Tony's Boys | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony's Boys

pags77

Scout Team
Reaction score
There have been plenty of cases made against Tony Sparano's coaching abilities, but one thing that I want to know is who on this coaching staff is he responsible for bringing in. I would assume if he was the head coach that he would have final say on all personel. If that is the case, then isn't the fact that he surrounded himself with people like Henning, Lee, and fired ST coach Bonamengo (sp?) enough proof that the guy does not have a clue? You think he would have picked a little more carefully as this was his first HC job, and every HC looks a hell of a lot better when all of the assistants arecompetent at their jobs.:d-day:

Agreed. I put this in a recent thread and it seems appropriate in this one.

I haven't read this entire thread and apologize if this comment has already been brought up. However, Ross needs to actively and publicly pursue up grading the Head Coach and GM position as the GM and HC do the same with the players. This would either upgrade the HC position (i.e. Gruden or Cowher) or it would light a fire under Ireland and Sparano to make some tuff decisions and cut the likes of Henning. We have already cleaned house on the coaching staff a few years ago and can be more selective now. The recent 2 minute drill debacle speaks volumes about what this offensive coaching staff is putting out on the field. There is no way Ross can ignore this and he has to understand what its continuation will result in. While alot of us will continue supporting the Dolphins as we always have (painfull memories) there are alot who will not and hurt his revenue as well as the other celebrety owners.

It is important for our beloved team to start winning again because without positive national exposure and good revenue flow you run the danger of becoming a real bottom dweller of an organization for a long time, think of the Lions, Browns, 49ers and Redskins. It seems as if once you get into a losing rut it is hard to get out again in today's NFL. I see less and less Dolphins merchandise out there in the tri-state area. No doubt the mediocrity and crap we have produced offensively since Marino retired is a big part of that. It makes Miami a less desirable place for players and top notch coaches to go to which sucks for us true blue fans. I pray they get this thing right offensively next year and that we become relevant again.

Back
Top Bottom