Top Pass Rushers for 2021 Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Pass Rushers for 2021 Draft?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami has really struggled to find pass rushers in the draft, with Jordan and Harris both recent first round busts for the Dolphins. That makes the signings of Ogbah and Lawson pretty big for the Dolphins. Long-term, this team still needs to find a pass rusher.

As an aside, I remember the year Tennessee and the Rams met in the super bowl. Prior to that season, every draft expert kept pegging the Titans for a wide receiver, but Tennessee instead drafted Jevon Kearse. Kearse ended up having a monster year and was a big reason the Titans made it to the super bowl.

I mention that because I could see the Dolphins making the same kind of choice, especially since they have two #1's.

Anyway, I need help here. This is kind of what I see, but would love to hear from all of you who watch more college ball.

Here are some that get a lot of attention....

Micah Parsons
Kwitty Paye
Carlos Basham
Patrick Jones
Gregory Rousseau
Zaven Collins
Joseph Ossai
Jaelan Phillips
Quincy Roche
Jayson Oweh

Would love opinions, including how they would fit in Flores' defense.

What are your thoughts on Basham? He doesn't look like an electric pass rusher, but he has nice size and maybe the type to wear down an offensive line in the fourth quarter? Strikes me as kind of a Ravens type player. Dominates at Wake Forest, which I know is different from SEC talent. Opinions???

Do you feel he has upside in other parts of his game? He certainly has the athleticism.

yeah probably a 34 olb I’d assume. But he’s one of the few guys I’ve seen that I think can rush in a 3 or 2 point stance relatively equally effectively

His motor to chase the ball at times isn’t there but he’s got more going for him pure pass rush than an ossai for example.

ojulari uses his hands pretty well to chop etc.

Id have him in the sub plans assuming he tests like his tape suggest. Shows a get off can bend and like I said can use his hands. Looks like he has a plan

Id think top 50 by the time the draft comes at least. Just cause again his pure pass rush gifts. But he can’t go test like a flat tire either

My take on this year's prospects is that most of them are Shaq Lawson, rather than Emmanuel Ogbah or Cameron Wake.

I see most of these guys as edge setters or scheme blitzers... I don't see more than one or two of them as being a true pass-rushing weapon. Don't get me wrong, some of these would help, especially in our scheme driven system, but wouldn't it be great if we had even one guy who the other teams just feared... had to double every single play?

Pointless trying to rank pass rushers before they work out. Testing is vital for them.

That said, I love how well-rounded Roche's game is.

yeah probably a 34 olb I’d assume. But he’s one of the few guys I’ve seen that I think can rush in a 3 or 2 point stance relatively equally effectively

His motor to chase the ball at times isn’t there but he’s got more going for him pure pass rush than an ossai for example.

ojulari uses his hands pretty well to chop etc.

Id have him in the sub plans assuming he tests like his tape suggest. Shows a get off can bend and like I said can use his hands. Looks like he has a plan

Id think top 50 by the time the draft comes at least. Just cause again his pure pass rush gifts. But he can’t go test like a flat tire either
I agree with all, and if he excels at the combine, he will shoot up the draft boards.

Have you watched Cameron Mcgrone from Michigan? I don't know much about him, but a friend of mine wants me to watch some game tape on him. Says he is raw, only started one year at Michigan, but thinks he has all the tools to be a very good player.

I agree with all, and if he excels at the combine, he will shoot up the draft boards.

Have you watched Cameron Mcgrone from Michigan? I don't know much about him, but a friend of mine wants me to watch some game tape on him. Says he is raw, only started one year at Michigan, but thinks he has all the tools to be a very good player.

I haven’t hardly watched anyone I usually don’t get too much into that until the Miami season is done. Prior years that’s been like October but not this year...yet

I’ve seen ossai I’ve seen ojulari. I’m not sure why parsons is even on this list he’s gonna be an off ball lb. I haven’t seen but bits of the Tulsa kid. None of the canes players.

I’m just saying I do like ojularis pure pass rush tools. I can see where that would grade out top 50 worthy separate from everything else. And a plan a sub edge rusher

Pointless trying to rank pass rushers before they work out. Testing is vital for them.

That said, I love how well-rounded Roche's game is.
I know he's improved a lot in run support as well.

Do you think Roche would work in a Van Noy type role for Miami? Not sure about him at DE.

I’m a really big fan of Jaelan Phillips. I think he’s going to be a stud at the nfl level. Would love to see him in Aqua next year.

Back
Top Bottom