Top 5 Receivers if..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Receivers if.....

HardHittin

Rookie of the Year
Reaction score
People seem to think that Chambers would be a top 5 receiver if he played for the Colts...so it made me start to think. Who would the top 5 receivers in the league be if they were to take Marvin Harrison's place as the #1 receiver on the Colts. Here's my top 5

1. T.O. - He put up the best #'s in the league with offense's that the only other threats were Tai Streets, Todd Pinkston, Kevin Barlow and Brian Westbrook. Imagine what he would do with Reggie Wayne and Edge.

2. Randy Moss - I think he could push 1800 yds. and 20td's on the Colts.

3. Hines Ward - Might even be #1 at the end of the year if he can prove that he can get it done without Plaxico around.

4. Marvin Harrison - Still an elite guy

5. Joe Horn - Never has really had any other talented receivers around him, basically carried Aaron Brooks this long.

note: Chambers would prob be around #11

6 & 7 would be Torry Holt (dome) and Chad Johnson

8, 9 & 10 Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald & Javon Walker

My top 5 would probably be:

1) Randy Moss

2) Chad Johnson

3) Andre Johnson

4) Marvin Harrison

5) Roy Williams

Yes, Owens doesn't make the list. A large part of that reason is the very different offensive scheme. I think Owens makes the impact he makes because he's ideal for the WCO and that he'd have a hard time adjusting to the Colts.

I dunno JJ ... I think T.O. is one of those rare physical monsters that will produce no matter where he is and who he has throwing....
that 65 yard bomb last night didn't look like a variation of the WCO to me

HardHittin said:
I dunno JJ ... I think T.O. is one of those rare physical monsters that will produce no matter where he is and who he has throwing....
that 65 yard bomb last night didn't look like a variation of the WCO to me

He is still an Eagle, right? What Childress runs up there is 100% WCO. It's true you don't see many of those plays, but they do happen.

1.randy moss

2.T.O

3.marvin harrison

4.chad jhonson

5.hines ward

honarable mention: torry holt, andre jhonson, javon walker, derrick mason

so what type of #'s do you think he would put up with Peyton throwing the ball, Wayne and Stokley receiving and James pounding it up the middle?

Jimmy James said:
Yes, Owens doesn't make the list. A large part of that reason is the very different offensive scheme. I think Owens makes the impact he makes because he's ideal for the WCO and that he'd have a hard time adjusting to the Colts.
I have to disagree there. Terrell Owens is by no means a product of the system, the guy's a beast and makes any offense better. I don't think there's such a thing as a "WCO Receiver" anyway. Just like Randy Moss relies on his blazing speed and height to be the great player he is, TO relies on his strength and how physical he is. That's a trait that can't be taught and is successful no matter who's running the offense.

Whoa whoa, how is Harrison all the way at #4? And with Hines Ward ahead of him? No way! Ward is a strong, physical, team player but as far as making big plays Harrison is on a whole other level.

I'm not quite saying he's a product of the system. I'd have to call him a top 15 guy in any system. I'm saying that his size and strength work better in the WCO than they would in the vertical offense of a Norv Turner or a Mike Martz. I would expect that Moss is better in the sort of offense Linehan and Turner run than he would be with say Mike Holmgren, too (I do think Moss is a superior physical freak, and he'd probably make the top 5 in Seattle or Philly if we were doing this there, though).

Remember, the top 5 is an elite group that includes just 5/32 of the #1 receivers in the league.

popularwar said:
Whoa whoa, how is Harrison all the way at #4? And with Hines Ward ahead of him? No way! Ward is a strong, physical, team player but as far as making big plays Harrison is on a whole other level.

Harrison at #4 is nothing to turn your head at....but Hines' #'s are far from mediocre, all this with a run oriented offense and quarterbacks that have been subpar pretty much his whole career

Back
Top Bottom