Trading Deadline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Deadline

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
I thought Soriano to Florida was the craziest thing I read.

Then I go to ESPN.com and I see the Red Sox have Coco Crisp on the block! Crisp for Buherle was turned down by Chicago (why would Boston think Chicago would trade a quality SP to a fellow rival in the AL is beyond me anyway. Theo is slipping)

But I really have to question Theo and Boston here. They sign Edgar and throws him away after a year. Same with Wade Miller but that was more injury. Now they go out and trade for Crisp, gives up some damn good young talent to get him, then has him on the trading block and is throwing him out in offers in July.

What the hell is wrong with Theo?

Sean Casey to Detroit.

Chris Shelton to AAA. Shelton had the greatest April in a long time, boy does that seem like light years ago.

MikeO said:
Sean Casey to Detroit.

Chris Shelton to AAA. Shelton had the greatest April in a long time, boy does that seem like light years ago.

wow thats a shame. why would they trade him and not craig wilson

Philly traded Rheal Cormier traded to Cincy.

WOW, the deals are coming down fast now....

MikeO said:

Then I go to ESPN.com and I see the Red Sox have Coco Crisp on the block! Crisp for Buherle was turned down by Chicago (why would Boston think Chicago would trade a quality SP to a fellow rival in the AL is beyond me anyway. Theo is slipping)

But I really have to question Theo and Boston here. They sign Edgar and throws him away after a year. Same with Wade Miller but that was more injury. Now they go out and trade for Crisp, gives up some damn good young talent to get him, then has him on the trading block and is throwing him out in offers in July.

Apparently according to Theo, that deal was never true and Theo told Coco he's not on the block. But hey who knows right?

Ray Finkle said:
Apparently according to Theo, that deal was never true and Theo told Coco he's not on the block. But hey who knows right?

of course its not true according to Theo, cause it was shot down. So Theo must do damage control.

Too many reports are out saying Chicago shot him down with that trade.

MikeO said:
of course its not true according to Theo, cause it was shot down. So Theo must do damage control.

Too many reports are out saying Chicago shot him down with that trade.

Hey I'm just saying that I heard. I don't think if it was true a horrible offer on Theo's part. The White Sox need a CFer and have 6 pitchers. Who knows you got to at least call up and try. If Cashman didn't pick up the phone and ask if Arod would like to play 3rd base he might not be with the Yankees today.

I don't think you'll see the Sox make a major move today. They really like some of their kids in the minors and don't want to throw them away for a rent-a-player that probably won't help or make an impact in October (ala Freddy Sanchez for Jeff Suppan).

Ray Finkle said:
Hey I'm just saying that I heard. I don't think if it was true a horrible offer on Theo's part. The White Sox need a CFer and have 6 pitchers. Who knows you got to at least call up and try. If Cashman didn't pick up the phone and ask if Arod would like to play 3rd base he might not be with the Yankees today.

I don't think you'll see the Sox make a major move today. They really like some of their kids in the minors and don't want to throw them away for a rent-a-player that probably won't help or make an impact in October (ala Freddy Sanchez for Jeff Suppan).

I think Mike Lowell is as good as gone.

MikeO said:

Question him all you want, you just don't know what you are talking about.

Fact is, Renteria didn't have the nuts to play in Boston which was not Theo's fault.

Fact is, Coco was on a tear before he got injured and everyone in Boston was like "Johnny Who?". Obviously Crisp is still hurting and suffered big time from the injury.

We had Marte to specifically use him as trade bait for Damon's replacement and besides Marte we gave up second-tier prospects for Crisp. I don't see where all of this "damn good young talent" song comes from except in your head. It was one player to replace a gaping hole in our line up! And it was turning out beautifully until Crisp got hurt!

It's alright though! Keep thinking you know something!

MikeO said:
I think Mike Lowell is as good as gone.

It's possible, but the Sox would have to get a 1st baseman back in a day so they could send Youk to 3rd. I don't know why the Sox would want to mess with their infield though. Trade Nixon, he's the one that sucks and is the weakest link on the team.

Ray Finkle said:
It's possible, but the Sox would have to get a 1st baseman back in a day so they could send Youk to 3rd. I don't know why the Sox would want to mess with their infield though. Trade Nixon, he's the one that sucks and is the weakest link on the team.

last night was great. ESPN had Bonnie Berstein do a segment on how the Sox infield sucked last year making a ton of errors. And how they got rid of everyone and now the infield is the best in baseball. Then 10 seconds later they shoot to Steve Phillips up in CT and he is talking about how Lowell and Loretta could both be shipped out. That makes a lot of friggin sense.

The Lowell thing I think will happen. It is everywhere. SD wants him bad.

MikeO said:
last night was great. ESPN had Bonnie Berstein do a segment on how the Sox infield sucked last year making a ton of errors. And how they got rid of everyone and now the infield is the best in baseball. Then 10 seconds later they shoot to Steve Phillips up in CT and he is talking about how Lowell and Loretta could both be shipped out. That makes a lot of friggin sense.

The Lowell thing I think will happen. It is everywhere. SD wants him bad.

Steve Phillips is an idiot but that's beside the point. He's showing why he got fired after all.

I think the Sox would move Loretta for Lugo or a pitcher and call up Pedroia if they couldn't get Lugo.

Lowell for Linebrink is the most talked about possible deal.

FiN.in.RI said:
Cora can go to third, No?

That keeps him in the lineup where he should be.

Maybe, Cora is playing excellent and I hope the Sox resign him to a contract before the season is over and not risk him going FA. I think 3rd is Cora's weakest position in the infield so if they can't get Lugo or a 1st baseman it is possible.

Who knows, anything could happen.

Ray Finkle said:
Maybe, Cora is playing excellent and I hope the Sox resign him to a contract before the season is over and not risk him going FA. I think 3rd is Cora's weakest position in the infield so if they can't get Lugo or a 1st baseman it is possible.

Who knows, anything could happen.

I deleted the post because I remembered that 3rd is his weakest position.

I don't think we break up the infield anyway. It's possible I guess.

Sometimes people get so caught up in rumours that reality becomes un-real.

Back
Top Bottom