Trading Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Up

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
After watching more of Watkins, I can't help dreaming about what he could do for Miami. Imagine Watkins in the slot and the damage he could do to a defense, especially with teams respecting the deep speed of Wallace. I haven't seen anyone acccelerate from 0 to top speed as quickly as he does and he can also go up and get the ball.

I know it's very unlikely with all the needs the Dolphins have that the team would trade up in the top 10, but if Miami can partly solve it's offensive line issues in free agency it could open up the draft to go out and get a star player.

So if you were GM, would you trade up and if so what player would you target?

There are 2 players who are among my top 3 players that I believe would be worth trading up for. #1 Alabama LB CJ Mosley #2 Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews. Both have All-Pro potential and fill MAJOR needs. I would add a third in Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard but he is a press-man corner and doesn't fit our current defensive scheme.

There are 2 players who are among my top 3 players that I believe would be worth trading up for. #1 Alabama LB CJ Mosley #2 Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews. Both have All-Pro potential and fill MAJOR needs. I would add a third in Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard but he is a press-man corner and doesn't fit our current defensive scheme.
Love Mosley and he is probably my favorite player in the entire draft. I've seen mocks where he's going in the 20's, but I have to believe he is top 10. Matthews might be top 3 overall depending on qb's. I think you are spot on with those two as I think they are the safest (most likely to succeed) at the next level. Matthews would solve the LT position in a big, big way. In the NFL and extra second can make the difference between a big play on offense or a big play on defense and he'll give you a couple extra in pass protection.

Love Mosley and he is probably my favorite player in the entire draft. I've seen mocks where he's going in the 20's, but I have to believe he is top 10. Matthews might be top 3 overall depending on qb's. I think you are spot on with those two as I think they are the safest (most likely to succeed) at the next level. Matthews would solve the LT position in a big, big way. In the NFL and extra second can make the difference between a big play on offense or a big play on defense and he'll give you a couple extra in pass protection.

I hate doing player comparisons... but I wanna throw one out there for Jake Matthews... Joe Staley of the 49ers.

I wouldn't trade up for any of those three. And it's not because I don't like them. It's just because I think that there's going to be a really good player available at #19 that will fill a need (because we have so damn many).

I wouldn't trade up for any of those three. And it's not because I don't like them. It's just because I think that there's going to be a really good player available at #19 that will fill a need (because we have so damn many).

I tried to have the kind of faith in our teams management that you do for so long. I just don't anymore. I look at all the players we passed on and the times we traded back to get more picks.

Now my theory is, screw more picks and filling holes, just trade up get one of the best players in the draft and be happy with that.

Really, what has this team got by trading back or staying at there pick? Not much...

I tried to have the kind of faith in our teams management that you do for so long. I just don't anymore. I look at all the players we passed on and the times we traded back to get more picks.

Now my theory is, screw more picks and filling holes, just trade up get one of the best players in the draft and be happy with that.

Really, what has this team got by trading back or staying at there pick? Not much...
They traded up last year and got shat.

Please check my posts before claiming that I have "faith in our teams management". This has *nothing* to do with that. This has to do with the fact that this is a rather deep first round and Miami should have a couple real good players to pick from at #19. If anything, I'm trying to move up in the second round where the drop off will start to occur.

If he declares; I'll sit right at 20th and get Josue Matias OG - FSU. If I can his linemate Bryan Stork later in the draft, combined with Pouncey.....

In the ZBS, this triangle would be devastating...

Back
Top Bottom