TOP 2 Free Agents at every position of need | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TOP 2 Free Agents at every position of need

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
who are your top two free agents at each position of need, with one being the more ideal pick and one being more conservative. QB, WR, TE, OT, OG, DE, LB, CB, S K. and yes I understand that we will most likely not sign 9 free agents.

Back up QB
1. Matt Moore
2. Pat Devlin

Wide Receiver
1. Mike Wallace
2. Greg Jennings

Tight End
1. Jared Cook
2. Brandon Myers

Offensive Tackle
1. Sebastian Vollmer
2. Eric Winston

Guard
1. Andy Levitre
2. Louis Vasquez

Defensive End (although they played 3-4 OLB both were collegiate 4-3 DE)
1. Paul Kruger
2. Connor Barwin

Linebacker Depth
1. Brad Jones
2. Phillip Wheeler

CB
1. Keenan Lewis
2. Derek Cox

S
1. Dashon Goldson
2. Chris Clemons

K
1. Rob Bironas
2. Nate Kaeding

If we signed Devlin, Wallace, Myers, Winston, Vasquez, Barwin, Cox, and bringing back Clemons is a pretty solid FA. That woukd leave us with 5 of the first 90 picks for BPA and any of those needs we don't fill
I could live with Wallace 2. First rounder 3. Brian Hartline at WR Brandon Myers TE OL of Martin Incognito Pouncey Vasquez Winston and defense of Barwin, Starks, Solaia, Wake, Burnett, Dansby, Misi, Cox, Marshall, Clemons, Jones.. I doubt we sign that many FA's tho

I highly doubt they look at Hartline as a 3rd wr (especially not at 6 mil a year). If they can sign Hartline and Wallace I think it will be Wallace, Hartline, Bess, with Matthews fighting with a couple later round pick and a few of the other wrs on the roster now.

No way Devlin is the second best backup qb option in free agency

Oh sorry misread it lol

I like the optimism of this thread, but it goes without say that we are getting even half of those top guys. I would be thrilled with an off season FA class of Wallace, Winston, keenan Lewis, and sprinkle in a vet pass rusher like Osi or Abraham on the cheap. What I believe to be more critical in the coming days is the release of guys like Carpenter and Richard Marshall and rework Pattersons deal to free up another $10M

Yes, I realize we may only fill say 4/10 of the needs I have posted above. This is a hypothetical situation and I realize we will not sign that many free agents without Carpenter being cut, and a restructure by Marshall and or Patterson. I don't think we should cut either. Both are solid #2 or #3 corners, much better than SS or Carroll IMO. We just need a #1 CB who can stay with the AJ Green's and Julio's of the league

WR: Domenik Hixon - Brandon Gibson - Greg Jennings

RB: Mike Goodson - Rashad Jennings

T: Barry Richardson - Gosder Cherilus - Vollmer

DE: Wallace Gilberry - Quentin Groves (DE/OLB) - William Hayes

LB: Victor Butler (OLB/DE) - Keith Rivers

CB: Keenan Lewis - Greg Toler/Tony Carter - DJ Moore

Back
Top Bottom