Tunsil seeking to be highest paid OL in NFL; Fires Agency | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil seeking to be highest paid OL in NFL; Fires Agency

Just out of curiosity, Houston's QB Watson hasn't signed his mega-deal yet, has he? That'll be another contract added to that salary cap as well in a year or two.

Just out of curiosity, Houston's QB Watson hasn't signed his mega-deal yet, has he? That'll be another contract added to that salary cap as well in a year or two.

No. This is the first offseason he is eligible for an extension. Texans could wait till next year or even the following offseason if they choose and he doesn't holdout.

No. This is the first offseason he is eligible for an extension. Texans could wait till next year or even the following offseason if they choose and he doesn't holdout.

Correct. Plus the franchise tag after that.

But it comes quick. Which is why you could see Miami kick several picks into 2021. It sounds good to have all these picks but a lot of picks and a successful draft means in 3 to 5 years a lot of money becomes due.

Good to spread out the draft pick wealth when you have it.

Watson won't be a hard resign for Houston.

He's entirely to humble and content in life to let a couple million ruin his contract.

I was just thinking that Tunsil might like it here in Miami and is trying to force his hand.

Texans would never risk the embarrassment.

They would tag him and have him holdout or trade for equal compensation they gave up before ever releasing him/not securing him

Tunsil is a heckuva LT, and the player bashing here is crazy.

Especially since the bodies they threw at the position last year should have been delivering pizzas, not playing on Sundays.

Dont wanna brag but I and several others ****ING CALLLLLEEEDDD IT!

I knew he wanted to be the highest paid LT in history, penalty machine who is often dealing with or missing time with injury.

The Texans are headed for a downfall, I know Watson is great and will keep them relevant but even with the cap space increase with CBA negotiations they are in a bad spot. Coach is the GM, good luck with that. Aging and overpaid stars not a great drafting history, see coach is the GM. Watson's deal will be all time high and hurt them in the long run. Oh and speaking of draft no first round picks until 2022 and next year your first pick isssss oh right in the 3rd round. So superstars who will demand top dollar and hurt your cap and no draft picks of value for a few years to build up young talent and a coach who has managed his team well but not really developed tons of talent.

Tunsil and Watson could be $55-60 million in cap (for a top 10 QB and a average LT) and even if it jumps to $220 million overall those two will be a quarter of your cap. Last time I checked you still need 51 other guys. Gonna be a lot of lower end guys you expect a lot out of and a coach who hasnt shown he can do that.

I assume they tried. You can't make the player sign that deal and Tunsil knew he would have the leverage if he just waited. Even if he had stayed in Miami he would have had the leveage... how could the Dolphins have passed on the Texans offer and then not re-sign Tunsil the following offseason?

right- so if the Texans had a real GM- more than likely they don’t pull the trigger without having an extension in place, or at least pull back what they had on the table.

I just don’t think that is good management in my opinion.

Well who didn't see this coming? .... Oh right - Houston.

Who knows how this plays out. But i really want those ripping Grier and Co for trading him to atleast admit, in hindsight, it looks like a brilliant move for the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom