ROADRUNNER

0.1% native american & 0.1% filipino
Club Member
Reaction score
1.. Keenan Allen*, WR, California
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round (2013): Top 25.
11/10/12: Allen has been held back by sub-par quarterback play from his brother Zach Maynard, but has remained productive. Allen has totaled 61 receptions for 737 yards and six touchdowns so far this year. He also has averaged 14 yards per punt return with a touchdown. Allen has played a lot better than his stats indicate. He missed the last game with a knee injury and is said to be week-to-week. He may play in one of California's final two games.

8/17/12: Allen would be the first receiver selected in most draft classes. At the same time, he could easily make a run at being the top receiver even if Woods is in the same draft class. Allen had a very good debut in 2010. He caught 46 passes for 490 yards and five touchdowns as a freshman.

Allen was even better in 2011, hauling in 98 passes for 1,342 yards and six touchdowns. He is faster than many defensive backs expect and has a second gear to explode downfield. Allen runs the tough routes over the middle and in the shallow part of the field. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands and gets good yardage after the catch.

Allen is a physical receiver and attacks the football in the air. Some teams will probably prefer him over Woods.

2... Justin Hunter**, WR, Tennessee
Height: 6-4. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2013): Top 25.

11/10/12: Hunter is gradually regaining his top speed and explosiveness after last year's knee injury. He's totaled 56 receptions for 838 yards and seven touchdowns. Hunter has been playing better in the Volunteers recent games.

8/17/12: Hunter looked poised for a mammoth season last year, posting 16 receptions for 302 yards and two scores in the first two games of 2011. However against Florida, on a routine 12-yard catch early in the third game, Hunter went down with a torn ACL following a leaping reception. It was a surprising injury as he did not take a shot to the knee, or have another player fall into his leg in a manner that typically causes knee ligament tears.

Prior to the injury, Hunter looked like a truly rare receiver who is extremely tall, but has the speed of a burner wide out. He had 16 receptions for 403 yards and two touchdowns as a freshman in 2010.

Hunter is healthy and ready to go in 2012. He played in the Volunteers' full-contact scrimmage without incident. Hunter will match up against the top cornerback in the nation in North Carolina State's David Amerson in Tennessee's first game of the season . If Hunter can regain his pre-injury form, he could be a first-round pick in 2013 or 2014.

3... Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

11/10/12: Williams has resoundingly proven he can produce without Robert Griffin III at quarterback. Williams leads the nation in receiving yardage with 1,340 yards on 71 receptions with 10 touchdowns. He's been phenomenal this season.

Williams set Big XII records with 17 receptions for 314 yards and two touchdowns against West Virginia. He has been making tough catches in the short to intermediate part of the field while also making long catches downfield. Williams' deep speed has been very impressive this season.

8/17/12: Williams had a very good 2011 season even though he was the No. 2 receiver, behind Kendall Wright. Williams caught 59 passes for 957 yards and 11 touchdowns. He had 43 catches for 484 yards and four touchdowns in 2010.

Williams has excellent size with underrated speed that catches cornerbacks by surprise. His straight-line speed is rare for a big receiver. Last year he had a lot of success running just straight go routes down the field. As a sprinter Williams is very fast running down the field, and that catches defensive backs by surprise considering how tall he is.

Williams also operates comfortably in the short and intermediate part of the field. Baylor has had success with Williams running slants and digs, the staple routes of an NFL West Coast offense. On the more shallow and intermediate routes, he doesn't display the burner speed that he has when running a straight go route.

However, Williams has enough quickness in and out of his breaks to get separation from defensive backs and get open. He projects as a great red-zone weapon.

It wouldn't be surprising if Williams' numbers decline without Robert Griffin at quarterback, but if the senior somehow stays consistent, he could place himself firmly in first-round consideration

4... Robert Woods*, WR, USC
Height: 6-1. Weight: 180.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

11/10/12: Woods is less than 100 percent this year; his ankle injury is robbing him of explosion and top speed. He is not the big-play threat as a result and is not getting as much separation from defensive backs.

Woods still had a great outing against Syracuse. He caught 10 passes for 94 yards and two touchdowns while running the ball once for 76 yards and returned a punt 31 yards. The junior has totaled 59 receptions for 656 yards and 10 touchdowns this year. Woods has only one 100-yard receiving game this season and it came against Colorado.

8/17/12: Woods caught 65 passes for 792 yards and six touchdowns as a freshman in 2010. To open his sophomore season, he had a record-setting game with 17 receptions for 177 yards and three touchdowns against Minnesota. Woods then broke his own record three weeks later against Arizona, catching 14 passes for 255 yards and two touchdowns. He put up a total 1,292 yards on 111 receptions with 15 touchdowns last year.

Woods looks NFL-ready right now as he has speed to burn. Woods easily gets separation from defensive backs as they struggle to turn and run with him. Furthermore, he is very quick in and out of his breaks, with well-developed route running. Woods also has reliable hands and is a scoring threat on any play. He is fabulous as a run-after-the-catch receiver.

While Woods has good height, he is not overly physical with cornerbacks. Woods seems to prefer to beat them with his speed and athleticism. It would help if he filled out his frame with another 10-20 pounds of muscle for the NFL. If Woods can do that without diminishing his speed, it should help him to defeat jams at the line of scrimmage, and not allow himself to have the play timing disrupted by rerouting

5... DeAndre Hopkins*, WR, Clemson
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Projected Round (2014): 1-2.

11/10/12: Hopkins started the 2012 season on fire. He became the No. 1 receiver for Clemson as Sammy Watkins started the season suspended and was slow to return to his freshman form. Hopkins picked up the slack and became the top receiver for Tajh Boyd. Hopkins has 1,037 yards on 62 catches and 13 touchdowns in 2012. He's been burning defenses with his deep speed.

8/27/12: Hopkins is not as talented as Sammy Watkins, but Hopkins is a dangerous receiver in his own right. He was secondary receiver in 2011, but still caught 72 passes for 978 yards and five touchdowns. As a freshman in 2010 he hauled in 52 passes for 637 yards with four scores.

Hopkins should produce well over the next two years with Watkins drawing constant double teams. Overall, Hopkins has a nice skill set with speed, hands and route-running.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013WR.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good list. I wonder where Patterson would rank if he declares.

Woods is meh and Williams plays soft. I would not like either for the Fins.

I love de andre hopkins. I am really hoping hes there for us in the second. woods would probably be a good value, in the second, I see him falling in a lot of mocks.

stedman bailey and tavon austin I see guys putting them high in mocks. not sure with their size I'd put them up quite so high. no thanks to terrance williams.

I'd jump all over Woods if he's there for us in the 2nd. If Werner doesn't fall to us in the 1st, I'd be content with Keenan Allen in the 1st though.

I could really get behind a werner/woods, werner/hopkins first two rounds of this draft. that would be a start for me that would probably get me into enough beer to miss the following three days, and possibly miss some work time.

Back
Top Bottom