Three Things on Tim Tebow to the New York Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three Things on Tim Tebow to the New York Jets

Som eof you dont get it. When the Jets went to the two title games they had one of the best running games in the NFL. Why is Sparano there. Which team had the best running game by far last year in the NFL and it was not even close. The answer is Denver becasue of TEBOW.

FRom the wildcat they will run. If you put 9 in the Box Tebow although not that accurate throwing 10 to 15 yards is deadly throwing deep. On top of that He is 95% cetrainty of scoring TDS from inside the 5 regardless of whether you know he will get the ball.

One reason JETS will be running running running next year.

To beat Tebow, you Schematically have to do what the Lions, Bears, Pats, Chiefs did last season... Simply... Find out who his fave WR is, cover him like glue, play a soft zone elsewhere and rush 4 maybe 5.

This does make the Jets better.

Consider the following

Sanchez

2011 starting record 8-8
26 TD's in 543 attempts
18 ints in 543 attempts

Tebow

2011 staring record 7-4
12 TD's in 271 attempts
6 ints in 271 attempts.

Just looking at these stats shows that in half the pass attempts Tebow had almost 1/2 the TD's of Sanchez
But with half the pass attempts he only had 1/3 of the Int's that Sanchez had.
The lower amount of turnovers result in a better starting record and those couple wins put the Jets back in the playoffs.

Sanchez gave away games last year. Tebow won't.

Ummm ... you might want to review the present Tebow gave the Bills on Xmas Eve: 4 INTs.

Som eof you dont get it. When the Jets went to the two title games they had one of the best running games in the NFL. Why is Sparano there. Which team had the best running game by far last year in the NFL and it was not even close. The answer is Denver becasue of TEBOW.

FRom the wildcat they will run. If you put 9 in the Box Tebow although not that accurate throwing 10 to 15 yards is deadly throwing deep. On top of that He is 95% cetrainty of scoring TDS from inside the 5 regardless of whether you know he will get the ball.

One reason JETS will be running running running next year.

Yeah, they're going to "be running running running next year" but I doubt that they get much out of it, with or without Tebow. Last year, the Jests had a dismal yard per attempt rushing average with LT and Shonn Green. Well, LT is gone and Shonn Green is no Willis McGahee, and it's gonna take more than 8 wins to take the AFCE.

In the modern NFL, you have to pass successfully to win games. Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sparano are trying to resurrect pre-forward pass football because they've hitched their wagons to two crappy QBs, neither one of whom is a legit NFL starter. Tebow can only be effective as a runner if teams worry about him passing. The Bills and the Pats figured out last year that forcing Tebow to pass by stopping the run works pretty well because he can't pass for ****.

Yeah, they're going to "be running running running next year" but I doubt that they get much out of it, with or without Tebow. Last year, the Jests had a dismal yard per attempt rushing average with LT and Shonn Green. Well, LT is gone and Shonn Green is no Willis McGahee, and it's gonna take more than 8 wins to take the AFCE.

In the modern NFL, you have to pass successfully to win games. Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sparano are trying to resurrect pre-forward pass football because they've hitched their wagons to two crappy QBs, neither one of whom is a legit NFL starter. Tebow can only be effective as a runner if teams worry about him passing. The Bills and the Pats figured out last year that forcing Tebow to pass by stopping the run works pretty well because he can't pass for ****.

The Bills have to be able to stop the Jets and so far they have shown they are unable to do so.You can't rush the passer unless you stop the run.......Sanchez is the starter ....bank on it.

Greene averaged 4.3 YPC which is good and considering how poorly the OL played for much of the year 4.3 was outstanding.

The Jets can pass, the problem was protecing the passer and the WRs. We still need an upgrade at RT(though the team feels Ducasse is ready) and we need another WR, this offense will be just fine as long as the OL is good.

Greene averaged 4.3 YPC which is good and considering how poorly the OL played for much of the year 4.3 was outstanding.

The Jets can pass, the problem was protecing the passer and the WRs. We still need an upgrade at RT(though the team feels Ducasse is ready) and we need another WR, this offense will be just fine as long as the OL is good.

Where do you get that the Jets feel Ducasse is ready?

And considering you are bringing back the exact same o-line this year(barring a draft pick being able to step in immediately) it is poised to be terrible again

Where do you get that the Jets feel Ducasse is ready?

And considering you are bringing back the exact same o-line this year(barring a draft pick being able to step in immediately) it is poised to be terrible again

all the rumblings have been they feel he will beat out Hunter, what that means I don't know. I haven't seen much progress from him and it scares me to think he could be our RT but I'll trust their judgemebt. Either way I expect a new RT this season.

I expect a much better OL for a couple of reasons:

1. health, remember, Mangold & Slauson played hurt most of the year(everyone plays hurt but they had serious injuries to limit them), Moore missed all of camp and was clearly not the ame guy ethe first half of the season. I can't explain Brick, maybe he was trying to compensate for Slauson? I don't know but I'll trust his track record.

