This Week's AP Poll | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Week's AP Poll

Motion said:
I know this is all hindsight, but that USC blowout over Arkansas would never happen at this point in the season. Arkansas' key player was injured and didn't play in that game. I'd love to see them play now.

:yes: I just mentioned that in another post. McFadden wans't there, but also that team has grown and developed as the season has gone on. Actually, an Arkansas/USC bowl game would be pretty nice.

just got done talking on a Trojan board, they claim that the win against Nebraska gives them somewhat of an edge, lol Nebraska = weak, they will get destroyed by Texas or Oklahoma in teh Big 12 Title Game.

AirFishOne said:
just got done talking on a Trojan board, they claim that the win against Nebraska gives them somewhat of an edge, lol Nebraska = weak, they will get destroyed by Texas or Oklahoma in teh Big 12 Title Game.

That would be TEXAS :lol: , and if that were the case I'd like to see what they would be saying if Texas hadn't lost to Kansas State last week, because Texas would only be a 1-loss team (and the loss was to OHIO State, not OREGON State), and THEY beat Nebraska too, so I wonder what their excuse would be then.

ChambersWI said:
Part is because you guys beat Western Kentucky (not fair), the other part being is some people think USC has played better than Florida last couple of weeks (can't disagree there, but a win is a win)

Actually it was Western Carolina :tongue:

Regardless, Florida's schedule is much tougher than USC's. I'll be the first to admit that Florida hasn't been the most consistent team lately but I still think they would easily beat USC.

AirFishOne said:

:rolleyes2 Nebraska!?!?

Try playing @Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, @Auburn, and Georgia and see how things turn out. I know not all of them are on top of there game lately but I'd bet the farm that USC would lose 2-3 in that stretch.

But its all pointless to make a big deal about it now. Let it be sorted out on the field and 2 weeks from now we'll know where everyone stands(hopefully).

Motion said:
:rolleyes2 Nebraska!?!?

Try playing @Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, @Auburn, and Georgia and see how things turn out. I know not all of them are on top of there game lately but I'd bet the farm that USC would lose 2-3 in that stretch.

But its all pointless to make a big deal about it now. Let it be sorted out on the field and 2 weeks from now we'll know where everyone stands(hopefully).
IMO, part of the deal with USC passing UF is sort of a self-fulfilling prophesy for the writers. Every media member has been talking about USC playing for the NC if they win out. So, a win against an actual ranked team has all of these guys believing they're so smart and vote accordingly.
I'm still not sold on UF, but if USC wins out, there's no chance that UF gets in with the current mood of the media and the recent tight games for UF.
</IMG>

From the LA Times, interesting mess/thought. Guess my previous post maybe wrong :lol:

Anyone remember the Associated Press? Although the AP poll is no longer part of the BCS formula, it has been crowning national champions since 1936 and has no plans on stopping now. That leaves open the possibility of a split champion this year. Example: What if USC is No. 2 in the AP poll but No. 1 Ohio State and No. 3 Michigan play a rematch in the BCS title game.

USC was third in Sunday's AP poll, trailing No. 2 Michigan by only nine points.

If USC wins the Rose Bowl, and Michigan pulls off the Ohio State upset, USC might claim the AP title. Sound like a familiar title path for the Trojans?

wisconsin should be ranked higher. i feel bad for them, they really have no shot at a BCS game it seems...their only loss was a close one to michigan. oh well...

DonShula84 said:
So glad the AP is a completely worthless and meaningless poll.
Problem is that the coaches poll is even worse. I respect the coaches opinions, but not unless they actually watch the teams they're voting on. It's preposterous that people with a conflict of interest and who couldn't possibly watch the teams they're voting on could have such an impactful role in determining the NC.

AirFishOne said:
Its called media love. Florida deserves that number 3 spot, they dominated a team they were sopposed to, when USC plays someone liek that, the cupcake hangs with them into the second half. Dont worry Gator, win out and it will take care of itself.

tOSU vs SEC Champion Florida would be great to watch

not sure, the BCS likes to rap the SEC. Remember Auburn???

UF Fin Kat said:
wisconsin should be ranked higher. i feel bad for them, they really have no shot at a BCS game it seems...their only loss was a close one to michigan. oh well...

Can a conference have two at large births, and 3 BCS bids total? I thought I heard on tv a few days ago that wasnt possible screwing Wisconsin. I could be completely wrong about this, just thought I heard it for some reason.

finswin56 said:
Problem is that the coaches poll is even worse. I respect the coaches opinions, but not unless they actually watch the teams they're voting on. It's preposterous that people with a conflict of interest and who couldn't possibly watch the teams they're voting on could have such an impactful role in determining the NC.

Kind of funny you brought this up. Forget the coaches poll, I was reading an article on ESPN the other day about how a voter had just been removed from the AP Poll because he put A&M higher than Oklahoma in the poll because he thought they beat OU the other week, when in fact OU had beaten them! :lol: His excuse was that he "normally watches the games" but was at the Alabama/Auburn game and so he couldn't, and couldn't find the scores in the paper.

When these rankings are causing so much steam, it's kind of crazy that some voters don't even watch these games, nor even bother to find out the actual score.

Back
Top Bottom