to recover. He's very much looking forward to contributing to the Patriots. Rodney totally loved his experience with the Patriots to date and he's excited about being on a team where the focus is winning. Hopefully, the Patriots will feel that he can be a part of their team next year."

Meanwhile, there was a positive development along the Patriots' defensive front: With Bailey down and now out, Green returned to practice yesterday. He had been out with an injury to his right foot brought on by "doing too much," he said.

Yesterday Green did everything the other linemen did and, in his estimation, did them well.

"I feel winded but I feel good," Green said following the afternoon workout.

It was Green's first full-contact work since the Super Bowl. He said he still needs to get back his timing and endurance.

"I need to get to where I can make it through and it still feels like the first play," he said. "I'm ready to go."

But Bailey is gone until at least next year.

well i´m a dolphin thats true, but i would never ever cheer about an injury from a player from another team

It doesn't make me feel good that the pats lost a back-up defensive lineman.

Call me when Brady breaks a nail. :lol:

Driven said:
It's not a devastating loss but it is still a big loss for the Pats. For what it's worth.

Bailey out for season
DL goes on IR after heel surgery

FOXBOROUGH -- Rodney Bailey's first season as a Patriot is over before it began.

The Patriots announced that the 24-year-old defensive lineman underwent surgery yesterday to repair a torn Achilles' tendon and was placed on injured reserve, ending his season. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Bailey had not practiced since Friday, though it was unclear exactly how he suffered the injury. Coach Bill Belichick was not available for comment last night.

The Patriots signed Bailey as a restricted free agent from Pittsburgh March 11. The Steelers had given him the lowest tender (worth $628,000), and when they declined to match New England's one-year, $1.3 million offer sheet, the Patriots got another young defensive lineman to add to their stable in exchange for a sixth-round pick, the round in which Bailey was drafted out of Ohio State in 2001.

Bailey, 6 feet 3 inches and 305 pounds, was expected to be a key member of New England's defensive line rotation that includes fellow 25-and-under ends Jarvis Green, Marquise Hill, Richard Seymour, and Ty Warren. Bailey came to the Patriots with experience in the 3-4 set. He played in every game (52, including postseason), starting one, in his three seasons with the Steelers, collecting 40 tackles and 9 1/2 sacks. He had three quarterback pressures in Pittsburgh's season-opening loss at Gillette Stadium two years ago. That year he had 5 1/2 sacks.

Bailey represented the first restricted free agent acquired by the Patriots in five attempts under Belichick. New England signed offensive tackle Spencer Folau (Baltimore) in 2000, running back Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala (Pittsburgh) in 2001, linebacker Mike Maslowski (Kansas City) in 2002, and defensive tackle Cedric Woodard (Seattle) last year, but each time the player's old team matched.

The developments of the past few days figure to affect negotiations between the team and Bailey's agent, Neil Cornrich, over a long-term contract.

"This is the first injury Rodney has sustained since high school," Cornrich said. "Fortunately, it's coming at time in the season where he'll have a full year to recover. He's very much looking forward to contributing to the Patriots. Rodney totally loved his experience with the Patriots to date and he's excited about being on a team where the focus is winning. Hopefully, the Patriots will feel that he can be a part of their team next year."

Meanwhile, there was a positive development along the Patriots' defensive front: With Bailey down and now out, Green returned to practice yesterday. He had been out with an injury to his right foot brought on by "doing too much," he said.

Yesterday Green did everything the other linemen did and, in his estimation, did them well.

"I feel winded but I feel good," Green said following the afternoon workout.

It was Green's first full-contact work since the Super Bowl. He said he still needs to get back his timing and endurance.

"I need to get to where I can make it through and it still feels like the first play," he said. "I'm ready to go."

But Bailey is gone until at least next year.
Bad karma to celebrate the injuries of our rivals.................

Like we could give a flying f*ck?

An injury to anyone is bad news. I don't celebrate another man's injury.

It's not the fact he is hurt it's that he's not able to play!
Hey, I look at it this way, don't you think there all happy Ricky is gone? Same thing as if he got injured! I say screw them all, I'll take a win any way I can! It's still a W no matter how you get it!

The Pats had several injuries last year but they had enough depth to overcome them.I remind you of the home loss to the Pats where they had at least 3 starters injured for the game.They didnt miss a beat.

An injury to our team at certain positions could be devastating.Think about it.On the OL if Smith,James,McKinney go down do you feel comfortable with the backups.If CC or DB are injured do we have adequate replacements ?

WTF are we celebrating here?? An injury to a Pats player? IIRC, didn't the Pats at one point last year have 7 starters injured...and they still overcame it to win the super bowl!

This is nothing to get excited about. :rolleyes:

only good news is

that so many people here would rather our best play thier best. And it is at that point that I want to win. Look at it this way, I would rather our team beat their team, not have their team all get involved in a bus wreck or plane accident, and then have us win by default.

It is about HONOR, and being as how we always wind up as underdogs, that is what I take pride in, taking the worst and still coming back, showing character.

Driven said:
The Patriots signed Bailey as a restricted free agent from Pittsburgh March 11. The Steelers had given him the lowest tender (worth $628,000), and when they declined to match New England's one-year, $1.3 million offer sheet, the Patriots got another young defensive lineman to add to their stable in exchange for a sixth-round pick, the round in which Bailey was drafted out of Ohio State in 2001. ...

"This is the first injury Rodney has sustained since high school," Cornrich said. "

This is what drew my attention. He didn't sign a long term contract. I suppose now the Patriots will do right by him because Rodney was so honorable and did the right thing. :rolleyes:

I truly hope he makes it back.

I thought the Colvn and Woody injury last year was big. Didn't matter to BB obviously.

Seems pretty lame to cheer for people getting injured. Show a little human decency.

Back
Top Bottom