Tua or Burrow? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua or Burrow?

Which one

• Burrow

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Tua

Votes: 31 52.5%

• Total voters
If Tua was durable... I could understand him getting votes.

But he’s not, so Burrow is clearly the right choice!
You better hope to hell Burrows never gets injuries because even as people are criticizing Tua it goes both ways - it goes both ways I don’t hope for anyone to get injured but some have made this guy into a Superman which he is not

You better hope to hell Burrows never gets injuries because even as people are criticizing Tua it goes both ways - it goes both ways I don’t hope for anyone to get injured but some have made this guy into a Superman which he is not

You can speculate on anything...Tua lack of durability is fact.

Superman’s greatest season in college history is fact.

You can speculate on anything...Tua lack of durability is fact.

Superman’s greatest season in college history is fact.
Here’s another fact. Tua was a 5 star prospect coming out of HS, Burrow was a 4 star prospect and wasn’t even talked about in the 1st rd until this past year. Tua had been the top rated QB every year since he started in college from most draftniks and scouts until he got injured. Fact.

You know what all this means. Absolutely nothing because neither of them have played a down in the NFL. We can argue who’s better in 3-5 years after they’ve been in the league awhile.

Here’s another fact. Tua was a 5 star prospect coming out of HS, Burrow was a 4 star prospect and wasn’t even talked about in the 1st rd until this past year. Tua had been the top rated QB every year since he started in college from most draftniks and scouts until he got injured. Fact.

You know what all this means. Absolutely nothing because neither of them have played a down in the NFL. We can argue who’s better in 3-5 years after they’ve been in the league awhile.

High school rankings? Lol

Every year? Tua was injured every year...lol

Newsflash...If Miami is making offers to Cinncinati? They are not comfortable with Tua’s durability!

That’s a pretty big If.

Is it?

ESPN’s Todd McShay just returned from the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, and on ESPN’s First Take Tuesday morning, he explained that if any team could convince the Bengals to give up that No. 1 pick, it would be the Dolphins.
“The Dolphins,” McShay said. “I know from talking to people in that organization that they have a lot of love for Joe Burrow. Everyone talked this year about ‘Tanking for Tua,’ and that was the guy that everyone thought they wanted. But with the medical situation the way that it is (for Tua Tagovailoa), everyone in the organization that I’ve talked to, they love Burrow.

From Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald:

“The Dolphins want to trade up to grab Joe Burrow with the first overall selection, if possible. They will make that attempt.”

Seriously? Do you believe everything you read on ESPN. So what about the team trying to get Tua in for a workout before everything shut down and the fact he was the 1st player they wanted to see. There’s so many smoke screens going on this time of year. I can find posts and news to fit my narrative as well.

Seriously? Do you believe everything you read on ESPN. So what about the team trying to get Tua in for a workout before everything shut down and the fact he was the 1st player they wanted to see. There’s so many smoke screens going on this time of year. I can find posts and news to fit my narrative as well.

Of course... due diligence...what if Cinncinati won’t trade down? Miami then has to decide between Tua, Herbert and Love!

Of course... due diligence...what if Cinncinati won’t trade down? Miami then has to decide between Tua, Herbert and Love!
I don’t know who they want, we as fans have our favorites. I just hope they pick someone that can mesh with Flores for the next decade.

I don’t know who they want, we as fans have our favorites. I just hope they pick someone that can mesh with Flores for the next decade.

I hear you... it’s not about Favorites for me, I call it as I see it!

Burrow was special this season and beat Trevor, Tua and all other comers...and he was durable.

If Tua can stay healthy...I believe he can be successful... but that is the real big if?

Herbert is prototype... and I believe he was trapped in bad offense for his skill set.

Love is very talented... was awesome in 2018 before his team graduated around him, and his coaching changed ... he was trying to carry his whole team!

I like all 4 QB’s... I want my team to get one... I want Burrow most of all because he Was the best in 2019, and it really wasn’t close!

Burrow hands down. The likely hood of both being at 5 is zero however if it happened then Burrow. Tua won’t be in the NFL in 5 years due to injuries.

In this scenario, got to go with Burrow. I love Tua, but durability is a big issue with him.

Agreed. I love Tua. Normally I would prefer the guy who excelled early. But in this instance I'm convinced Urban Meyer simply screwed up and didn't understand what he had, while believing he had to follow the college trend of a more mobile quarterback in JT Barrett.

I'm a huge believer in major college sleepers as opposed to wasting time looking at small school rosters for some hidden gem. Essentially Joe Burrow became a major college sleeper while still in college.

Right now Burrow's athletic arrogance is so high I'm reminded of John Elway decades ago. He carried the strut and the attitude from his freshman year.

I would be happy with Burrow, Tua or Love. None of them are going to become line drive mindless wingers. That is the type of quarterback I want to avoid. Once success is not coming as easily in the NFL it's quite common for the impatient personalities to resort to nothing but ridiculous fastballs forced into traffic. That fault ruined Cam Newton's career. Carson Wentz is going through it right now and may not emerge on the other end. There are already troubling signs from Baker Mayfield.

If we draft Justin Herbert or Jacob Eason we are essentially volunteering into line drive winger dependence. Maybe Herbert can relax and shake out of it in a more traditional offense. Not impossible. I don't want to pay high to find out.

With Tua it's strictly a matter of health. Everything else will take care of itself. Love has the elongated delivery and kind of an Andrew Luck tendency to underrate the adjacent defender's opportunity to diagnose and make a play on the ball.

I honestly don't know if I can take another month of "what ifs". Phins need to hold tight at 5, take whatever QB is there and take bpa after. A lot of holes need addressing with the picks we have remaining in the first two rounds.

Burrow or Lawrence next year. I like Tua as well but the injuries. I will say if we draft Tua than flo and co need to do whatever it takes to increase Tua's durability by any means necessary.

Tua's Injury History

March 2018 broken finger (surgery)
October 2018 sprained knee
November 2018 injures left quad
December 2018 injures left ankle (surgery)
October 2019 injures right ankle (surgery)
November 2019 dislocated right hip (surgery)

Tua's hip injury

Back
Top Bottom