2. A coach who is about protecting the QB, we're going to run it and protect the QB- that's the plan.

all the rumblings have been they feel he will beat out Hunter, what that means I don't know. I haven't seen much progress from him and it scares me to think he could be our RT but I'll trust their judgemebt. Either way I expect a new RT this season.

C'mon Junc, the only "rumblings" have been about Tebow beating out Sanchez. I haven't seen/heard anything about anybody thinking that Vlad Ducasse is even good enough to challenge Hunter.

I expect a much better OL for a couple of reasons:

1. health, remember, Mangold & Slauson played hurt most of the year(everyone plays hurt but they had serious injuries to limit them), Moore missed all of camp and was clearly not the ame guy ethe first half of the season. I can't explain Brick, maybe he was trying to compensate for Slauson? I don't know but I'll trust his track record.

2. A coach who is about protecting the QB, we're going to run it and protect the QB- that's the plan.

Well, if we're talking health, then the Bills OL will be better, too, because they'll have Wood back. So will Miami's. I'm not sure about the Pats, though, since Mankins probably won't be ready for the start of the season, and Matt Light is rumbling about retirement.

As for Sparano, doesn't he like big, massive OLs? I don't know if he has that with the Jets.

As for protecting the QB, that's pretty hard to do when the QB can't make pre-snap reads and holds the ball too long.

The plan to run to set up the pass seems shake since Greene and McKnight don't strike fear into anybody. Last year the Jets' 3.8 YPC was 29th in the league. Pretty paltry for a team that wants to be a run-first team, and might be why the Jets passed so much. Shonn Greene only had a 4.2 ypc and Joe McKnight a 3.1 ypc. Miami ran significantly better than the Jets did -- they were 15th at 4.2 YPC -- but also had much better RB in Reggie Bush who had a 5.0 ypc. A team not only needs a good run-blocking OL to run, it needs the runners to do it. I'm not seeing either on the Jets.

C'mon Junc, the only "rumblings" have been about Tebow beating out Sanchez. I haven't seen/heard anything about anybody thinking that Vlad Ducasse is even good enough to challenge Hunter.

Well, if we're talking health, then the Bills OL will be better, too, because they'll have Wood back. So will Miami's. I'm not sure about the Pats, though, since Mankins probably won't be ready for the start of the season, and Matt Light is rumbling about retirement.

As for Sparano, doesn't he like big, massive OLs? I don't know if he has that with the Jets.

As for protecting the QB, that's pretty hard to do when the QB can't make pre-snap reads and holds the ball too long.

The plan to run to set up the pass seems shake since Greene and McKnight don't strike fear into anybody. Last year the Jets' 3.8 YPC was 29th in the league. Pretty paltry for a team that wants to be a run-first team, and might be why the Jets passed so much. Shonn Greene only had a 4.2 ypc and Joe McKnight a 3.1 ypc. Miami ran significantly better than the Jets did -- they were 15th at 4.2 YPC -- but also had much better RB in Reggie Bush who had a 5.0 ypc. A team not only needs a good run-blocking OL to run, it needs the runners to do it. I'm not seeing either on the Jets.

I assure you there aren't any rumblings about tebow beating out Sanchez, the only way he is a regualr QB for us this year is if Sanchez is hurt or we are out of it by October.

I don't believe it either b/c I haven't seen anything in Ducasse yet but remember, this is his first real offseason. he was a rookie 2 years ago and the lockout robbed the offseason last year.

Healthy the Jets have a damn good OL, Wood is a nice player but he's not Mangold.

I don't know what Sparano likes to be honest.

Sanchez didn't have problems making pre-snap reads in 2010. When he had a brand new receiving corps(minus one WR) and a banged up/mediocre OL it's hard to make plays no matter what he sees in the D.

Again, Greene averaged 4.3 w/ a mediocre OL. Greene is good but we still need help there. I don't think we'll be running 60-40 or even 55/45 but it will be closer to 50/50 than it was last year. We will still pass more but I expect a much better ground game and a much better OL which will result in a much better Sanchez but we'll see.

lol Bills fans, thinking they are actually a playoff team. it reminds of.... September of last year:lol2:

lol Bills fans, thinking they are actually a playoff team. it reminds of.... September of last year:lol2:
Why can't they be playoff contenders? No one thought Denver would be in the playoffs last September. So why not Buffalo? I get the Jets had their two back to back ALMOST Super Bowl appearances, but just to count any team out because you have an ego, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And commence to spin the record...

Why can't they be playoff contenders? No one thought Denver would be in the playoffs last September. So why not Buffalo? I get the Jets had their two back to back ALMOST Super Bowl appearances, but just to count any team out because you have an ego, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And commence to spin the record...

why is every word taken so literally? are we not allowed to joke around?

I do think Buf can be playoff contenders but I don't think they will be as a good as the Jets, you are right in that you never know but unfortunately for the Bills they don't play in the AFC West where 8 wins can get you to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom