Thread dedicated to the best CB on the planet. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thread dedicated to the best CB on the planet.

Crisis said:
Nate will be a Bill next year. TD will cough up the dough.

Clements is the best corner in the NFL.

Week 1 - Jimmy Smith - 4 recepts, 83 yards. (INT)
Week 2 - Joey Porter - 3 recepts, 45 yards.
Week 4 - David Givens - 4 recepts, 86 yards.
Week 5 - Santana Moss - 2 recepts, 62 yards. (FF)
Week 6 - Chris Chambers - 3 recepts, 23 yards.
Week 7 - Travis Taylor - 2 recepts, 52 yards.
Week 8 - Anquain Boldin - 4 recepts, 50 yards. (SACK)
Week 9 - Santana Moss - 6 recepts, 157 yards. (McGee was covering Moss when he broke a big score to inflate his yard total, and Clements covered McCaries for part of the game, who was 2-27.
Week 10 - David Givens - 5 recepts, 66 yards. (INT)
Week 11 - Torry Holt - 8 recepts, 90 yards. (FF, Punt return TD) - A decent game for Clements, but Bulger also had 45 attempts in the game.
Week 12 - D. Jackson - 4 recepts, 45 yards.
Week 13 - Chris Chambers - 5 recepts, 49 yards. (INT)
Week 14 - Antonio Bryant - 4 recepts, 37 yards. (INT) Most of Bryant's yardage came in garbage time, the Browns had negative offensive yards until late in the 4th quarter.
Week 15 - Chad Johnson - 2 recepts, 10 yards. (FF) Clements shuts down the league's leader in receptions (at the time) to 2 receptions for 10 yards.
Week 16 - Brandon Lloyd - 2 recepts, 25 yards. (INT)
Week 17 - Hines Ward - 2 recepts, 11 yards. (INT for TD)

Here are Champ Bailey's numbers

Week 1 - Eddie Kennison - 6 recepts, 101 yards. (INT)
Week 2 - Jimmy Smith - 3 recepts, 69 yards.
Week 3 - R. Caldwell - 3 recepts, 39 yards.
Week 4 - M. Clayton - 4 recepts, 91 yards.
Week 5 - M. Muhammed - 1 recept, 9 yards.
Week 6 - J. Porter - 3 recepts, 21 yards.
Week 7 - C. Johnson - 7 recepts, 141 yards. (INT)
Week 8 - P. Price - 2 recepts, 59 yards.
Week 9 - A. Johnson - 3 recepts, 28 yards.
Week 11 - J. Horn - 5 recepts, 81 yards. (INT)
Week 12 - J. Porter - 6 recepts, 135 yards.
Week 13 - R. Smith - 4 recepts, 76 yards.
Week 14 - C. Chambers - 5 recepts, 47 yards.
Week 15 - E. Kennison - 7 recepts, 101 yards.
Week 16 - D. Mason - 4 recepts, 65 yards.
Week 17 - M. Harrison - 5 recepts, 33 yards.

For the sake of arguement, here's Chris McAlister's.

Week 1 - Q. Morgan - 1 recept, 51 yards.
Week 2 - H. Ward - 6 recepts, 151 yards. (INT)
Week 3 - C. Johnson - 8 recepts, 99 yards.
Week 4 - J. Morton - 5 recepts, 64 yards. (Eddie Kennison injured)
Week 5 - L. Coles - 3 recepts, 25 yards.
Week 7 - E. Moulds - 6 recepts, 96 yards.
Week 8 - T. Owens - 8 recepts, 101 yards.
Week 9 - A. Bryant - 4 recepts, 43 yards.
Week 10 - S. Moss - 3 recepts, 75 yards.
Week 11 - DNP
Week 12 - D. Branch - 4 recepts, 51 yards.
Week 13 - C. Johnson - 10 recepts, 161 yards.
Week 14 - A. Toomer - 2 recepts, 53 yards.
Week 15 - M. Harrison - 5 recepts, 73 yards.
Week 16 - H. Ward - 3 recepts, 21 yards.
Week 17 - C. Chambers - 4 recepts, 146 yards.

Let's average these numbers out.

Nate Clements stats/game - 3.75 recepts against, 52.875 yards against. (including Santana Moss' inflated yards)
Champ Bailey stats/game - 4.25 recepts against, 68.5 yards against.
Chris McAlister stats/game - 4.8 recepts against, 80.7 yards against.

Add on that Nate Clements had 6 INTs, compared to Champ's 3 and McAlister's 1. Nate Clements also had more sacks and FFs than both. The guy's a playmaker. Bottom-line!

Obviously there is a margin of error in these numbers, but for the most part Nate Clements out-performed the two "top" corners in the league last year.

Still younger than Bailey and McAl too.

those are some impressive stats :eek: i gotta say that clements is the best corner in the league as of now, let's just hope he has a bad day against the fins :D

I think he might of been the best corner last year. He did have a great supporting cast but Bailey and Mcalister did 2 so there isn't much to argue about that he is one of the shut down corners in the league. If I had to make a top 5 there is a good chance he would be 1 or 2 on my list.

I think that he is probably the best CB to ever be named "Nate".

DaQuixlet said:
Your joking ... right?

