This Site? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Site?

Phinz-mania might not have as many people as this place, but that's about it. This site might have more users, but with that comes many worthless posts that get annoying over time. Over at phinz-mania you actucally get to know the people. What's better on here probably is that the news drops first here, but that's just because Nublar is great at posting news.

dolphinsfan69 said:
Phinz-mania might not have as many people as this place, but that's about it. This site might have more users, but with that comes many worthless posts that get annoying over time. Over at phinz-mania you actucally get to know the people. What's better on here probably is that the news drops first here, but that's just because Nublar is great at posting news.
Sad thing is, it has been hard to drop news lately because it is really slow right now. Not many articles lately. Hopefully we get something tonight.

The reason that site is filtered is because some of their members were spamming (both on the boards and via PM). Our members complained. So we acted. That's about it.

Everyone has a preference. And that's fine. We're all different. We just try and do our best.

To everyone who loves this site, we thank you. That right there makes it all worthwhile. :)

I've been on this site since December. For over a year before that, I was madly searching for a place like this -- I'm consumed by the Dolphins but nobody I really knew cared. Now, everything is Dolphins. I love it!!!!!!!!

dolphinsfan69 said:

Ive gotten to know many PhinFans here.. I dont know, I just like the flavor over here better.. there is a bigger mix of people.. At Phinz-Mania, it seems like everyone is a bit darker and more cynical, which is fine, but not when its the overwhelming majority.. Finheaven has a good mix of SunShiners and Darksiders and everythign in between.

Finheaven is awesome! I love it, i thought i was the BIGGEST dolphin fan in the world until i found this website. I don't understand why people complain about the filters either. Is curisng/personal attacks really needed on a sports forum? why not just handle it in a civilized, but heated debate. thats how i like to do it.

DiepatriotsDie said:
I love this site. My amount of posts in no way reflect the amazing amount of time I spend on this site. If I was more talkative I'd be in the thousands.

i hear ya buddy. number of posts shouldn't determine how respected someone is on this site. date of joining the site maybe, but not posts. i love this site and everything that comes with it.

I think the thing that makes this site the best IMO is that not only are most if not all of the people on here extremely knowledgable about football and the NFL in general. Very bright when it comes to not only the game but the business within the game, but this more than any other site i've been to, has realistic fans. We express our concern or disappointment in a constructive way AND make suggestions or provide facts to back up our arguments... We praise our team when we agree with certain moves... and all the while we support the HE Double Hockey Sticks out of them.. but realizing the truth about each sitution whether we like it or not. Other fans on other sites i've been to, live in a dream world where every player they have is Dan Marino, Jerry Rice, or Walter Payton. Or is just the opposite. Thier team sucks, their front office sucks, their coach sucks, and every move they make is the worst possible. These fans NEVER has an suggestion to how they'd have done it better. Sure, we have our share, but the majority on here are knowledgable and honest about football and our team.

Muck said:
The reason that site is filtered is because some of their members were spamming (both on the boards and via PM). Our members complained. So we acted. That's about it.

Everyone has a preference. And that's fine. We're all different. We just try and do our best.

To everyone who loves this site, we thank you. That right there makes it all worthwhile. :)

I herd from one of their mods, who is a good friend, that their site was hacked a couple of times, but that has since been fixed. Anyway there are some good posters over there. I don't interact with them all year, but I read a lot.

I love this site, for the news, and there are some real good reads here. Of course I really come here every day so I won't miss the next get together. I need to win some more STUFF. Of course my home at the DolfanTalk board comes to mind, there are some posters over there that have been around these blocks for quite some time. But we all should give up some props to Curt's site (Phins.com). His site is one of the first Dolphins Fans Website on the net. If not the first it surely is the first good one. Dave's, and The Forum are smaller but also good.....
I could mention 10 more good ones because I am a Dolphins Junkie.

Ozzy said:
I herd from one of their mods, who is a good friend, that their site was hacked a couple of times, but that has since been fixed. Anyway there are some good posters over there. I don't interact with them all year, but I read a lot.

I love this site, for the news, and there are some real good reads here. Of course I really come here every day so I won't miss the next get together. I need to win some more STUFF. Of course my home at the DolfanTalk board comes to mind, there are some posters over there that have been around these blocks for quite some time. But we all should give up some props to Curt's site (Phins.com). His site is one of the first Dolphins Fans Website on the net. If not the first it surely is the first good one. Dave's, and The Forum are smaller but also good.....
I could mention 10 more good ones because I am a Dolphins Junkie.

I just wish Curt hadn't found it necessary to shut down registration to his board. I understand why, but it's a shame.

This site has some good stuff on it. Probably the best Dolphin site. Phins.com would be better if there were a few more postings. Sometimes it's just dead.

But, this site has a lot of flaws - especially the ridiculous rumors that get thrown out - most of them misunderstood, that then result in a sky is falling mentality about every rumor from someone else's board or PFT (Perfectly Fallacious Thoughts). People freak out way too much on this board.

I've been on a fair few other boards but no-one really knows what they are talking about most of the time and the news is very slow. Over here the news comes very quick and people are educated at least about what they are talking about. I live in Aus and your newspaper morning articles come out here at 6:30 PM and all I have to do is log on abou 20 to 7 and there is already a 2 page discussion on a Herald article.

Is this the biggest fan board about football? And if not, which is? (fan board, not the common boards).

Muck said:
The reason that site is filtered is because some of their members were spamming (both on the boards and via PM).

Hmmmm, censoring a website name because of what people do? While that is one action to take, just not sure its the best. :roflmao: :D

Seems like censoring the Pope because of that catholics do. lol

Back
Top Bottom