this worries me a little... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this worries me a little...

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
I know its just now the start of the season but i was looking over our roster and we are going to have a ton of free agents next year, i counted 15 and there is probably a lot more, we need to spend some of our cap money this year and lock a few guys up for a few more years here they are: sage,morris,minor,evans,boston,gilmore,mcmike,mckinney,mcdougle,ephraiam,
traylor,glenn,bell,schulters,jones. the list gets longer after 06' we dont have a lot of guys locked up long term should that worrie me?

I would like to get, morris,evans,boston,mcmike,glenn,bell, and schulters extended, and welker is only signed through 2006 can we give him a contract through like 2015 i want him to always be a fin.

nolefin said:
I know its just now the start of the season but i was looking over our roster and we are going to have a ton of free agents next year, i counted 15 and there is probably a lot more, we need to spend some of our cap money this year and lock a few guys up for a few more years here they are: sage,morris,minor,evans,boston,gilmore,mcmike,mckinney,mcdougle,ephraiam,
traylor,glenn,bell,schulters,jones. the list gets longer after 06' we dont have a lot of guys locked up long term should that worrie me?

I would like to get, morris,evans,boston,mcmike,glenn,bell, and schulters extended, and welker is only signed through 2006 can we give him a contract through like 2015 i want him to always be a fin.

we're 1-0 in 2005, and thats all that matters, the 53 guys who are here now.

Half of the reason is due to Saban intentionally signing one and two year deals this off-season with a lot of our FA's.

I think having 5-8 players per offseason to resign seems fairly typicall for an NFL team. Most teams renegotiatee a couple contracts during the season, leaving only a few key free agents. The otherr players on the list, who cares about them, very replaceable.

nolefin said:

It can be a little worrisome, but let's not worry about 2006, especially because we cannot control who we will keep. So lets just enjoy the ride that is 2005!!

Saban signed them as caretakers till the guys he will draft take their place. some may be re-signed, most won't. A lot of those guys were signed to short deals casue they needed to prove their worth. When it's over lets see what we'll pay...

nolefin said:
traylor,glenn,bell,schulters,jones
. the list gets longer after 06' we dont have a lot of guys locked up long term should that worrie me?

All those guys can be either: (1) signed for cheap/reasonable $$$ after this season; or (2) the expensive ones (ie, McMike) will sign for their FMV or move on.

I trust Saban...........he has a plan.

ScrepsMJ said:
we're 1-0 in 2005, and thats all that matters, the 53 guys who are here now.

I know what you mean, but at the same time we need to look to the future too! However, I'm still enjoying last weeks win:D

Players like Traylor and Schulters are nothing more than stopgaps. I fully expect both to be elsewhere next year and younger players like Yeremiah Bell and Manny Wright to be much more visible next year. McDougle is in the same boat, but has alreayd been replaced. Face it, these guys signed here to give eveyone else a one year audition tape for next year. Traylor may retire as he is older but who knows.

Boston and Gilmore would leave our receiving corps thin, but with the emergence of Welker as a legit threat, out top three wideouts should be set for next year.

McMichael is one we will probably have to re-sign for a big pricetag but if he continues to od what he did in he first game, it will be well worth it. McKinney and Ephraim, I assume one will be back, not sure which one though. I could see us using a draft pick to pick up another piece to the o-line. Hadnot, Carey and young center could make the right side of the line very good for years to come.

That's really like 15 guys at the end of their contract year. Most players seem to have great years when they don't have a contract in place for the next season. It's pretty motivating. But I'm sure there will be a few contract extensions done after a few more good games.

Back
Top Bottom