Tony Pauline Risers and Sliders | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline Risers and Sliders

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
I wanted to like Wilson at the start of the week, but he cannot play QB at the NFL level. He will end up playing baseball again...

I'm definitely warming to Kirk Cousins. It is interesting to me that Matt Flynn isn't (supposedly) at the top of the Dolphins wish list at qb. If that's the case then I'm thinking Joe Philibin doesn't view him as a franchise qb. If that is the case, Miami is in the hunt to draft their franchise qb. Problem there is obvious. Do the Dolphins have the ammunition to trade up for Robert Griffin III. If not, then Ryan Tannehill and Kirk Cousins are likely targets.

I think it boils down to philbin wanting his own pedigree in miami. He may very well think highly of flynn... he may think otherwise. Hard to tell. I have confidence in this coach. I can't explain why. I didn't have confidence in cam, and I liked the saban hire but mostly because it brough a little hype. I wasn't necessarily confident based on his stints prior to coming here.

i think philbin knows he can groom a guy. I like the tannehill target with the sherman connection. I wouldn't mind tannehill suiting up for us. I don't think we trade up for a qb now though either. I think philbin has a plan he is holding tight to his chest and we will all see it come to fruition over the course of the offseason and I suspect we will all let out a collective... "ahhh haaaa"....

I think it boils down to philbin wanting his own pedigree in miami. He may very well think highly of flynn... he may think otherwise. Hard to tell. I have confidence in this coach. I can't explain why. I didn't have confidence in cam, and I liked the saban hire but mostly because it brough a little hype. I wasn't necessarily confident based on his stints prior to coming here.

i think philbin knows he can groom a guy. I like the tannehill target with the sherman connection. I wouldn't mind tannehill suiting up for us. I don't think we trade up for a qb now though either. I think philbin has a plan he is holding tight to his chest and we will all see it come to fruition over the course of the offseason and I suspect we will all let out a collective... "ahhh haaaa"....
Could be. I actually really like Ryan Tannehill, especially since he could sit and develop behind Matt Moore for a year. Definitely has the tools to work with.

Cousins reminds me of John Beck, other than a bit more sudden and competitive. Backup or low level starter type, IMO.

Russell Wilson looked like he always does. Of all the post-Senior Bowl summaries, I've been most surprised at the knocks on Wilson. He can slide out of the pocket and create big plays with excellent touch. He's erratic in the pocket and occasionally misses a fairly simple throw. Nothing different than freshman year at NC State. He puts points on the board simultaneous with his form ripped while doing it.

thats my issue with wilson other than his actual height...because of that height he has to get out on the perimeters of the field to make plays...i just don't think he'll ever be a consistent stand in the pocket and deliver passer...and in this league you have to be able to play from the pocket or teams will figure out how to defend you...it's a concern i have about rg3 also...i'm a no thanks on wilson

Back
Top Bottom