Trading up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading up?

Anthony D.

Lifelong Dolphan
Reaction score
There is now talk about Saban trading up with either the Vikings or jets.Vikins want our #16 for thier #17 and a fourth rounder.They think Cutler will fall to the 16th spot for some reason.The Jets want our #16 in case they get a better prospect at thier #4 and then they also think they will get Cutler at #16.In turn we would get thier extra #29 in the first and a third AND a fourth rounder.I like both ideas and think Saban can make one of these deals work out very well to our advantage.Which one would you go for?I say trade with the Jets and let Saban work his draft magic with all those juicy picks...what do you think?With Saban's knowledge of the college talent still so young,we would most certainly find talent in all these picks.What do you guys think?

I personally think that this draft is too deep not to utilize Saban's knowlege of the current college prospects with extra picks.

Who said this? Where is ur source? And I don't get wehy they want ours? Bc they might have a better prospect at 4? Huh? Someone explain plz. And I want a 2nd! But that's a sweat deal but my worry is will ther be any good olb out of sims grreenway wimbley lawson etc? Don't think so. Those guys carpenter n such will prob be gone by 29th. Where is their 3rd n 4th at? I think if not s moss well go with the auburn guy bigg n fast. Chambers type speed.

SR 7 said:
Who said this? Where is ur source? And I don't get wehy they want ours? Bc they might have a better prospect at 4? Huh? Someone explain plz. And I want a 2nd! But that's a sweat deal but my worry is will ther be any good olb out of sims grreenway wimbley lawson etc? Don't think so. Those guys carpenter n such will prob be gone by 29th. Where is their 3rd n 4th at? I think if not s moss well go with the auburn guy bigg n fast. Chambers type speed.

Why would the Jets do this? They could draft D-Brick at 4 and then get Cutler at 16. If he falls that far
We may not be able to get one of the top OLBs but we could get Mangold at 29, which wouldn't be such a bad thing. But I'm not sure I want to help the Jets out that much. :D

Anthony D. said:
There is now talk about Saban trading up with either the Vikings or jets.Vikins want our #16 for thier #17 and a fourth rounder.They think Cutler will fall to the 16th spot for some reason.The Jets want our #16 in case they get a better prospect at thier #4 and then they also think they will get Cutler at #16.In turn we would get thier extra #29 in the first and a third AND a fourth rounder.I like both ideas and think Saban can make one of these deals work out very well to our advantage.Which one would you go for?I say trade with the Jets and let Saban work his draft magic with all those juicy picks...what do you think?With Saban's knowledge of the college talent still so young,we would most certainly find talent in all these picks.What do you guys think?

where, show me a credible link please.

I would demand the Jets 2nd round pick along with #29 in the 1st round if the Dolphins were going to do this. 29, 3rd rounder, & 4th rounder is not good enough.

if we do trade it will be during our 15 min pick time when we all know who's available

Ryan1973 said:
I would demand the Jets 2nd round pick along with #29 in the 1st round if the Dolphins were going to do this. 29, 3rd rounder, & 4th rounder is not good enough.

Actually, it'd take their late 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

This is from an ESPN Insider article from today:

There also is some trade buzz regarding the Rams with the 11th overall selection. According to a source close to the situation, the Rams would consider moving back for the right deal, but only if quarterback Cutler is off the board. That obviously begs the question of how interested new head coach Scott Linehan truly is in Cutler. If the answer is very interested, the Rams might also be in the market to trade up a couple of spots to snatch Cutler ahead of the Cardinals, who are leaning toward Cutler at No. 10. As far as a trade-down partner is concerned for the Rams, I've been told Miami is one of the interested teams.

Crowder52 said:
This is from an ESPN Insider article from today:

There also is some trade buzz regarding the Rams with the 11th overall selection. According to a source close to the situation, the Rams would consider moving back for the right deal, but only if quarterback Cutler is off the board. That obviously begs the question of how interested new head coach Scott Linehan truly is in Cutler. If the answer is very interested, the Rams might also be in the market to trade up a couple of spots to snatch Cutler ahead of the Cardinals, who are leaning toward Cutler at No. 10. As far as a trade-down partner is concerned for the Rams, I've been told Miami is one of the interested teams.

what does trading up with the rams have to do with this post?? This post is about trading down with the Jets or Vikings, not the Rams.

newlownorder said:
what does trading up with the rams have to do with this post?? This post is about trading down with the Jets or Vikings, not the Rams.

teh herald says it and evne the frontpage dude. and id' take their 29th, 2nd AND 4th or 5th. I dont want a 3rd and 4th and MANGOLD is NOT our type of C he is a zone C we dont run that type of scheme.

Back
Top Bottom