Top 10 WRs - 2022 NFL Draft (4-7) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 WRs - 2022 NFL Draft (4-7)

Some of these WR times are ridiculous today. Gotta get one in round 1

So olave 4.39 it looks like corrected. Would have made himself some money w/ the 4.26

Amazing how laser timed runs yesterday got corrected in a major way. How does a 4.26 become a 4.39. Something definitely seemed off when they ran and we were seeing times that fast. I think a lot of WR’s helped themselves yesterday, but the key is don't fall for the fools gold and take a guy because of times.
IMO does the time match the tape and productivity and why or why not?

Scheme, big numbers against weak opponents but not against strong matchups, cant get separation…. Also, some guys in college can run a few routes and just abuse people with one or two routes, and in the NFL they need to be able to run the entire route tree, can’t cut off routes early, and understand the difference between getting open (college) and being thrown open (NFL). That is where separation and not speed comes in as well as arm length and hand size.

Amazing how laser timed runs yesterday got corrected in a major way. How does a 4.26 become a 4.39. Something definitely seemed off when they ran and we were seeing times that fast. I think a lot of WR’s helped themselves yesterday, but the key is don't fall for the fools gold and take a guy because of times.

Scheme, big numbers against weak opponents but not against strong matchups, cant get separation…. Also, some guys in college can run a few routes and just abuse people with one or two routes, and in the NFL they need to be able to run the entire route tree, can’t cut off routes early, and understand the difference between getting open (college) and being thrown open (NFL). That is where separation and not speed comes in as well as arm length and hand size.
Agreed that the times are just a data point but they definitely matter. With the two guys I mentioned (official times: 4.36 for Watson and 4.47 for Pickens) that height speed combo puts so much stress on defenses it’s hard not to imagine waddle feasting with some more space. I would also be interested in seeing if a guy like Burks, who we know has great play speed, drops because of a somewhat disappointing time

I was waiting to see what Bell would run. To me he seemed slow on film and today conformed it. I wouldn't touch Bell with a 1st or 2nd.
Slower guys like Kupp/Keenan Allen are masters of 2/3 way go. They align the defender so well no matter the alignment and they murder secondary releases any direction. I don’t see that w/ bell but at that speed ur chasing something like that.

Small route trees and not technical route runners are recipe for disaster unless ur sub 4.3 fast or ur huge. Bell for me the Iowa game (his best statistical) wasn’t so impressive. Drag route and a busted cover 3 top safety on a post route made up a lot of his production. I just walked away disappointed but the physicality w/ the ball in his hands is legit.

I figured Burks would run a little faster, but it looked to me like he didn’t get a great start on his runs. The track stance is very unnatural for a lot of football players.

In my day WR’s played with their hand on the ground because everyone was running the option back then. It’s just not a relevant starting point anymore. The combine should have receivers starting from a normal stance and demonstrating a release on an actual person standing in front of ‘em to run the 40. But I digress..

Burks has always been known as A.K. Browncalf in the SEC because of his blend of A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf type skillset. I think his combine leans him closer to A.J. Brown. That’s a great player that teams are still kicking themselves for letting fall to the 2nd round.

Off the field, Burks is my kind of kid.

Overall this was one of the fastest groups of receivers the combine had ever seen. But also the lightest. A lot of 170-180 pound receivers.

It would’ve been even faster had Jameson Williams been able to run. He might’ve ran 4.2 flat last night as fast as everyone was running.

I figured Burks would run a little faster, but it looked to me like he didn’t get a great start on his runs. The track stance is very unnatural for a lot of football players.

In my day WR’s played with their hand on the ground because everyone was running the option back then. It’s just not a relevant starting point anymore. The combine should have receivers starting from a normal stance and demonstrating a release on an actual person standing in front of ‘em to run the 40. But I digress..

Burks has always been known as A.K. Browncalf in the SEC because of his blend of A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf type skillset. I think his combine leans him closer to A.J. Brown. That’s a great player that teams are still kicking themselves for letting fall to the 2nd round.

Off the field, Burks is my kind of kid.

Overall this was one of the fastest groups of receivers the combine had ever seen. But also the lightest. A lot of 170-180 pound receivers.

It would’ve been even faster had Jameson Williams been able to run. He might’ve ran 4.2 flat last night as fast as everyone was running.
Burks is so interesting bc imo u could take him as is, get no real growth and he’s got an AJ brown/Deebo skill set. If he taps into his potential he will wreck the league. I agree the time surprised me but at that size it’s still blazing. I was anticipating 4.43ish. Jameson Williams whatever he ends up being it’s gonna bother defenses. He’s more physical than John Ross and even John Ross scored 7tds on 21 touches in 2018. Williams has that type of speed no matter how we develops

Jameson Williams speed is difficult to describe in person. It’s a different level from different level speed.

If he gets a step on you in any direction - you might as well just go sit down.

Only thing about him is he’s a body catcher that drops passes that hit him right in the chest. A lot of receivers don’t like to extend their arms to make a catch in traffic in front of defenders. He’s one of ‘em.

I could not believe my eyes when I looked at NFL combine site. Makes me think something was off with measurements.

They corrected a lot of 40 times, and some were way off. .13 seconds is ridiculous.

I wonder how disappointed those kids are.

The times were off yes, but let's not forget a 4.39 is still a very good time for Olave. I'm curious to see what order Burks, London, Olave, Wilson, Williams, Watson and Dotson are selected and if all are selected in the 1st round.

The times were off yes, but let's not forget a 4.39 is still a very good time for Olave. I'm curious to see what order Burks, London, Olave, Wilson, Williams, Watson and Dotson are selected and if all are selected in the 1st round.
Yeah, but I bet if he knew his real time, he would've ran again.

Back
Top Bottom