Training Camps! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camps!

Wagon Circler

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Alright, the point of this thread is to get some real football talk going! I'd like to hear what Pats, Jets, and Fin fans have to say about their respective teams. What are you looking forward to, what exciting developments are going on in camp, and what are the more shakey areas of your team? Leave all the Bullsh!t at the door and lets get in some real, red-blooded, manly football talk started up.

Here's how I see the bills right now:

I'll start off with the obvious, JP. JP has made some nice throws, but also, has had his share of puzzlers. His movement speed, acceleration, and evasiveness are even better than I thought. JP is going through what all qb's are going through right now, it's the first week of training camp, and there is a noticable rust coating. Overall, he has already proven to me what I thought was the ultimate goal of training camp for him, JP has shown that he is confident, and that this role is not too big for him. I like that he is getting his feet wet with such an incredible defense, it can only mean good things.

Moving on to Gandy/Peters at left tackle. There's a lot of mixed reviews on Gandy as of right now. There's people who say he's a bum and there are others who say that he was impressive. Again, I think there is a big rust factor involved with Gandy right now and he should improve with time. Gandy has shown he is a good athlete and has quick feet.

Peters is the young project at LT. I haven't seen enough of him to form a solid foundation on the guy, but he has been working on the second string O and has done fairly well there. Peters could evolve into Buffalo's future long term LT.

Willis looks great. You can tell that he has something that he didn't have last year. He is faster than last year, and even though he is at the same weight as he was in '04, he looks bigger.

The backup RB situation is good. I had questions whether the guys on our roster could be affective as a number two back. So far, Shaud Williams, Lionel Gates, and Reshard Lee all look impressive. I'm very interested in what Gates has to offer. He has good hands, he's big, young, and is faster than I first anticipated.

Our TE's are healthy with the exception of third round selection Kevin Everett. This group was also a pleasant surprise. During the offseason there was a lot of speculation if Campbell and Euhus would be at 100% by camp, and they are. I'm impressed with all the TE's in camp so far, and I like the idea of having a TE by committee to shake up an opposing defense.
The defense looks fantastic. I think this is the year Buffalo is considered an elite among the elite. Troy Vincent and Milloy will be very helpful if they can stay healthy from the beginning. Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson look very good. They both are showing tremendous heart and the ability to replace Pat Williams.

The special teams looks just as good as they did last year. Hopefully this will finally be the year Moorman gets a much overdue invitation to the pro bowl. The guy is flat out an amazing punter.

Well that's it, let me know what you think and let's hear what's going on with your team.

Back
Top Bottom