Top RB's in the NFL.......Run Ricky Run...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top RB's in the NFL.......Run Ricky Run...?

MDolphins2004

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Here is my Top 10 list :roflmao: .....What would yours look like? :cool:

1) LT ~ Is just a beast on the field. He can catch and run with the best of them. If he stays healthy and plays for 12+ seasons he might get (2-3) 2,000 yard seasons.

2) Priest Holmes ~ Just gets the job done every down. He can pick up a LB on a blitz and run over him up the middle. Crazy enough he can catch the ball better than most #2 WR's in the league.

3) Ricky Williams ~ People thought he was just a headcase an injury away from early retirement. But his game has shown why Mike wanted to traded his soul for him. If Ricky was in Denver he would make T. Davis 2,000 yard season look like Jabbar get a 1,000. He has the speed that fools defenders and the power to cripple most LB's and S in the league.

4) Jamal Lewis ~ Is a play away from going to jail...just kidding..he will not quit untill the ref blows the whistle and takes the ball. Even then you gotta think he is thinking about getting up and running over the ref on his way to the endzone.

5) Ahman Green ~ Along with Ricky has to protect the ball better. That is why Holgrem traded him.....But when he is not putting the ball on the ground he is putting it in the endzone. Run and catch you better know it!

6) Fred Taylor ~ One word describes a healthy Fred Taylor.......EXPLOSIVE!!!

7) Clinton Portis ~ Yeah he has talent.....BUT he did play for a team that can put just about anyone in the backfield and get the 1,300 yards in 13 games...lol....If he can pick up Gibbs style of play he will once again find his way to the Pro Bowl. But can he take the abuse....?

8) Shawn Alexander ~ Just seems to make the big yard on the big play. He has the tools to be a Pro Bowl RB every year. The only problem is that there are 10 other RB with the same amount of talent.

9) Marshall Faulk ~ Age and injuries are catching up to the KING of NFL RB's the past 4 seasons. Even with LT, Holmes & the Edge being such great RB's when it comes to catching the ball. They are a level below Faulk. He is a nightmare for teams evey sunday even at his age.

10) Deuce McAllister ~ Is making huge strides in NO....He is a very tough runner and has the speed to dis even the best of S's.....He could move up the chart after this season.

Guys that you just hate to leave off the list: :cry:
:fire: Curtis Martin ~ Just seems to hit the right holes at the right time. Although he may have his last season as a full time starter. He will get you 1,000 yards every season.

:fire: Corey Dillion ~ Yeah he may not be the best team player in the locker room but hell who could be in Cincy. He just makes the Pats even harder to beat. He has a chip on his shoulder and might have a PRO BOWL season this year.

The Edge ~ Even after his injuries he is tough to stop. This season will put him back in the TOP 10. He should be close to getting back to the 1,000 - 1,000 running back.

They would be on the list but DAMN the NFL has GREAT RB's right now. :eek:

Look out for Kevin Jones from the Lions. He has M. Vick speed and almost the same moves. If he can take the pounding in the NFL he might be the next big thing. I have watched him for years and let me just say WOW. :goof:

didnt we just have a thread like this? Anyway heres my list

1. LT- puts up a great numbers on a crappy team.
2. Jamal Lewis- 2000 yard season speaks for itself. Also won a ring in rookie year. Thinking about him pisses me off though because I traded him last year in fantasy football.
3. Ahman Green- very similiar to Ricky. good combination of speed and power. fumble problems too. 2003 stats are better than rickys 2002 although he is helped by farve. underrated hands.
4. Ricky Williams- behind Green only due to the fact that he looked tenative at times last year although that was mostly due to the O-line.
5. Priest Holmes- most overrated back in football IMO. has such a great line he barely gets touched. not great at breaking tackles but has pretty good speed and agility. Put one of the RBs above on the same team and they would have better stats.
6. Deuce McCallister- good hands. great speed. and should keep getting better.
7. Portis- two great seasons in denver. Can he do it in Wash?
8. Shaun Alexander- great in open space but is not the most consistent RB. seems to get yards and TDs in bunches.
9. Stephen Davis- not talked about much but this big bruising back just gets it done.
10. Marshall Faulk- hasnt been able to stay healthy but with Steven Jackon to spell him he may be able to stay healthy and put up a monster season.

I don't think Ricky is so high, I'd say top 8 right now. We all know he can be a top back but he hasn't got it done like some of these guys have to date, if he can come out strong next year and average at least 4.something, it would definalty bump him up. Alot of his woes might be on his offense and line, but look at LT, he can tear it up with nothing around him. Ricky needs to prove himself a little more to be ranked at 3 or above.

1) Ladainian
2) Priest
3) Jamal
4) Deuce
5) Ahman
6) Portis (must prove he can do it withour Denver OL)
7) Travis (younger and stronger than RW with better YPC, and best stiff-arm in the NFL... TOUGHEST Man on the list)
8) Ricky
9) Marshall (always hurt)
10) Tiki

Travis Henry is stronger than Ricky Williams? Now I've seen it all... I love Travis and he's a great back and I wont say anything about his toughness that's for sure... But STRONGER than Ricky? I don't think so... I think the only guy that can even compare to Ricky's pure strength is Jamal Lewis... I don't think Roy Williams of Dallas would crumble in a head to head clash against Travis like he did on Thanksgiving against Ricky...

MOULDSROCKS said:
1) Ladainian
2) Priest
3) Jamal
4) Deuce
5) Ahman
7) Travis (younger and stronger than RW with better YPC, and best stiff-arm in the NFL... TOUGHEST Man on the list)
8) Ricky
10) Tiki
wow its not everyday that I see a such a huge homer comment. well if your right and travis is the 7th best RB than your FO is really stupid for drafting McGahee.

MOULDSROCKS said:
1) Ladainian
2) Priest
3) Jamal
4) Deuce
5) Ahman
8) Ricky
10) Tiki

hahahaha.

1. Tomlinson
2. Lewis
3. McAllister
4. Holmes
5. R. Williams
6. Green
7. Taylor
8. Portis
9. Henry
10. Alexander

MOULDSROCKS said:
1) Ladainian
2) Priest
3) Jamal
4) Deuce
5) Ahman
8) Ricky
10) Tiki

Dude, put down the crackpipe and slowly back away

Cmon MouldsRocks thts just an insane amount of homerism. Travis Henry is not better then Ricky, and DEFFINATLEY not more powerful. Hes got a great stiff arm and is tough, and is a quallity RB, but hes not Ricky.
1)LT
2)Priest
3)Ahman
4)Ricky
5)Jamal
6)Clinton
7)Duece
8)Shaun
9)Travis
10)Stephen Davis

Hard list, didnt put TOO much work into it. But tht should b just about it,

Back