Tuesday's Camp Report w/ pics & video | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday's Camp Report w/ pics & video

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Today was a pretty short practice and it was hot out there!

Neither QB was very good today. Both had a couple of nice ones, but many of the rest should be forgotten!

Jay's 1st 2 passes were way off, the second one was a horrible overthrow to an open Chambers about 30 yards downfield. Later on he missed an open #85 Lee with another overthrow. Seau picked off Jay after JT batted the ball into the air. Next play he overthrows a screen.

Feeley - picked off by #36 Akins. On another rep he overthrew an open McMichael deep. Several other bad throws. Doesn't look very confortable out there...

Sage - nothing special good or bad. very quiet today.

#62 went down with a leg injury after a draw play to Minor. He was carted off the field, but walked into the locker room by himself. It didn't look too serious. They were doing 11v11 at the time, then quickly went back to 7v7 with no linemen for the rest of the practice. Without the pressure of the D-line, Jay's throws got better immediately!

!st fight of camp!!! Well, not really a fight, but some pushing and helmet slapping. It was between #96 Bowens and #78 James after some pushing the play before. I like the attitude of these O-linemen! It was broken up quickly and DW immediately called a team meeting in the middle of the field for about 5 min. Then back to normal.

Player that stood out the most: Tolver! He had a great practice. He had 4 nice catches including the Play of the Day, a well thrown pass from Jay after he got open deep in the secondary. He had one thrown his way but a defender got a hand in there and broke it up. I would have like to have seen Tolver use his body better on that play and shield the defender from the ball. (see video for these 2 plays)

#84 Chambers - another solid practice. a few nice catches and almost another one on a great tip toe job on the near sideline after a nice Feeley throw, but it didn't look like he got his feet down.

#91 Williams made a couple of plays including a sack

#88 Thompson - had a nice catch from Jay in front ot Madison on a quick slant

#82 Newson - had a nice catch on a deep fade thrown by Jay

#44 Konrad - had a couple short catches, and shifted and lined up as a wide out on one play. They threw complete underneath to McMichael on that rep.

#80 Boston - quiet practice - had a small support over his right calf

#58 Moore - perticipated in a VERY limited capacity. He didn't look too bad running...

Photos: Click here

Videos: Click here

Have fun!

It was between #96 Bowens and #72 Carey after some pushing the play before.

I thought the rookies weren't in this camp, I went am I really that retarded? Please tell me you just misread his number otherwise I'm going to have my eyes checked.

Yeah.. I meant #78 James... brain-fart... thanks!

I *thought* it was vets only as well (as traditionally, it has been following the first mini-camps following the draft), but IIrc, the rationale behind that was that the draftees had to get back to finish up for school. Carey has already graduated, I think.

Thanks Dude!

Yeah.. I meant #78 James... brain-fart... thanks!

Whew so I'm not crazy...that'll show those god damn leprechauns.

Can anyone tell who the CB was that Tolver beat by 4 steps for the long completion?

I'm not 100% sure but I 'm pretty confident it was Korey Banks.

dude comes through once again...thanks for the camp coverage

"Dude" deserves some kind of award for his reports with the videos & all...he & Ozzy have been holdin' it down so far.

Props. :up:

Thanks Dude!

On jay's vid "running for his life" you hear someone yelling for jay to "throw it away" and he doesn't. Was that the OC yelling at him, or the QB coach, or just some fan???

You know... living in California sucks when your a dolfan....... Looking at the pics Dude posted for all of us (Thanks Dude) makes me wonder what these practices was like when Shula and Marino ran the team..

Why couldnt the internet be around then?? sheesh

lol

touborg said:
Any chance of getting the videos in one big file? The small ones are annoying.

I hope you're joking.

Haywood said:
Can anyone tell who the CB was that Tolver beat by 4 steps for the long completion?

Looked like #25. That would mean Reggie Howard.

Back
Top Bottom