This coming from the biggest Bills homer known to the human race. Look, Ty Law is a beast. I can't stand the guy. I think he is ego-centric, selfish, and an ***, but the man is a damn good CB. I'll take a healthy Ty Law over any other corner in the NFL......

I think that a CB that you need to watch out for is DeAngelo Hall. I was very impressed by how he kept up so well with TO in the Monday night game. IMO, he will be a top 5 CB in the near future.

Crisis said:
Nate will be a Bill next year. TD will cough up the dough.

Clements is the best corner in the NFL.

homer5qj-1.jpg

Ace88 said:
I think that a CB that you need to watch out for is DeAngelo Hall. I was very impressed by how he kept up so well with TO in the Monday night game. IMO, he will be a top 5 CB in the near future.

Did'nt he let up like 120 yards and 7 receptions or something like that to TO ????

Not very impressive to me ... but hey ... whatever floats your boat

Baz said:
This coming from the biggest Bills homer known to the human race. Look, Ty Law is a beast. I can't stand the guy. I think he is ego-centric, selfish, and an ***, but the man is a damn good CB. I'll take a healthy Ty Law over any other corner in the NFL......

How am I a Bills homer? Look at my previous posts ... most of which I am stating facts ... for ALL the teams - not just the Bills. In fact a lot of my posts you wouldnt even be able to know I was a Bills fan unless you knew me from years ago on this website (wich you do obviously).

I also think Ty Law is a good CB ... and I also think that he was one of the best when he was in his prime. But bro - lets be serious. He is injury-prone. He hasnt played a full season since 2002. In the past TWO YEARS, he has been injured for 10 of the Patriots 32 regular season games and not to mention the entire playoffs.

#1. He is getting older ... he has been in the league for 11 years now

#2. Now we will look at his stats. His best year was 1998 ... SEVEN SEASONS AGO. In his past 5 seasons he has had a total of 16 INT's and 3 TD's.

In the past 5 seasons Champ Bailey has had 12 INT's and 0 TD's

In the past 5 seasons Patrick Surtain has had 21 INT's (mostly from '03) and 2 TD's.

In the past 5 seasons Chris McCalister has had 10 INT's and 2 TD's.

In the past 5 seasons Nate Clements has had a total of 18 INT's and 4 TD's.

OK ... now lets look at the entire arguement --- which was who is better --- Clements or Law. Clements has been in the NFL for 4 seasons ... in EVERY SINGLE SEASON HE HAS BEEN IN THE NFL HE HAS RETURNED AT LEAST ONE INTERCEPTION FOR A TOUCHDOWN ... do you know another CB that has done that?

That being said ... you can have your opinion. But me being the "bills homer" (sarcasm aside now), I would rather take a 4 year NFL player with 18 INT's and 4 TD's over a 11 year (31 year old) NFL player with 16 INT's and 3 TD's.

That is just my 'homerish' opinion ...

BwanaZulia said:
Ty Law?

BZ

Yup.

This coming from a Pats fan.....its still true even though he's wearin the ::ugh::......green and white.

DaQuixlet said:
How am I a Bills homer? Look at my previous posts ... most of which I am stating facts ... for ALL the teams - not just the Bills. In fact a lot of my posts you wouldnt even be able to know I was a Bills fan unless you knew me from years ago on this website (wich you do obviously).

I also think Ty Law is a good CB ... and I also think that he was one of the best when he was in his prime. But bro - lets be serious. He is injury-prone. He hasnt played a full season since 2002. In the past TWO YEARS, he has been injured for 10 of the Patriots 32 regular season games and not to mention the entire playoffs.

#1. He is getting older ... he has been in the league for 11 years now

#2. Now we will look at his stats. His best year was 1998 ... SEVEN SEASONS AGO. In his past 5 seasons he has had a total of 16 INT's and 3 TD's.

In the past 5 seasons Champ Bailey has had 12 INT's and 0 TD's

In the past 5 seasons Patrick Surtain has had 21 INT's (mostly from '03) and 2 TD's.

In the past 5 seasons Chris McCalister has had 10 INT's and 2 TD's.

In the past 5 seasons Nate Clements has had a total of 18 INT's and 4 TD's.

OK ... now lets look at the entire arguement --- which was who is better --- Clements or Law. Clements has been in the NFL for 4 seasons ... in EVERY SINGLE SEASON HE HAS BEEN IN THE NFL HE HAS RETURNED AT LEAST ONE INTERCEPTION FOR A TOUCHDOWN ... do you know another CB that has done that?

That being said ... you can have your opinion. But me being the "bills homer" (sarcasm aside now), I would rather take a 4 year NFL player with 18 INT's and 4 TD's over a 11 year (31 year old) NFL player with 16 INT's and 3 TD's.

That is just my 'homerish' opinion ...

Make that 22 INTs for Surtain, he had one on Pennington last week. ;)

unifiedtheory said:

:rolleyes:

Because TD has never been to cough up money to players he feels are worth it. (Spikes, Milloy, Vincent, Adams)

Because TD is very eager to get rid of all his draft picks. (Aiken, Reed)

Nate Clements has more INTs in his first 4 years than Surtain. Clements is still younger and still improving. He also averages over 50 tackles a year, which for a shutdown corner, is very good. He plays like a LB in run support.

doesnt he want a new contract?

<--- didn't read the thread

Back
Top Bottom