Trading Our 2 Second Round Picks For Detroit's First | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Our 2 Second Round Picks For Detroit's First

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
As we all know, Detroit was willing to trade down his first round draft pick, and my very trustable source has told me that at first Miami was trying to Flip Flop the first round with Detroit + Miami would have given them our late second, but Detroit found more convincing to have 3 seconds (plus Mare) instead of a first and two second round picks (one of them, a late) and without Mare..., my source told me that Miami is willing to accept that trade offer, but Detroit also asked for Miami to restructure his contract (Mare's) and that there's a big rumor that in order to complete this trade Detroit asked Miami to let them stick with Green, who previously showed his interest to play in Miami...

My source told me that this trade talks have been during some days now and they are still talking about it...

GO PHINS!!!

So we wont give are #9.We will have two firsts????

Thats Absolutely right, we will have our own 9 and the 2nd overall pick, plus we will get some value for Mare (If he accepts to restructure his contract), we wont have a second though...

I think that those are GREAT news if they get done...

As we all know, Detroit was willing to trade down his first round draft pick, and my very trustable source has told me that at first Miami was trying to Flip Flop the first round with Detroit + Miami would have given them our late second, but Detroit found more convincing to have 3 seconds (plus Mare) instead of a first and two second round picks (one of them, a late) and without Mare..., my source told me that Miami is willing to accept that trade offer, but Detroit also asked for Miami to restructure his contract (Mare's) and that there's a big rumor that in order to complete this trade Detroit asked Miami to let them stick with Green, who previously showed his interest to play in Miami...

My source told me that this trade talks have been during some days now and they are still talking about it...

GO PHINS!!!

So let me get this straight. We give both of our second round picks,Olindo Mare,,and allow Detroit to sign Trent Green and in return we will get their #1 pick this year,,so we end up picking #2 and #9 in the first round?

So let me get this straight. We give both of our second round picks,Olindo Mare,,and allow Detroit to sign Trent Green and in return we will get their #1 pick this year,,so we end up picking #2 and #9 in the first round?

Thats correct, but we also have to restructure Mare's contract

wait.. we'd give up our two second round picks and olindo mare for the #2 overall pick in the draft?

Thats ridiculous.. no way Detroit does it

wait, so Green goes to Detroit, miami keeps the 9th, we get the 2nd overall in round 1, give up mare and 2 2nds? IM ****ING DOWN!

tehn we can use our 9th to trade DOWN regain picks ala 2nd or late 1st and a 3rd, OR swap our 9th with Houst for there 10th and get Carr then we have Carr Quinn and DC in camp. If it istn for CJ, JT. cuz at 2 we go either WR cuz we have a hgue need adn we know CJ is a premier #1 guy alreayd and CC would be a GREEEEEAT compliment to him as a 2nd WR. or we get JT at LT or get QUINN/RUSSEL for QB probably QUINN.

No one wants to pay unproven rookies overpriced signing bonuses & salaries. it destroys your cap figures. How many times do you have to see the Patriots maneuver to realize that their way is the only way to go!!! They overpay for nobody. And now you want us to overpay 2 unproven rookies as if these 2 players will take us from 6 & 10 to 10 & 6. Regain your senses!!!

GO PHINS!!!

sorry to do this but LINK???

No one wants to pay unproven rookies overpriced signing bonuses & salaries. it destroys your cap figures. How many times do you have to see the Patriots maneuver to realize that their way is the only way to go!!! They overpay for nobody. And now you want us to overpay 2 unproven rookies as if these 2 players will take us from 6 & 10 to 10 & 6. Regain your senses!!!

put quinn, thomas, CJ with the 2nd, and etiehr Landry, Adams, Brown, or Ginn Jr with the other 9th and tahts enough to do something special if not this year but next year. look at bush n NO last year, imagine a ginn jr and a Quinn combo or a landry and a quinn. thats amazing.

btw, rem quinn has AMAZING passing ability in stride taht many say is unreal, put that passing in stride via slant to a Ginn jr and ur looking at 6 pts. booker wiht his slow arse scored 2 TD via Slatn last year one being against Detroit. imagine a Ginn jr in that play

South Florida Sun Sentinel said:
Green wants deal with Dolphins

The agent for Trent Green said Friday that the quarterback wants to play for the Dolphins in 2007 and the only roadblock is an impasse in trade talks with the Kansas City Chiefs... A source said the Dolphins have interest in David Carr, who was released Friday by Houston shortly after Matt Schaub was acquired in a trade with Atlanta... Should Green or Carr be added, the Dolphins could part ways with quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ar24,0,1707847.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Detroit Free Press said:
Report: Lions show interest in QB Green

Millen will speak with the Chiefs about acquiring quarterback Trent Green, the Kansas City Star reported Saturday. But signs are mounting that the Chiefs will trade Green to Miami.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070325/SPORTS01/703250632/1049

Don't get surprised if suddenly this week Green signs with the Lions...

Back
Top Bottom