Travis Ivey any one heard any updates on him? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Ivey any one heard any updates on him?

dbrookins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
hes 6'4 324 pounds. Any chance he could be our future nose tackle?

Not really anything at all. One thing I found interesting in one of Sprano's press conferences is he was a little more candid on positions you can learn about players in padless situations and positions you can't. He's always been pretty adamant about not being able to learn anything about linebackers until you allow them to hit. He said that you can see a lot in DBs even without pads on, but the thing that surprised me was he talked about how you can even see some things from the big uglies on the two lines even without pads on. I find that interesting, especially since he specifically brought up being able to tell which guys will jump up and bite ya, or some similar description.

I think Omar Kelly and a lot of other writers will try and say that you can't see anything in the DL/OLs until pads come on, but Sparano seems to disagree.

Not really anything at all. One thing I found interesting in one of Sprano's press conferences is he was a little more candid on positions you can learn about players in padless situations and positions you can't. He's always been pretty adamant about not being able to learn anything about linebackers until you allow them to hit. He said that you can see a lot in DBs even without pads on, but the thing that surprised me was he talked about how you can even see some things from the big uglies on the two lines even without pads on. I find that interesting, especially since he specifically brought up being able to tell which guys will jump up and bite ya, or some similar description.

I think Omar Kelly and a lot of other writers will try and say that you can't see anything in the DL/OLs until pads come on, but Sparano seems to disagree.

I would say this mostly comes down to them as well as the most of us not knowing what to look for technique wise. The intermost workings of tecniques such as hand placement/fighting, keeping the pad level low and square while bending the knees not the waist, and leverage are probably not things covered in journalism 101.

Back
Top Bottom