Top 5 QB's in this draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 QB's in this draft?

I say we are way too far along in the process for Burrow to still be spelled Burrows by some.

But ya, good list. I’d have Eason and Fromm ahead of Hurts though.

I’d go back and forth with 3 and 4. If we miss out on Tua and I had a choice of Love or Herbert at 18, I know I’d take the full 15 minutes there.

If we get Tua at 5 the door is open for someone to trade up to 18, 26 or 39 for a QB. The Dolphins could actually help multiple teams trade up for QBs and score the extra “pick points” that a QB can yield.

LAC (6), Car (7), Jax (10), OAK (12), IND (13).... gotta believe at least one QB is coming off the board in that span.

OAK (19), Jax (20) would be a nice way to attain a third rounder to move down a spot or two.

Look out for Minnesota or Chicago to make a play for their next QB as well. Bears would be wise to start planning for the post Trubisky era. They are spinning their tires if they think building around him will compete for anything. They have picks 43 (OAK) and 50. I’m sure they will continue with Mitchell for another year though given the investment.

Last edited:
I just have this feeling about Hurts.
I've always drawn a comparison to Russell Wilson in my mind. Not the sexiest pick, doesn't seem have all of the tools, but is a proven winner and has succeeded in multiple college environments.

He is not prototypical and comes up short in a lot of areas, but the results can't be denied.

Hurts is the kind of QB most NFL teams will see as a backup. But there might be a coach/team out there that is willing to take a calculated risk that he is an undiscovered unicorn.

The NFL is changing again. Teams are understanding that the no-so prototypical QB offers uniqueness in the film room and poses problems for most defenses when the offense is schemed to this strengths.

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Hurts

What say you?

I would take Eason, Fromm and Montez over Hurts. In fact I'm higher on Nate Stanley than Hurts. Stanley has his issues, but I like the fact that he's played in Iowa's pro style offense. I think his transistion will be easier than some of the mid tier qbs in the draft.

You know what, I want Tua, but I definitely feel you. . Has the Bama/OK pedigree and despite a bad game in CFP, he has the traits of the Big 3 in the AFC. Will be fun to see at Combine
Got benched in the NC game also

Hurts reminds me of Jacoby Brissett .... and isn’t a bad fall back option post RD 1 ....

Certainly not the preferred pick though ...

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Eason

Honestly, at our top pick those middle three names are interchangeable for me as each as major strengths and major weaknesses. The only scenario I wouldn’t be happy with is the Dolphins passing on QB in that pick. This is the year to identify their guy and pull the trigger.

Last edited:
1. Burrow,2 Tua 3herbert 4.love 5 fromm 6 easton . These is how football work.. 2020 we love Burrow and Tua..2025 Easton probably turn out be best qb of Draft.. sad but true

Back
Top Bottom