Turn 5 picks in the top 96 into 3 1st round picks next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turn 5 picks in the top 96 into 3 1st round picks next year?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hear me out, The Vikings last year traded back into round one with a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Given our lack of success in round 2 and 3 in general, I hope we package our 2nd and 3rd and move back into round 1.

Personally I would LOVE to have this scenario:

Currently we have 5 picks (Our 1st, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds) in the top 96. I think we should combine our 2nd and 3rd round picks 2 times and change it into having 3 picks in the top 32 or 3 1st round picks. with the new CBA the contracts makes sense and our lack of elite talent I think we would be way better off having 3 in the top 32 instead of 5 in the top 96.

Thoughts?

I know what your trying to say, it would be good but i just cant see it...............

i was thinking something along these lines, but can only see us maybe trading our early 2nd and early 3rd for a pick around 19-22 in the first and then keeping the other 2nd and other 3rd (depth is huge in football.... plus we are building through draft)

3 of 32 is obviously better average than 5 of 96.. but how do you propose we go about moving up twice... Especially when we don't know how good our 2nds or 3rds will be..

I think you are too focused on what round a player is picked rather than the player himself. You need to target some players, then figure out how to use those picks to get thos players. It looks like you are tageting the picks rather than the players.

I'd much rather 5 pics. Philbin builds through the draft and can pick talent.

I would love to see Miami come out of this draft with two elite players so I like a trade up scenario. Two trade ups would be tough and would depend on how high Miami picks, how high Indianapolis picks and, to an extent, how high the Bears pick. My guess is both the Dolphins and Colts pick in the top 10.

Yeah I gotta be honest I dont really see an issue with that plan except it likely won't happen.

lets hope we end up with a top 3 pick and can do what the rams did and be set up with an array of picks in teh first 3 rounds for the next 3 years
geno smith is rg3

thats not really something you do when you're trying to build a team.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

if we were one or two guys away from going deep in the playoffs i could see it. But I think philbin wants to get some guys that match his philosophy first and establish a good base of players, then go after huge play makers.

lets hope we end up with a top 3 pick and can do what the rams did and be set up with an array of picks in teh first 3 rounds for the next 3 years
geno smith is rg3

Let's hope NOT. I'm not throwing in the towel on our guys yet. But god forbid if we do draft third overall, I'd love to do what the rams did but it'll never happen. We'd need 1 or 2 pick to do that.

I prefer the much more fiscally sound idea of trading Long to the Bears for a 1st plus. He doesn't really fit zbs, especially pass blocking. He is worth substantially more to the bears than us at this point. Plus we could virtually eliminate any prospect of him ending up on the Jets in the future. Cutler needs him and they'd be foolish not to drop a first on him if they have the money to sign him long term. Win-win in my eyes.

So my draft would go:
1. DE
1. WR (from CHI)
2. CB
2. RT (from IND)
3. FS
3. TE (from CHI)

FA: Dwayne Bowe, LB, CB

Depending on where we go with our first pick and whose available later in the first, I would try to package 2 of our picks to move back into the first round.

Back
Top Bottom