Tony Bua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Bua

Of our rookies I want to see Poole. I think he could do some pretty fantastic things.

Of our other acquisitions, I want to see Feeley. This entire season is going to depend on the play of the QB. We know what Jay brings to the table. I want to see what A.J. can do. Boston was a great pickup but without a QB that can get the ball to him he will wind up being a bigger muscle bound version of Thompson from last season.

Bua will be an impact player on ST's. Poole will play ST's and gives us depth in the secondary and both are playmakers. Carey and Feeley are the ones I want to keep an eye on because more is riding on them. I like what I see so far from are draft class and other additions this offseason. Jay played one real good game last year and miami scored 40 pts. The problem has not been play calling as much as it has been taking advanatge of the opprotunities for the big play when they come. Jay was the biggest hold up to miami scoring like they could.

Finsflurry said:
1) Yeremiah Bell - Hope he pushes Freeman for the starting FS spot.

2) Rex Hadnot - Spielman was so high on him that he traded up in the draft. With a gaping hole at RG, I see the best player winning the job (Whitley, Jerman, Pape, St Clair or Hadnot). KING REX is my darkhorse. Hes plays with such leverage and power that he set the conference record for pancake blocks in a season - Thats all I need to know to root for him.

I don't think Hadnot has a chance at all unless someone goes down with an injury, right now IMO he would not even be a backup on this squad. You gotta give him at least the learning curve we're giving Whitley (2-3 yrs), I mean there is a reason he was drafted in the 6th round, only a handful of rookie lineman are going to play their first year. I see him as a practice squad player.

A few things to keep in mind about Hadnot:

1) Hes a three year starter at Houston
2) He made all the line calls in college and is meant to be a failrly smart guy
3) Did not allow a sack in more than 400 pass attempts
4) Set team records with 160 pancake blocks and 196 knockdown blocks.
5) Wouldnt surprise me if hes our strongest linemen

He may need polish, but then again, RG is the ONE position on the Phins that is entirely up for grabs. I say the best man wins. All Im saying is dont count him out. RS didnt trade up for nothing.

Surferosa said:
A few things to keep in mind about Hadnot:

1) Hes a three year starter at Houston
2) He made all the line calls in college and is meant to be a failrly smart guy
3) Did not allow a sack in more than 400 pass attempts
4) Set team records with 160 pancake blocks and 196 knockdown blocks.
5) Wouldnt surprise me if hes our strongest linemen

He may need polish, but then again, RG is the ONE position on the Phins that is entirely up for grabs. I say the best man wins. All Im saying is dont count him out. RS didnt trade up for nothing.

His pancake record is pretty amazing. Sure it was in C-USA, but those stats are unreal. Right now he is on the 2nd team along with Pape, Whitely, Yates, and Carey(for Now). add McIntosh to the mix and we have a backup for every lineman. If anybody is the odd man out on the o-line I'd say it's St. Clair or Whitely.

ChambersWI said:
His pancake record is pretty amazing. Sure it was in C-USA, but those stats are unreal. Right now he is on the 2nd team along with Pape, Whitely, Yates, and Carey(for Now). add McIntosh to the mix and we have a backup for every lineman. If anybody is the odd man out on the o-line I'd say it's St. Clair or Whitely.

He had 19 alone in one game vs Southern Mississippi!

Surferosa said:
He had 19 alone in one game vs Southern Mississippi!
That would mean that some poor guy he matched up against most frequently probably got pancaked at least 10 times. Man, that hadda be a painful game for his family to watch. LOL
:roflmao:

P4E said:
That would mean that some poor guy he matched up against most frequently probably got pancaked at least 10 times. Man, that hadda be a painful game for his family to watch. LOL
:roflmao:
OUCH... I was thinking the same thing. OR just horrible for that guy on film day! I am sure his coach told him how bad he played!

Tim Bowens is our pancake king...at least that is the report from camp...hope he lays off them and drops about 50 lbs...lol

I am curious to see fred Russell.I think a little guy with alot of speed could be a nice change up from Ricky. If he can return punts he should have an advantage over Minor.

Surferrosa wrote,
2) Rex Hadnot - Spielman was so high on him that he traded up in the draft. With a gaping hole at RG, I see the best player winning the job (Whitley, Jerman, Pape, St Clair or Hadnot). KING REX is my darkhorse. Hes plays with such leverage and power that he set the conference record for pancake blocks in a season - Thats all I need to know to root for him.
I also find Hadnot to be one of the most intriguing young players on the Fins. The fact that Spielman was so terribly high on him makes me think he's going to open some eyes and grab some headlines. Hadnot seems to me to be the type of player who will work his butt off to be the best he can be...a player (like Zach) who surprises a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom