Trinidad vs. Mayorga | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trinidad vs. Mayorga

FinsNYanksFan13

Banned on Points
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm actually going to the fight tomorrow night so if anyone is watching on ppv, i'll be sitting in the nose bleeds :roflmao: . But seriously, it's my first boxing match. I've been to the world series, won tickets to the super bowl, and now i've been to a big boxing event, so i'm stoked. Anyways, all you boxing fans out there, who u got? I got Trinidad because I want him to win, although Mayorga is a beast. Anybody who smokes and drinks and can still go 12 rounds qualify's as a beast in my eyes lol. Anyway, I got Trinidad on decision. Who u guys got.

P.S. Zab Judah's on the card too. He's a hell of a young talent.

I spent $60 bucks on De la Hoya- Hopkins, so I won't be buying this one.

But this should be great fight. Both guys have excellent power, so one punch can end the fight. Mayorga will try to make it a war, but Tito will try to stay on the outside and box. I suspect Tito will be a little rusty at first, and he'll get knocked down by one of Mayorga's haymakers. But Tito will get up, and gain more confidence as the fight goes on. Mayorga will tire quicky, so Tito will land some nice shots....and eventually he'll finish Mayorga with a left hook.

Tito KO 9.

Tito KO 11. Everyone has been knocked out in 9 (roy jones, de la hoya), if it happens again tonight, i'm betting that in the lottery

I didn't see the fight, but it looks like my prediction was pretty damn close. I know my sh*t. :cooldude:

Fight of the year. Mayorga is a tough SOB but Tito was too much for him.

I just got back from the fight guys and let me tell u..........................it was a classic. I had choice seats (the arena wasn't sold out so I was able to move down) and let me tell u, the crowd was nuts. Action from bell to bell. This is easily the fight of the year and Mayorga is the toughest SOB in boxing. He went toe to toe with Trinidad but was just to worn down and beaten up by the 8th. Anyway, I can't wait to see the replay on HBO next saturday and if any of u missed it and want to see a classis FIGHT (notice I didn't say boxing match), you can't miss the replay. 8 rounds of non stop action.

I was following it on the internet in a boxing chat room. I hope I can see it next week. Certainly considered a classic. I saw some highlights where Mayorga did like he did to Forrest (sticking his chin out and letting his opponent tee off). But I doubt Tito was afraid of Mayorga like Forest was.

That's awesome that you got to go.

It's official: It's gonna be replayed by HBO Saturday! :woot:

P.S. It wasn't a given, since the PPV was a Don King production.

I'm just gonna say it again, whether your a casual fan (I went with a kid who was one) or your a diehard fan (like me) you will enjoy this fight. Everytime u think Mayorga is done, he comesback stronger. I don't like Mayorga but he is one of the toughest in the sport. Also, Bernard Hopkins was there with Costas doing commentary and he was going out it with the crowd like crazy. It was great to see! Trinidad looked good though and if he fights De La Hoya, Hopkins again, or anyone of that calibar, it's going to be another classic. Plus Tito's chin seemed stronger. He got caught a few times and gathered himself well, where in the past, he tasted canvas (although he always gets up). The crowd at the Garden was truly insane. I've been to wrestling matches (Summerslam), Yankee games, football games, and everything else u can imagine and I can honestly say that atmosphere in the World's most famous arena was electric. Anyways, watch the fight. It was a great, great show, put on by 2 warriors!!

Back
Top Bottom