Tony Pape listed as..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pape listed as.....

i don't know i think for some reason ricky is going to enjoy his best season with more athletic younger lineman . ricky is the franchise we need to protect him!!!!!!

Well,is good to see that Pape will at least get a chance and people who actually saw him play have nothing but good things to say about him.I thought he'd make a better RT but maybe he'll be better at guard. Be as it may, he seems like the kind of guy that will get the job done one way or the other.Again, he reminds ne of Ron Heller when he played for us. Not the most talent but he got it done. Regarless of who starts where, I feel like we have more talent than last year and more guys with upside too.

Ozzy rules!!

ckparrothead said:
I think there are dangers to having two rookies man a whole side of the line...

Ahh, but we did just that with Webb and Sims. That didn't work out too poorly...

pilotfish said:
Ahh, but we did just that with Webb and Sims. That didn't work out too poorly...

damn you beat me to it. i couldnt remember Sims' name. when we picked pape and read online that pape will play G it made complete sense to me and thats why they pulled the trigger on him cus he fits what were going to do. pape i think will have to earn it but if he makes good first impressions and is consistant throughout preaseason, the job is his. Big physical beef. thats all you need to know. Run first run first run first. BTW, the bills are not going to be a run first team once again as they keep saying they will be. just look at who they drafted and who they didnt draft.

Ah, Yes!

To which the congregation replied: AMEN!!!!
In the back of my busy and rapidly infeebling brain was that thought as well. We have had two rookies start, but they were good players to begin with. I think we have a similar pair in Carey and Pape.

'Nuther nutty thought! Third and three or less - have TE line up outside of Carey, declare Smith an eligible receiver, and put St. Clair in at LT between Smith and James. It might only work once or twice a season, but it sure would give the D some thing to think about.

Back
Top Bottom