Trevor Lawrence EVERY play in NFL Debut! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Lawrence EVERY play in NFL Debut!

TrogdorTheBurninator

Club Member
Reaction score
There are some outspoken members who would prefer this dude over Tua. Wondering people's opinions here. He's obviously not as accurate as Tua here, but I also don't see any more 'zip' than Tua has.

If it were an option I would gladly trade Tua for Lawrence.

That isn't a knock on Tua, but Lawrence is absolutely a better prospect.

Looked pretty shaky in first start. He did heave up the one deep ball and connected. He is going to find that a lot harder to do in NFL which won him a lot of games in college.

Trevor is a nice prospect, but far more flawed than I’ve ever seen anyone nail down. He only faced real pressure once in his entire career at Clemson - vs LSU.

He had 13 [THIRTEEN] overthrows in that game. The most by any quarterback in a single game in college football that season. Didn’t pass for a single touchdown.

Trevor has some intensely poor habits in the pocket that reveal themselves under pressure. Tends to lift his feet which causes his passes to sail.

He made a living at Clemson throwing 50/50 balls in the general vacinity of his big receivers against below average college DB’s. He got away with it again to Marvin Jones in his first preseason game.

It’ll be tough to earn a living in the NFL the same way he routinely did against teams like the Citadel and Georgia Tech every week.

He has the ability to make the difficult throws. It’s the moderate to easier throws you kinda have to worry about with him. He’s extremely long levered which leads to inconsistent mechanics and difficulty honing precise timing.

You saw inaccurate throws high, low, and wide in that short video. Trevor has doorframe accuracy. Tua possesses keyhole accuracy. I still like Tua in this competition.

Back
Top Bottom