Trade the 1st pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade the 1st pick

jon19

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Trade it and get a 2nd and 3rd rounders...So we pick up Carpenter (great leader and what a beast) and Cromartie (the best CB in the nation...Trust me...he almost single handedly beat miami two years ago). With our other third we could pick up Ernie Sims (another beast and steal).

That may work, but wait and see what Saban will repair before draft day, it's too soon to know our real needing, because our GM and our coach will work harder than ever to imporve many positons in FA.
Of course that some trade like the one you're pointing is very near of what Saban likes to do.

That would probally not be smart

We can get an even better LB or guy in the secondary round 1 and still have a second round pick, they good players but there is no way we should be tradeing out of the first round unless we get an amazing deal

acmeanvil49 said:
Anybody think Vince Young will last until #16?

I wouldn't want him, although he probably will be taken not until late 1st.

Really?

I think he's further along that Vick was coming into the NFL.

Size, speed, strength nice arm, what's not to like.

Let him sit behind a vet for a year and learn, he'll be ready.

i have seen mocks with him going top 10. We should not trade our first until possibly on clock.

The ONLY way I would do that is if we miss out on Cutler. At that point it may make since to trade down in the 1st but not out of the 1st. To give up your 1st for a 2nd and 3rd is NOT equal value...NO THANKS.

Finfanforever said:
The ONLY way I would do that is if we miss out on Cutler. At that point it may make since to trade down in the 1st but not out of the 1st. To give up your 1st for a 2nd and 3rd is NOT equal value...NO THANKS.

I was thinking the same thing. 1st>2nd and 3rd. Now maybe two 2nds and a later pick or trading down a few spots for an extra first day pick.

I've been wondering this for months (Saban trading down for additional draft picks),however at least two 2nds and a 3rd seems like good compensation for the 16th pick.

acmeanvil49 said:
Anybody think Vince Young will last until #16?

i have seen a scenario on nfl.com where they talk about the top 5 picks and he goes on 3 after bush and leinart to the titans

No way we should trade that pick until your on the clock, thats how you miss out on special players.

ih8brady said:
I wouldn't want him, although he probably will be taken not until late 1st.

Luv your sig and pics and all but my my my, you are way off on Vince Young. He is prime beef right next to REggie Bush and better than Leinert. You will see.

You only trade down a few spots to pick up another 2nd rounder and that would be based on getting a guy that Saban covets that he knows is lower on everyones board. think Tim Bowens when he was not on anyones radar and we dropped a few spots and got our guy with an extra pick.

Back
Top Bottom