Two Vets. for Center | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Vets. for Center

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Jeff Hartings and Barett Robbins.

Both are still above average starting Cs.

Raiders started playing decent when Robbins was there as did the Steelers. They are most probably cap casualties do to their very high cap figures.

I think both are worth a look and maybe a move of McKinney to LG where he seems to be better anyway.

Hartings was hurt this past year with knee injuries and is getting up there in age...and isn't Robbins the one who missed the superbowl? :rolleyes:

i would take Barret but i really want Woody and Ruben Brown there awsome and there taking away from division rivals!!!!!

Ya he did but the Raiders seem to be alot beter with him playing, Hartings is 31.

Both are good centers who have had their troubles but are worth a look for cheap two year or one year vet. minimum deals.

Baskin Robbins has some psych troubles, which would tend to make him cheap I think. But there's a reason he'd be cheap. He let his team down in their most crucial moment as a result of the problems and while you can forgive him as a person for it, you can't forgive him as a player for it.

Hartings is a pretty decent Center though. Other guys that could be considered are Mike Flynn of the Ravens (UFA) and Rich Braham from the Bengals (UFA). Braham is older but very serviceable. Flynn is pretty good too.

he's on medication now and isn't any different then alot of people with his 'disease'. If he keeps his meds under control then his psychie will be fine. He had to re-earn his OWN teammates respect and forgiveness after what happened which he mainly did with most of them (and most of the ones pissed off at first, after understanding why didn't necessarily blame him although pissed off), so the rest of the league should cut him some slack as he didn't sell them out on Superbowl day. Can you stop an alcoholic from being one? A diabetic? No. Just give them their meds to keep them in balance.

Like I said, forgive him as a person for it, but not as a player. As a player no matter how understandable the problems are, if there's something keeping you from showing up on game day and giving your all and helping the team win, that something takes away from your attractiveness as a player...and is ultimately reflected in salary. Why do you think we're even talking about him being cut.

No matter how understandable the problems, he's a risk.

Woody would be taking away from a rival, since he's a FA. Brown was cut, the Bills don't want him anymore. That's not taking away. He was part of a terrible, terrible OL. Unless he's dirt cheap, I don't think he's a great option.

I would really like to get Damien Woody. Brown wouldn't be a bad pickup either, especially if he came cheap.

i think Jake Grove would be an excellent pick if we end up with two 1sts. trade down a bit. get your man. get two G in FA and we will be set as long as Wade signs. Rashaun Woods (20)
Jake Grove top (2nd round). extra pick.

Feeley QB
Ricky Williams RB
Konrad FB
Chambers WR
Rashaun Woods WR
Wade Smith LT
Damien Woody LG
Mckinney C (Grove push to mckinney backup G)
Chris Villareal RG
Todd Wade RT
Randy Mcmicheal TE

That looks like a pretty darn good lineup to me. With a lot more stability in back up roles with Yates/Mckinney. the only worry to me would be backup LT but maybe that kid with the long arms we have will develope.

You know all the people on here keep talking about Rashaun Woods... most mocks dont have him going till the THIRD!! So why does everything think he is better than Clayton. Ive been saying since the middle of the college season that i would LOVE to see Clayton in a Phin uniform.. still want to. I like Woods but i just dont see why anyone would want him before Clayton.

I'd definitely like to get Barrett Robins. I'll pass on Hartings though, too many questions with age and injuries.

I wouldnt mind seeing them go after Chris Bober from the Giants.He played really well considering all the injuries and gave up only 2 sacks.He'll be cheap and more then just sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom