Tp Playoff or Not to Playoff.. That is the Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tp Playoff or Not to Playoff.. That is the Question

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
As sports fans we are homers; it's a fact; Many feel that the only way to have a succesful season is to make it into the post-season for a second straight year. While it would be nice to get into the playoffs lets look at the direction of this team under year two of the trifecta (Parcells, Ireland, Sparano).

The Dolphins are no longer that team that folds in December when they to play in the cold as these boys are a much tougher, meaner, and focused team than we have seen in previous years. That starts with the Head Coach Tony Sparano. Many of you call for his head but I feel he is the perfect coach for this team.

I don't think there is any questioning that this years' team is far more talented than last years' AFC East Divisional Champions. This team is loaded with young talent thanks to two solid drafts by the trifecta landing us Jake Long, Phillip Merling, Chad Henne, Kendall Langford, Donald Thomas, Vontae Davis, Pat White, Sean Smith, and Brian Hartline. Before you all cut my throat and say Pat White han't proven jack I agree but it was too early to write off Mr. White; Tony Sparano admitted that it would take time for White's game to transfer from collegiate ball to pro ball. While many of us were furious when Brian Hartline was selected in Round 4 but what a surprise this guy has turned out to be.

Hitting homerun's in the draft is what front offices are suppossed to do so what really impresses me about the current regime is the players they have landed that have turned to be hidden gems. Those players are Dan Carpenter, Davone Bess, and Cameron Wake. Dan Carpenter has defined consistency and also proven to be clutch. This guy just nails field goal after field goal. Davone Bess is Wes Welker 2.0 and we are now getting a chance to see how talented this kid is. Cameron Wake is one of the league's best pass rushers and he needs to get better as an overall Outside Linebacker but this kids bull-rush is unblockable.

Despite holes at Nose Tackle and Wide Receiver our team seems to be loaded with talent from top to bottom. Chad Henne, Pat White, and Taylor Thigpin gives us a young Quarterback class with each player possesing many talents. We face a key decision on Ronnie Brown in the off-season but my money says he is not going anywhere. The two headed monster that is Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown is the best one-two punch in the league for my money. Our offensive line seems set for years' with Jake Long and Vernon Carey anchoring the line for years, Jake Grove was an upgrade over Samson Satele, Justin Smiley and Donald Thomas, and we even have solid depth in Andrew Gardner, Nate Gardner, and Joe Berger. Anthony Fasano is a servicable Tight End and I think we should keep him around if he isn't trying to break the bank but we do need to find a vertical threat via free agency or the draft. I'd like to see more of this Kory Sperry kid in the remainder of the season. Our one hole is a true #1 receiver. Brian Hartline, Greg Camarillo, and Davone Bess seem to be very good supporting receivers, Ted Ginn Jr. is playing his way out of Miami, but we need a true # 1 receiver. A guy like Antonio Bryant could be a real shot in free agency giving his previous relationship with the Tuna.

One thing to be excited about is that we no longer are wondering who our new starting Quarterback will be as the days of Cleo Lemon, John beck, Daunte Culpepper, Trent Green, Ray Lucas, Jay Fiedler, Brian Griese, and AJ Feeley are over. We know our guy is Henne and this dude is cstarting to look like he is going to be very good.

Sure the trifecta has made some bad free agent signings such as Ernest Wilford and Gibril Wilson but they have also made great moves such as trading a 6th rounder for Jason Freguson, a 4th Rounder for Akin Ayodele and Anthony Fasano, a 7th rounder for Tony McDaniel, singing free agents such as Chad Pennington, Justin Smiley, and our defensive MVP Randy Starks.

Whether we see the post-season or not this Dolphins team is young, hungry, and loaded with young talent. This team is going to be a force for a long while.

Just a point about Antonio Bryant, he didn't have a good relationship with Parcells. He has a lot of issues ( attitude history, drug history, doesn't like to practice very much ). I'm not sure why everyone keeps mentioning us signing him but his profile and past history with Parcells just don't mesh.

Parcells and Antonio Bryant remain in contact. Parcells drafted him. I understand Bryant has had his off-field issues but there is no question he would be an instant go to threat for our offense

Just a point about Antonio Bryant, he didn't have a good relationship with Parcells. He has a lot of issues ( attitude history, drug history, doesn't like to practice very much ). I'm not sure why everyone keeps mentioning us signing him but his profile and past history with Parcells just don't mesh.

Parcells and Bryant have patched things up. There have been quite a few posts on this forum broaching the so called dispute. We have learned through the south Florida media that Parcell's has even gone as far as to send text messages to Bryant telling him to keep his chin up and telling him to continue the hard work. I would be more surprised next year if Bryant was not a Miami Dolphin than if he was. I am expecting him to be possibly the only WR the Dolphins add to the roster, not including the draft.

I don't think there are many people on this forum who don't know that this team is much more talented than last years, and I don't need the Dolphins to make the playoffs this season for it to be a succes, but it sure would make it a lot better come January being able to root for the Phins and not whoever is playing the Pats.

Back
Top Bottom