Travis Henry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Henry

Hurricane495

2001 Rookie of the Year
Reaction score
What about talking to Buffalo About Travis Henry I mean with McGahee almost ready to play Im sure Henrys time is numbered. Its just a thought :)

Hurricane495 said:
What about talking to Buffalo About Travis Henry I mean with McGahee almost ready to play Im sure Henrys time is numbered. Its just a thought :)
I think the problem would be that Buffalo would be reluctant to trade within the division. And the would probably ask for WAY too much.

You won't get Henry for any less than a 1st round pick next year & Ogunleye's rights... but it would probably cost even more.

Your front office has already contacted Tom Donahoe about a deal, I'm sure the conversation didn't last too long. Something like:

Wanny: We were wondering if we could make a deal for Travis
Donahoe: Sure, Travis Brown's a solid backup but we wouldn't be against dealing him if the right offer cam along.
Wanny: No, I meant Travis Henry, we're looking for a RB and we are willing.....
*cut off by laughter in the background*
anyway- like I was saying we are interested in acquiring Henry. We want to offer.....
Donahoe: I'll take Ogunleye, Your first round pick next year, Chris Chambers, your 2006 2nd round pick, and hell... how about Travis Minor... then I think we'll have a deal.
Wanny: We'll call you back later

MOULDSROCKS said:
You won't get Henry for any less than a 1st round pick next year & Ogunleye's rights... but it would probably cost even more.

Your front office has already contacted Tom Donahoe about a deal, I'm sure the conversation didn't last too long. Something like:

Wanny: We were wondering if we could make a deal for Travis
Donahoe: Sure, Travis Brown's a solid backup but we wouldn't be against dealing him if the right offer cam along.
Wanny: No, I meant Travis Henry, we're looking for a RB and we are willing.....
*cut off by laughter in the background*
anyway- like I was saying we are interested in acquiring Henry. We want to offer.....
Donahoe: I'll take Ogunleye, Your first round pick next year, Chris Chambers, your 2006 2nd round pick, and hell... how about Travis Minor... then I think we'll have a deal.
Wanny: We'll call you back later

Dude, you make it sound like he is LT or Preist or something. :shakeno:

Float On 74 said:
Do you think they'd give up McGahee?...that'd be perfect
He might cost even more than Travis.... the Bills F.O. beleives he has the potential to be the best player in the NFL otherwise they would not have spent a #23 pick on him and let him sit a year at a position where we already have an all-pro.

pigskinguy said:
Because he's in the same division, his trade value with the fish would be pretty much on par.

pigskinguy said:
To us, he almost is.

We have based our entire offense around a power running game this offseason. He's a franchise RB with more heart than 99.999% of the NFL. His cap hit is very low with 2 more years still left on his deal. He is the only proven commodity in our backfield. Losing him and not getting more than equal compensation would really hurt our playoff chances. The team realizes that as of now: McGahee is a ?, that Drew can't carry a team, and that the OL needs a running threat in order to maximize their pass-blocking potential. You will not get TH for what you may beleive is 'market value' simply because he means so much to this team right now and also because you are in the same division.

The Bills would over price him like hell. Given the fact were desperate(according to everyone) AND there in our division, itd probably cost a 1st Ogun and a 3rd. Personally, i think id like to stick with what we got.

Back
Top Bottom