Trade....Nick is Nick. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade....Nick is Nick.

my 2 cents

my 2 cents
Reaction score
There is ABSOLUETLY NO way that Saban has leaked his interest in Cutler....so, these "rumors" about trading up for Cutler and getting a pick for Ricky in order to trade up are either
a)Complete fabrication...which I doubt.
b)planted by NS for another reason..which is most likely
c)leaked by someone who will lose their job soon...no mention of controversy yet...

My take is that their are probably talks (which I believe Nick when he says anyone is available for the right price, it's a business decision). I think Nick has played the media again and he is taking the possibility away from the Jets or Raiders of trading down and acquiring picks AND still getting Cutler. Essentially he is making someone take Cutler with their own pick and not allowing them to strengthen their team by acquiring picks and STILL getting Cutler......another reason if they do not feel Cutler is a #4 or #6 pick, this increases the possibility that Cutler is there at #16. It is my personal opinion based on history of Nick that he either a)does not value Cutler ... or has Cutler valued at #16 and no higher and has no intention of trading up...he simply would not let that out and then do it....what he does only he will know about before hand...not us or the media. I do not think he would force the Jets/Raiders to pick Cutler if he REALLY wanted him...so I would look elsewhere and believe he has someone else in mind at #16 and another QB later....maybe Croyle or Whitehurst or even Jacobs for those Jacobs fans living in fantasyland with a pick acquired from Denver if that comes to pass.

These posts about Saban playing the media, bluffing, and anything else similar to that really wear on me. We are three months from the draft. Anything Nick does in that vein won't be effective three weeks later, much less three months.

By the time the draft actually comes we're all gonna hate each other...HEHEH>. For real..The multiple thread madness is gonna get worse before it gets better.

Personally, I love this cra-p. This is FinHeaven time of year!

Next time I see Nick, I gotta see if I can't convince him to post here. Maybe if I setup the account, he'd do it. Doubt he'd do it, but maybe under an alias or something.

RoKnRuiN said:
These posts about Saban playing the media, bluffing, and anything else similar to that really wear on me. We are three months from the draft. Anything Nick does in that vein won't be effective three weeks later, much less three months.

I see you haven't been here long. You might as well get used to it because it's only gonna get worse.

I do happen to believe that Saban is every bit the poker player the thread title suggest he is.

themole said:
I see you haven't been here long. You might as well get used to it because it's only gonna get worse.

I do happen to believe that Saban is every bit the poker player the thread title suggest he is.

As do I.

I will say this. Saban's tight-lipped policy does not preclude someone in Denver's office from leaking info.

I like hearing these rumors... gives me entertainment until the draft happens..

Agua said:
I will say this. Saban's tight-lipped policy does not preclude someone in Denver's office from leaking info.
Very good point Aqua.

This is silly. I doubt these things the Dolphins are doing are to try to trick other teams. I think Saban is a genius, but I think they are to help out our tem more than anything.

IMO, this situation is completely in Saban's control. He controls his media post and the deals he make are in tight interest of the other teams in the league., Frankly, he demands the attention of other coaches, personnel and GMs. If we want Cutler, I think it's pure coincidence that thee reports are coming out, and I really don't think Denver care about who we draft in the end.

Aqua and Orange said:
This is silly. I doubt these things the Dolphins are doing are to try to trick other teams. I think Saban is a genius, but I think they are to help out our tem more than anything.

So you don't think there is any subterfuge taking place leading up to and during the draft between teams and coaches. :rolleyes2

my 2 cents said:
There is ABSOLUETLY NO way that Saban has leaked his interest in Cutler....so, these "rumors" about trading up for Cutler and getting a pick for Ricky in order to trade up are either
a)Complete fabrication...which I doubt.
b)planted by NS for another reason..which is most likely
c)leaked by someone who will lose their job soon...no mention of controversy yet...

My take is that their are probably talks (which I believe Nick when he says anyone is available for the right price, it's a business decision). I think Nick has played the media again and he is taking the possibility away from the Jets or Raiders of trading down and acquiring picks AND still getting Cutler. Essentially he is making someone take Cutler with their own pick and not allowing them to strengthen their team by acquiring picks and STILL getting Cutler......another reason if they do not feel Cutler is a #4 or #6 pick, this increases the possibility that Cutler is there at #16. It is my personal opinion based on history of Nick that he either a)does not value Cutler ... or has Cutler valued at #16 and no higher and has no intention of trading up...he simply would not let that out and then do it....what he does only he will know about before hand...not us or the media. I do not think he would force the Jets/Raiders to pick Cutler if he REALLY wanted him...so I would look elsewhere and believe he has someone else in mind at #16 and another QB later....maybe Croyle or Whitehurst or even Jacobs for those Jacobs fans living in fantasyland with a pick acquired from Denver if that comes to pass.

I dont think he wants Cutler at all.

Back
Top Bottom