toughest and weakest divisions in the NFL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

toughest and weakest divisions in the NFL?

phatmatt

from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan (in Canada)
Reaction score
Just wondering what everybody thinks are the best and worst (as far as team's strengths go) divisions in the NFL?

I would have to say that the toughest is a tossup between the AFC East (come on now, Buffalo, New England, New York Jets and Miami!) and the AFC West (I think it is the west with KC, San Diego, Denver and Oakland). THese two divisions both have four capable teams.

As far as the worst goes, I would have to say that it is the NFC West (St. Louis and Seattle as the two best teams shows just how weak this division is).

What are your thoughts?

BEST AFC EAST In any given year any of these teams could win the Superbowl

BEST NFC NORTH Packers and Vikings are both good teams and lions look good now also. NFC SOuth was very very close.

WORST AFC NORTH AFC is really tough but they have 2 low teams in Bengals and Browns. AFC South is way better cuz i like the Jags n Texans next year.

WORST NFC WEST comeon Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks would be last in our division

Finfan86 said:

BEST NFC NORTH Packers and Vikings are both good teams and lions look good now also. NFC SOuth was very very close.

WORST AFC NORTH AFC is really tough but they have 2 low teams in Bengals and Browns. AFC South is way better cuz i like the Jags n Texans next year.

WORST NFC WEST comeon Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks would be last in our division

ESPN's Chris Mortonson has Cincy winning the AFC this year. That is his early pick as of now. He said he might change it as the season draws near.

Worst division is NFC East. Washington, Dallas, NYG all stink. Not a 6 win team in the bunch in my opinion.

Best AFC East
Worst AFC South
Best NFC South
Worst NFC West

Best AFC East
Worst NFC West

nick19991 said:
Best AFC East
Worst NFC West
yup... although the afc west will be ultra competetive this year.

Not now... but the NFC North will be back to it's best soon. Philly is still ahead a little atm.

AFC West will be wild this year.
Kansas City has upgraded his defense and still gets power in the offense.
San Diego will continue winning because they didn't lose any piece of the team.
Oakland will have show time with offense and somehow will be like Indy last season
Denver is going to be the black horse and drop many "sure victories"
Philadelphia will fly high again this year. No real worries in the NFC East.

But NFC West will bring a funny 6-10 or 7-9 division champ.

Finfan86 said:

There's no sure thing at AFC East.
  • Patriots will become mortal and will drop their record.
  • Jets can have a slow start and will have serious problems to make the playoff.
  • Bills have a newbie as starter and that may become a nightmare.
  • Dolphins will start rebuilding and with new schemes, players, coaching crew and no sure thing at QB, everything may happen.
In efect NFC West will bring a very poor record division champ.

Finfan86 said:

Worst AFC division is a hard question.

Unlike last season, AFC East won't have a 13+ winning division champ.
Pats will drop their record because they lost so much with both coordinators leaving; Jets will have a slow start, so playoff will be hard for them; Bills are in a toss with a newbie QB; and our beloved Dolphins will have a good, but rebuilding season and finish something like 9-7/10-6 in the best case scenario.

AFC North is very interesting, Cleveland is rebuilding but the rest will have a great season. Pittsburg, Baltimore or Cincinatti may win this division with something like 12-4.

AFC South is going uphill, only Tennessee will have headaches this season, but Indianapolis, Jacksonville and Houston will battle for that division where Colts should win with a record of 11-5.

AFC West may surely bring a full battle with KC upgraded at defense, SanDiego empowered, Oakland as the showtime in offense and Denver as a darkhorse. It's a quest for a 13+ victories champion.

AFC:
Toughest division: AFC West (I think it will be now the toughest division in all of football now.)
Weakest division: AFC North (Tough, but I think will fall, and Baltimore will barely win division.)

NFC:
Toughest division: NFC North (Geen Bay has weakened, but Minnesota, Detroit, and Chicago has all improved.
Weakest division: NFC West (Arizona has a chance at taking this division... Enough said. :tongue:

Couldnt disagree more. So, by this statement, we were close to a SB last year? :roflmao:

In the past five years, only the Pats were close to winning the Super Bowl(granted, they did) and this year only the Jets and Pats have a legit shot at the playoffs. The AFC West on the other hand, has every one of their team competing for a berth in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom