Top 5 players in the NBA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 players in the NBA

DwayneWade said:
Haha its so funy how high you guys rate lebron james... number 1? come on thats kobe spot and dwyane wade is a better player than lebron james.

No :wink: :wink: :wink:

Lebron took the pistons to 7 by him self...his supporting cast is not better then the heats are even close

Pistons won game 7 because they double and triple teamed lebron the whole 2nd half shutting him down...you shut down lebron cavs dont have enough to win where as the heat do

Rocky Raccoon said:
how anyone doesn't have Steve Nash in their top 5 boggles my mind

Yea its tuff, I know I have him 7th on my list, but my knock on him are fairly weak arguments. Is he the product of a system, I mean he took off when he went to a team that surrounded him with very athletic players, and even with Amare hurt they had guys who could come in and do some damage in that system they run in Phoenix. He also is not as versatile as the other guys ahead of him on that list and is Defense is suspect. He has definetly proven his leadership, but I based my list on past, present, future potential and overall ability more than leadership . . to each his own. He still a top player in the league as shown with his 2 MVP awards.

Rocky Raccoon said:
how anyone doesn't have Steve Nash in their top 5 boggles my mind
Probably because he's a horrible defender, and in clutch situations, he turns the ball over.

Kdawg954 said:
Yea its tuff, I know I have him 7th on my list, but my knock on him are fairly weak arguments. Is he the product of a system, I mean he took off when he went to a team that surrounded him with very athletic players, and even with Amare hurt they had guys who could come in and do some damage in that system they run in Phoenix. He also is not as versatile as the other guys ahead of him on that list and is Defense is suspect. He has definetly proven his leadership, but I based my list on past, present, future potential and overall ability more than leadership . . to each his own. He still a top player in the league as shown with his 2 MVP awards.
I agree. He's an excellent player and a great point guard, but I don't think he can flourish in any old system. This run & gun system sets Steve Nash up for excellence, especially with the players he has around him, even without Amare. A lot of people don't realize this.

To me, LeBron James is the 2005-2006 MVP. Talk about a guy who does it all without any help.

Buddwalk said:
No :wink: :wink: :wink:

Lebron took the pistons to 7 by him self...his supporting cast is not better then the heats are even close

Pistons won game 7 because they double and triple teamed lebron the whole 2nd half shutting him down...you shut down lebron cavs dont have enough to win where as the heat do
I agree with you there, but you can't shut down Dwyane Wade. Even though I believe LeBron James is the best player in the NBA and Kobe is second, I think Dwyane Wade is the most unstoppable force now that he's developed that jumper.

Buddwalk said:
2 mvps, runs the floor better then any pg in the league, makes players around him better...his only flaw is his defense is terrible

Exactly. When I look at LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, and Dwyane Wade - neither of those guys have a FLAW as HUGE as Steve Nash's, whereas any player in the league can molest him on the offensive end. He's just a horrible defender, period.

Blueprint said:
Probably because he's a horrible defender, and in clutch situations, he turns the ball over.

I agree. He's an excellent player and a great point guard, but I don't think he can flourish in any old system. This run & gun system sets Steve Nash up for excellence, especially with the players he has around him, even without Amare. A lot of people don't realize this.

To me, LeBron James is the 2005-2006 MVP. Talk about a guy who does it all without any help.

Im with ya bro...not just what he did in the regular season but the playoffs too

Rocky Raccoon said:
very true...but he is still the back to back MVP
Yeah, that's why I'd definitely have Nash in my top 10. I think a lot of people here probably look at me and say, "wow this guy really hates Steve Nash, and doesn't respect him as a player" - nah, he's a great player and I recognize that. I'm just somebody who grew up around DEFENSE when it comes to sports - from my Father & my surroundings, to everything else. I believe that to be the best, you must be able to at least play "deceptive" defense. :cooldude:

a funny thing is my friend tried to argue that Nash is better than Wade. both are great offensive players but Wade has good defense and Nash has horrible defense. Nash is anti-clutch, Wade is Mr.Clutch. you do the math

nick1 said:
a funny thing is my friend tried to argue that Nash is better than Wade. both are great offensive players but Wade has good defense and Nash has horrible defense. Nash is anti-clutch, Wade is Mr.Clutch. you do the math

I think Nash is a better offensive player than Wade...but Wade is such a better defender than Nash that I would have Wade over Nash

nick1 said:

despite all the flaws on nash hes got his team playing exactly where thye need to be just like mr wade. Also he makes everybody else around him better not to mention hes a back to back mvp winner now

Rocky Raccoon said:
I think Nash is a better offensive player than Wade...but Wade is such a better defender than Nash that I would have Wade over Nash

unfortunately not...skills wise wade is better then nash, but what nash does on the court is special. If he just played defense he could go down as something great

Rocky Raccoon said:

I think Wade is better offensively and defenseivley than Nash . . Nash is a better PG tho. Wade can play point, but is gonna be like Jordan and Kobe, shooting guards that handle the ball. Nash is a pure PG and a fantastic leader. He can distribute the ball better than anybody in the league and he can give u a clutch shot as well as shoot 50 percent from the floor and knock down the 3. It all depends on what u need. If Wade was on the Suns (man would that be scary), they probably wouldn't be as effective and vice a versa. Alot depends on system, but overall Wade's impact now and possible impact in the future makes him higher ranked IMO.

Buddwalk said:
unfortunately not...skills wise wade is better then nash, but what nash does on the court is special. If he just played defense he could go down as something great
what he brings to the court is why I think he is slightly better offensive then Wade...no doubt Wade is a better shooter...but overall on offense, I give the nod to Nash...but on defense Wade >>>>>> Nash

Buddwalk said:
2 mvps, runs the floor better then any pg in the league, makes players around him better...his only flaw is his defense is terrible

i see youve finally seen the light...:wink:

But can Nash take over the game By himself like James Kobe or Wade no he cant that's why lebron should have won the MVP.

Back
Top Bottom