Thorpe runs and unofficial 4.25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thorpe runs and unofficial 4.25

This is the third person I've heard this from. First from Warchant saying it was a 4.3, then they start changing their minds saying it's a 4.28, now I hear a 4.25 from you. Something's fishy. Considering most college guys going into the pros don't run sub 4.4 forties, I doubt this is true, maybe at best 4.4. Every year I hear guy's run 4.3's out of high school and when they go to the pros and they electronically clock them at the combines they end up being 4.5+.

Evidently, he ran a 4.30 because that was what showed up on the digital screen afterward.
I understand your skepticism but I doubt that they're exagerating in Thorpe's case...he has been an ACC sprint champion each year he has competed and was named the fastest man in the ACC (in track and field...not football) his sophomore year. So I believe that a 4.3 is in his range.

caneproud117 said:
This is the third person I've heard this from. First from Warchant saying it was a 4.3, then they start changing their minds saying it's a 4.28, now I hear a 4.25 from you. Something's fishy. Considering most college guys going into the pros don't run sub 4.4 forties, I doubt this is true, maybe at best 4.4. Every year I hear guy's run 4.3's out of high school and when they go to the pros and they electronically clock them at the combines they end up being 4.5+.

Congrats! I have proof that you're too blind to believe anything. Read the article, it's an official 4.3. The 4.25 and 4.28 are unofficial. We're talking .02. It takes longer to hit the stop watch than .02

I read the article, I'll believe it when he's clocked by NFL Scouts at the combine, not an FSU clock. I believe he's fast just not as fast as indicated. There are few if any true 4.3 forty guys (Miami, FSU doesn't matter, I don't think anyone on Miami runs a true 4.3 so I'm not being bias here). They'd be running in the Olympics if they could do it consistantly.

Back
Top Bottom