Those in the know(?) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those in the know(?)

So, here's the question.

It's pick 19
Whoever our main target it. Let's say Barton/ maybe Fuaga or Fatanu are there.
We know Pitt is in need of someone like Barton/ JPJ etc.

Are you willing to trade up to guarantee landing him knowing we have 2 extra 3rds next year?

GRYPHONK is trading up lol.

Im also hoping Titans choose fashanu over Alt.

I understand we nay go elsewhere or defense.

But if we are targeting O line in this situation.

Good question. In a year when draft picks are a premium for us, I guess it depends on who else should be available at 21. However, if it was a year when we are flush with picks, then I would be looking at a more targeted draft. This year, I would go BPA in rounds 1 and 2, and go with needs in the later rounds.

any of those folks top 10 prospects in this draft (not counting QBs, of course)?

Both dline guys Murphy and Latu around 10th. Rest around 15-20.

Good news is Jayden Daniels/JJ McCarthy/Bo nix maybe even Penix all lower rated and will probably all go before our pick dropping someone good to us, plus you’ll have teams that go by need and will reach for a guy they like in position of need. 21 is a pretty good spot to guarantee someone good.

O
Good question. In a year when draft picks are a premium for us, I guess it depends on who else should be available at 21. However, if it was a year when we are flush with picks, then I would be looking at a more targeted draft. This year, I would go BPA in rounds 1 and 2, and go with needs in the later rounds.

Opposite my guy. Not many draft picks need to hit on a position need starter. Posted about Grier’s 77% hit rate in the 1st and Miami needs starters who will be cheap for the next 4 years more than ever with big contracts coming to Tua/Waddle/Holland/Philips. Bpa is a luxury or for later rounds. This year a starter at 1 and 2 are very critical to this teams future.

Unless we are going to reach, I don't think Grier even knows yet. That's why they have their board because there are so many variables in play. As Rafael mentioned before, Grier said they don't have 21 players with 1st round grades. He's counting on teams reaching so a player or two drops. My hope is no matter who we draft the guy is a legitimate 1st rounder. If we can't do that, I hope we trade back.
I didnt know Grier said that. Kind of an odd thing to say pre-draft.

It could work either way. We trade down or I could see Grier trading up to get the guy they want.

Figure at least 4 QBs will be taken before 21 and at least 3 WRs will be taken. That leaves us with 14 other position players that should be available.

I think Denver may be a trade partner if we are going up. If we are trading down, it could be anyone.

I dont see Grier trading up for an olineman. So if we do trade up, its for a pass rusher, Bowers, or a WR.

Gonna be interesting.

I think Latu, Murphy and Fautanu will be gone when we pick with Verse a probably gone there. It sees too high for JPJ now where we thought he might be one of the first IOL off there. Pitt seems to be mocked for Barton quite a bit so he might be off there too. QB's and CB seem to be the variables along with the three edge guys. If there's a run on CB's early or somebody goes crazy for a lower ranked QB, we might have a shot at a potential top 15 player being there, like one of the 'plug and play tackles, not a project T. We need to get 2 guy's who can contribute immediately.

Kiran Amegadjie

I didnt know Grier said that. Kind of an odd thing to say pre-draft.

It could work either way. We trade down or I could see Grier trading up to get the guy they want.

Figure at least 4 QBs will be taken before 21 and at least 3 WRs will be taken. That leaves us with 14 other position players that should be available.

I think Denver may be a trade partner if we are going up. If we are trading down, it could be anyone.

I dont see Grier trading up for an olineman. So if we do trade up, its for a pass rusher, Bowers, or a WR.

Gonna be interesting.

FYI: Grier didn't actually say the part where he is counting on other teams reaching, I said that. In typical Grier fashion, he was more subtle about it. However, he did say the part about us not having 1st round grades on 21 players and he thought there would be one or two players there when we picked. It means the same thing, but I don't want to mislead anyone if I can help it.

I think Latu, Murphy and Fautanu will be gone when we pick with Verse a probably gone there. It sees too high for JPJ now where we thought he might be one of the first IOL off there. Pitt seems to be mocked for Barton quite a bit so he might be off there too. QB's and CB seem to be the variables along with the three edge guys. If there's a run on CB's early or somebody goes crazy for a lower ranked QB, we might have a shot at a potential top 15 player being there, like one of the 'plug and play tackles, not a project T. We need to get 2 guy's who can contribute immediately.

Kiran Amegadjie

You’re not suggesting him at 21, are you?......he's probably going late 2nd to early 3rd

FYI: Grier didn't actually say the part where he is counting on other teams reaching, I said that. In typical Grier fashion, he was more subtle about it. However, he did say the part about us not having 1st round grades on 21 players and he thought there would be one or two players there when we picked. It means the same thing, but I don't want to mislead anyone if I can help it.
I dont think it was misleading at all.

If he is being honest about the grades, we are moving out of that spot. I dont see him leaving anything to chance.

You’re not suggesting him at 21, are you?......he's probably going late 2nd to early 3rd
No, trade down to gain a 3rd then pick him. This is only if none of Grier's 'first rounders' are available. He was quoted as saying "there's not 21 first round grades" in our opinion. Kind of a worst case option except we gain mid round players. I also think this kid might be in the mix at G immediately. Anything is better than EichenBerry. I've seen all I want of him as a starter.

This is extremely tempting in pff new mock. Trade down with Texans pick up a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 3rd next year. Would give us 4 3rds next year with our own and 2 comps we are getting.

Attachments

• IMG_8147.png
    IMG_8147.png
    130 KB · Views: 26
Who has a good track record of predicting 1st round picks in the past? Check them out.

Back
Top Bottom